7+ Year Old Account

PvP Item Level Conversion

Can someone actually post a current source on what this exact conversion is? I've been hearing that every 10 item levels contributes anywhere from 1-5% and I can't find anything on the subject aside from that really fucking old video during beta where someone at Blizz said that an enormous ilvl difference would translate "roughly" to 2%. Is there actually an exact, confirmed number for this that is deployed on live servers, right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Can someone actually post a current source on what this exact conversion is? I've been hearing that every 10 item levels contributes anywhere from 1-5% and I can't find anything on the subject aside from that really fucking old video during beta where someone at Blizz said that an enormous ilvl difference would translate "roughly" to 2%. Is there actually an exact, confirmed number for this that is deployed on live servers, right now?
    Can't find the quote ever since they messed with the official PvP forums, but this info should still be correct:

• At the launch of Legion, the PvP stat template base will give you stats like you are wearing item level 850 gear.
    • Every item level above a baseline (800 at launch) increases your stats by 0.1%.
    • If you had an item level of 900 you would have a stat boost of 10%, giving you stats like you are wearing item level 860 gear.

So 10ilvls results in a 1% increase in stats.
    Any ilvl increase above 800 will increases your power.

This also implies that if, say, next season gear goes up to ilvl950, the numbers will be adjusted to prevent power creep. Ideally freshly geared and max geared players should always have a maximum of 10% difference no matter the current ilvl cap.