Horde Thinking about making a switch

I've had an extensive WoW career. When I first started my freshman year in college, my brother in law worked at Blizzard Entertainment within their legal department invited me into the Friends and Family program, and I've been played continuously since 2003.

**You're going to see iterations of "Completing" a character. I classify this as earning all of their eligible legendary items, maxing out all of their professions(including recipes), completing every tier set and matching off pieces (belts,wrists,boots etc.) for transmog, and finishing all reputations.

At launch until MoP, I played a Shadow Priest as my main (As a dwarf too for those in classic that remember fear ward restrictions). In the middle of classic, I rolled a balance druid to have as a "side character" (Since alts weren't really something you could maintain as well as your main back then) and I had him as my alt as time went on. When we started doing sales runs more seriously in Wotlk for ICC and Ulduar, I'd bring my druid as my second character for sales runs.

During 3.3, I rolled a DK and while we were clearing ICC on alts and sales runs, I made my DK my next project. At the end of WoD, she too was completed and needed basic maintenance with earning gladiator 5 seasons in a row.

In MoP, I rolled a warrior to start a new project since my druid, priest and DK were completed. I played my warrior from MoP to Draenor and in that small amount of time, I completed him as well thanks to some sweet RNGesus.

Now with Legion I rolled WW monk without the choice to play my other toons as the 3 of them were suspended (I was retarded and breached the ToS, I won't be like those white knights that pretend they didn't break the rules. I got lazy with grinding and I started to bot). I'm not progressing on her as I should, I raid and clear 7/7M EN, maintain WQs and rarely log on other than that. She doesn't excite me. I might just have burned out because I'm playing something I haven't really invested in (for perspective, I have a combined 1100 days on those 3 characters) and I honestly just miss them.

13 years now, and I haven't really raided seriously as a healer or tank. I've played the roles when we've had content for farm for months at a time but it's not a skillset that I possess that people would know me by. I'm more well known in the community as a DPS and theorycrafting for ranged and melee DPS. So my question for you users that have made a change from DPS to a more vital role in raiding, how did it go?

From the research I've done(which is as extensive as going to class Discords, reading on the forums here, and talking to peers), I think I'm leaning towards more playing my druid as resto, but that's why I'm asking for your opinions. Balance looks like something totally new and refreshing, which I may or may not like. Feral and Guardian don't look much different. Resto, being a spec I never used seriously, also looks pretty easy to learn. Looking at my priest, shadow looks like bundles of fun, but I fear that (like all classes that aren't mage) if they're good, they'll only live that life for a tier or two. Holy looks more interesting than disc, and disc looks way more interesting than MW. As far as DKs go, I think I'd really just continue to use my DK as a normal alt that I PvP on since my hardcore arena days are way over and most members from my RBG team retired and complete artifact appearances at an extremely casual rate.

My main characters will be released in the beginning of December, and I project that with the new catch up system with artifact knowledge, if I were to go HAM I could catch up and be good to go by Nighthold time where I'd be playing something more enjoyable than WW. I'd really like to know what your opinions are on Druid / Priest / DK as of their current playstyles (obviously are subject to change at anytime, so this is really as of right now) and any specs that are more preferable than the other.

Thank you for reading, I look forward to reading your responses.

TL;DR
    Played DPS my entire career. Want something different. Haven't played my 3 main classes with Legion changes. Want to know what spec is fun to play out of Druid / DK / Priest / Warrior.
    Last edited by Geekachu; 2016-10-23 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    tl;dr: humble brags and edginess

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

1100 days played and how much of that was actually playing and not botting?

I fail to see the point of all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I fail to see the point of all of this?
    If you read the post. Apparently the 3 of you are too good to provide some help. I specifically asked

So my question for you users that have made a change from DPS to a more vital role in raiding, how did it go?
    I swear this community has plummeted lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    1100 days played and how much of that was actually playing and not botting?
    Actual play, I botted for a week, total play time probably 20 hours. Like I said, I deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    If you read the post. Apparently the 3 of you are too good to provide some help. I specifically asked
    You want help? Do what you want.

Usually when I seek help with something I don't go on a world tour of "guys.. here is how I am the shit"

....4 hours go by...

"what should I do?"

and then when people reply with what I don't like pull down my pants and shit on them for it.

See where I am going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You want help? Do what you want.

Usually when I seek help with something I don't go on a world tour of "guys.. here is how I am the shit"

....4 hours go by...

"what should I do?"

and then when people reply with what I don't like pull down my pants and shit on them for it.

See where I am going with this?
    I gave you all the full story so people who have had the same experience as I had could provide guidance, we could relate and have a discussion. Literally no need for anyone to comment like you guys did. One of those "Have nothing nice to say, don't say anything".

See where I'm going with this?

I skimmed over the post and I couldn't figure out what you were asking easily, all I saw was a lot of bragging.

I'm not going to trash you over it, but you ought to realize that there are very valid reasons people are responding the way they are. Presentation is important, and on the internet less is good. People include TL;DR's for a reason.

I fixed it. Thank you for being a normal human being.

None of this post was to brag, it's an explanation so people who can provide some guidance, know what I have / haven't done in my time. It's not like I went on about FoS or achievements or epeen. It's just my history as a player.

Deleted
    i started out as a tank and switched to dps in late wotlk. neer looked back. nothing comes close to competing in meters or logs. you get some loot? you farm your shit (ap/gear/reps)? you do more deeps. you keep researching on your specs and new approaches/variations envelop? you do more deeps and can discuss those things with your classmates.

whereas as tank or healer whenever my alt gets some ilvls its more like, uh great +1 ilvl gained...whatever.
    also tanking is very dull and gets boring within the first 5 pulls when you understand what you have to do and have to wait for the dps/healers not to fuck up.
    healing is somewhat more thrilling, it only gets flatout boring on rekills. also i (personally) hardly see anything more from an encounter than the raid frame and whats beneath my feet (tunel vision). but thats probably only me.

in your case ild rather create another dps role (ranged <-> melee) and try that out for a while. you can also create a druid. tank/heal are extremely strong and balance and fearl arent that bad either.

A bunch of needless self-indulgence followed by a very simple question that isn't even allowed to be asked on this forum. Don't ask random strangers on the internet what to do in this game. That's your choice, not ours. And especially don't expect us to give a single flying fuck about the irrelevant nonsense you've accomplished while playing this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing the thread.
    "Help me pick my class" threads are not allowed. Please read the forum rules before posting.