Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Just have a Canadian/Australian system. People have this weird idea that immigration in general is bad.
    Honestly, the Canadian one is great if you are an immigrant and you get treated extremely unfairly if you arent. Immigrants get houses for free, Dental mostly covered and interest free business loans. Its a fucked system and pisses me off. Treating them better than our own citizens is fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    oh there are plenty of things people do not have a problem paying for.
    But they would rather get it for free if that was an option.

I like the idea of requiring that people who issues which are extraneous to the basic operation of the country be the ones required to fund their expenses.

Speaking of which, are you guys ready for your health insurance premiums to go up?

Haha, get got.

Rich get richer, poor get poorer, the middle class becomes the new underclass.

You voted for it, now own it.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is a genius. If the US would have just vetted its immigrants in the past we wouldn't have a basket full of deplorables!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Here's a system, check backgrounds to ensure they've no criminal history that would be detrimental. Outside of asylum seekers, ensure they're entering the country to contribute to the country via working, learning and not just coming to take advantage of the benefit systems in place. While I'd have no problem with an immigrant ending up on benefit, I do find it wouldn't be wise to let people in who only intend to take advantage of the system. Checks should always be in place, not because immigrants are bad, but there are people who do need to be deterred from abusing the system.
    As for this whole, who pays for them. Same people who paid for you, me, Bob from accounting. That's how taxes work, government decides where to spend it and how much of it to spend. We vote for people to be part of government who best represent our views, I think they called it something fancy.. like democracy or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Honestly, the Canadian one is great if you are an immigrant and you get treated extremely unfairly if you arent. Immigrants get houses for free, Dental mostly covered and interest free business loans. Its a fucked system and pisses me off. Treating them better than our own citizens is fucked up.
    This is false, sorry. My aunt with two kids lives in Toronto, she moved there in 2004 or so. Where is her free house, dental coverage and interest free loans? Nah, she is reduced to renting an expensive apartment and looking for a job on a saturated market.

People who say that immigrants get preferential treatment, pretty much, anywhere probably don't know well what immigrant's life is like.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

And those that support military involvement in the middle east can pay for that? Those that support food stamps and medicaid pay for those? Sorry but it doesn't work that way.

Someone I know even brought up the idea where we could dictate where our taxes go to (i.e. 50% to healthcare, 23% to social security, etc). Still a shit idea in the end. The government exists for a reason.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This is false, sorry. My aunt with two kids lives in Toronto, she moved there in 2004 or so. Where is her free house, dental coverage and interest free loans? Nah, she is reduced to renting an expensive apartment and looking for a job on a saturated market.

People who say that immigrants get preferential treatment, pretty much, anywhere probably don't know well what immigrant's life is like.
    Good for your aunt and two kids because I live in the same country, an hour and a half from Toronto infact, and they built a few habitat for humanity houses and they all went towards landed immigrants. My father goes into the Dentist and the person infront of them gets half the bill covered for Dental by the government. We knew another couple, Who were nice and we are friends, Got a nice interest free business loan when they came here to open a Convience store as long as they hired one Canadian citizen. The second that agreement expired they got rid of him and hired family, Which is understandable but still.

I've seen it happen multiple times and its not false at all. Seriously pisses me off when I state real experiences. People wonder why others start to hate immigrants and thats the reason, People work hard all their lives here and watch as others walk in and get a leg up on everything. I don't have a problem with immigrants but I have a problem with that. Its either different in Toronto or something because im not lying, I have no reason too.

Here's a better idea for immigration: we're full, fuck off.

The federal government should tax and withhold funding from states the provide benefits to illegal immigrants as well as businesses that employ them. That would be a good start

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    And those that support military involvement in the middle east can pay for that? Those that support food stamps and medicaid pay for those? Sorry but it doesn't work that way.

Someone I know even brought up the idea where we could dictate where our taxes go to (i.e. 50% to healthcare, 23% to social security, etc). Still a shit idea in the end. The government exists for a reason.
    The biggest group of people that call immigrants every bad word they know are also the same group of people that would support any ME war.

