Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    What do you do if your people stubbornly refuse to fuck and have babies, to the point where it actually starts to become harmful to your economy and the country as a whole? You gotta keep that population from falling somehow, and there's only so much a politician can do to get his people to start having babies...
    Jim, I think one of the things behind this is just how fcking expensive raising a family can get in a super advanced technological society like Japan. Add to that Japan's work culture of slavish devotion to one's employer, and the resentment many Japanese women feel about continuing sexism in their society, and you get a perfect shtstorm of no screwing.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Mass immigration would cause so many problems it probably isn't worth it for Japan. Is the Japanese culture capable of absorbing and adapting to these immigrants? Is it worth the risk finding out?

This raises all sorts of questions about our growth-obsessed global civilization. It seems allowing a population to just decrease (and Japan's population is already 125M) is simply unacceptable. Even population stabilization would cause population aging, which is also apparently unacceptable. Gotta keep the population increasing forever it seems.

But anyhow in order to offset the effects of low fertility Japan would have to import an extraordinarily high number of immigrants. Numbers even a more immigrant-friendly nation would balk at. Japan is going to have to deal with this, and perhaps in the long run they will be better of once their population has declined to a more sustainable level.
    Last edited by Astronom; 2016-10-29 at 10:51 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Muslims are quite well integrated in Japan as far as I'm aware
    Yes because they have none.Smart Japs outwitted us again.

Deleted
    But who will they let in? South Koreans?

Certainly not anime lovers? They dont have intercourse or reproduce either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Yes because they have none.Smart Japs outwitted us again.
    They have 100,000 actually

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Must be casual/moderate SE Asians then. They keep quiet and keep religion at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    But who will they let in? South Koreans?

Certainly not anime lovers? They dont have intercourse or reproduce either
    Rofl you rock

Would Japan accept any boat trying to smug peoples in without check? No
    Would Japan implement a similar set of policies like Canada or Australia for a controlled immigration? Most Likely yes

Immigration handled this way is a good thing, immigration handled like Europe substantially a free for all is a bad thing unfortunately everyone who try to protest is considered a fascist nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Yes, immigrants as in hard-working and highly educated people from culturally intelligent countries. As opposed to the migrants flowing into Europe as we speak.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Insignificant amounts since they have 120+ million population. It's not even 1% of the country. Of course they have no problems with them when they are such a small amount, if they fuck up there would be a huge backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Remove the pension benefits. BOOM! Problem solved. Pensioners don't like? Well you can go back to work. The other problem is solved now too.

This notion that you shouldn't have to work after a certain age is ludicrous
    Sure, go on, work after, let's say, being 80 years old?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I don't think you know what you're saying. Immigrants are people coming in from other places, be they productive or not.
    Which is exactly why i said what i said.
    they do not need warm bodies, (immigrants) they need useful people.
    Immigrants are not a cohesive group of productive people, they are a catchall for everyone migrating.
    Its like saying we need more doctors, lets take a thousand people driving by on the highway.

This isnt middle eastern immigrants Japan might be opening up to its educated and hard working people. Before you infract me endus alot of the ME immigrants are illiterate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    Mass immigration would cause so many problems it probably isn't worth it for Japan. Is the Japanese culture capable of absorbing and adapting to these immigrants? Is it worth the risk finding out?

This raises all sorts of questions about our growth-obsessed global civilization. It seems allowing a population to just decrease (and Japan's population is already 125M) is simply unacceptable. Even population stabilization would cause population aging, which is also apparently unacceptable. Gotta keep the population increasing forever it seems.

But anyhow in order to offset the effects of low fertility Japan would have to import an extraordinarily high number of immigrants. Numbers even a more immigrant-friendly nation would balk at. Japan is going to have to deal with this, and perhaps in the long run they will be better of once their population has declined to a more sustainable level.
    The logic of endless growth is absolutely caustic IMHO.

For Japan the effects of Mass Immigration like Europe would be dramatic, Japan would cease to really be Japanese very quickly. The social unrest it would cause would be high.

I think as well that Japan should stay their previous course and focus on internal natalistic measures. Immigration brings too many problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

If only we can get India, China, and the Middle eastern peoples to lower their birth rate like the rest of the world, the world will become a better place. The companies will have to treat their workers better because there will be fewer of them. If they make more machines to do the work of humans, that will be good too driving the cost of everything down.

Immigrants are good just carefully screen them to get the best and brightest.

Don't open your door to the looser and terrorist out of miss placed guilt or a foolish pride.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Sure, it's all about that, and has nothing to do with falling fertility rates that will eventually lead to massive pension deficits and an insufficient workforce.
    They've been selling that lie for decades. It was a lie then and it is a lie now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Damn right.

Getting Americans working is a great way to reduce some of the enticement that some illegals have to be here.

There's no singular trick to fixing the illegal infestation but this is surely one thing that needs to be done.

And ya, anybody who hires illegals should be imprisoned at heavily fined.
    Turns out our immigrants are some of the hardest working people in our country. They start more businesses, save more money, and have greater upward mobility than the large native populations. They are simply willing the hard work we are not willing to do. We don't have an immigration problem in the US. We have a welfare problem. If you could get poor urban blacks and poor rural whites off welfare, off their asses, and out mowing lawns, picking fruit, and roofing houses, there would be no jobs for the immigrants to take, and they wouldn't be here.