Lets start with sending most refugees from the ME to the UK and USA, these two countries should take more responsibility for the chaos they have created.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    My cousin in Toronto is sponsoring a Syrian family at the moment. They are staying in her basement rent free for the year while they get used to Canada and look for work.

I have another friend from college sponsoring a family jointly through their church group. It's really not that outrageous of a concept for people to use their own resources to help others.
    Well you know you have countries that try to make it work and you have countries where people are throwing rocks
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-10-30 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

(And yes I know the world doesn't really work that way)
    If you know it is utterly impractically, completely impossible to implement, fully ignores the issue of enforcement, and creates an idiotic loophole, then why the hell did you take the time to type it out?

Deleted
    Everyone who support immigration should be forced to pay an additional 15% income tax. That would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Everyone who support immigration should be forced to pay an additional 15% income tax. That would be fair.
    How about the taxes the immigrants and their children and their grand children end up paying on the long term, or the taxes on the incomes of businesses that make a profit from those people? Income tax, sales tax, social security? When the government spends that money should that also exclusively go to people who supported immigration? Or you feel entitled to that money?

I wonder if any of you are actually capable of thinking past your own noses when you come up with this absurd nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    How about the taxes the immigrants and their children and their grand children end up paying on the long term, or the taxes on the incomes of businesses that make a profit from those people? Income tax, sales tax, social security? When the government spends that money should that also exclusively go to people who supported immigration? Or you feel entitled to that money?

I wonder if any of you are actually capable of thinking past your own noses when you come up with this absurd nonsense.
    Oh absolutely. Ones immigration turns a profit they can distribute those profits to all those that supported immigration. If the last 15 years is any indication i wouldn't hold my breath of ever recouping a single cent.

You don't seem to understand just how extremely costly it is to take in hundreds of thousands of "refugees" every year. The costs are astronomical and with no signs slowing down the costs will continue to increase.

You people seem to have no idea what kind of strain this puts on smaller countries where the whole system is build on 1 man working for every man not able to work. Even the Greeks which has been considered a success story in Sweden turns out was a wash in terms of economic growth since it turned out Greek women don't really work.

Stop talking shit and open your god damn wallet instead of foisting this madness upon the rest of us.

Doubtful, you'd have to figure out some way of also restricting any benefit that the immigrant could cause (direct or in-direct) occurring to those who didn't pay. It would also require a lot of paperwork to remain fair (if even possible) and would probably just end up costing too much, and cause segregation on an even larger scale as an added bonus.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What do you think?
    Are you trying to say "I don't want to pay for immigrants" in a rather long fashion or are you serious? If it's the latter, then it's yet-another shit idea from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Do people really still not know the difference between immigrants and refugees?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Do people really still not know the difference between immigrants and refugees?
    You can count the immigrants among that number lol.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Good for your aunt and two kids because I live in the same country, an hour and a half from Toronto infact, and they built a few habitat for humanity houses and they all went towards landed immigrants. My father goes into the Dentist and the person infront of them gets half the bill covered for Dental by the government. We knew another couple, Who were nice and we are friends, Got a nice interest free business loan when they came here to open a Convience store as long as they hired one Canadian citizen. The second that agreement expired they got rid of him and hired family, Which is understandable but still.

I've seen it happen multiple times and its not false at all. Seriously pisses me off when I state real experiences. People wonder why others start to hate immigrants and thats the reason, People work hard all their lives here and watch as others walk in and get a leg up on everything. I don't have a problem with immigrants but I have a problem with that. Its either different in Toronto or something because im not lying, I have no reason too.
    Maybe you are confusing immigrants with refugees? An immigrant arriving on skilled migration program to Canada does not get anything for free, except for legal status and permission to work.

There are some special programs, such as one Manitoba and Quebec have, that, indeed, target pretty much random people, and the government spends a lot of money to help them get started - but, AFAIK, those immigrants form a very small minority of all immigrants.

---

To be fair, I haven't followed it since 2013 or so; maybe Trudeau's government has changed something. All I know is, my aunt still hasn't gotten a cent from the government, and she would definitely not mind getting some help.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-10-31 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.