Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Dh tank, did +11 mos as 857 ilvl, resto shaman, spriest and demo lock and balance druid who did not get the consept of roots and stuff yet. Wasnt a problem, dps was low and only place we died was the latern guy destorying the group and the miniboss pulling whole room. Hardest adds were the 4 after first boss since no room to kite proberly and we did not think of skilping the boat before we cleared it but honestly, necrotic is fun. I actually have to do anyhting else than stand and pop cds while dps nuke em

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post

You know there are adds? It is not that easy.

you know classes are meant to nuke them down

also what are stuns/slows?

Deleted
    Necrotic stacks should wear off individually, like druid tank armor stacks imo. Maybe buffs duration or heal%reduce per stack to keep overall difficulty the same.

No doubt its a hard affix and it makes certain bosses a pita (2nd boss in votw says hi)
    Wut? Do the hallway strat and the stacks clear themselves away before he comes back.

I find it to be a fun challenge.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

As a tank, the real culprit is raging imo. Unless you're using some kind of cheese like magic BoP, by the time mobs get to around 30% health, that is usually the point where necrotic reaches enough stacks to be troublesome. That is when it really becomes kite or die.

I find teeming+necrotic to be a lot less annoying, despite teeming having direct synergy by increasing the rate that you gain stacks.

Completed a Vault 15 w/ Enrage/Necrotic to get our achieve (5 hov keys 12 or higher the last cupcake Sanguine/Overflow week). Difficult yes but hardly impossible if every person in group pulls their weight and helps the tank w/ his kiting.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...of-the-wardens

I mean, they could design the game so you could always just stand there and face tank, but what fun would that be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    Out of interest. How do you reset your stacks?
    Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    Because I read that some classes can use mitigation to reset stacks...
    Kiting, AoE stuns, any CD that prevents magic damage for 10 seconds. If you are highly mobile (warrior, dh) then you do more kiting, if you have great CDs (Blessing of Spellwarding, Final Stand, Anti-Magic Shell) you do it the other. Tanks who aren't naturally mobile can compensate with items like Shivermaw's Jawbone, Sephuz, or Agramar's Stride - anything to slow them or speed you. As prot pally, I find this to be a great week to spec Holy Shield to keep the stacks from building up as fast, and Consecrated Ground to slow mobs for easier kiting. Other tanks have other tricks; sometimes you have to comb through your talents and spellbooks for stuff you don't use every day. My favorite thing about M+ is how it pushes us to expand our toolkit beyond the same old routine we've used the past few years.

AoE stuns solve most problems other than Tyranical. Running M+ without timely stuns is seriously gimping yourself.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-12-11 at 12:15 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Necrotic is not too strong, but it's one of the uncomfortable affixes, which doesn't allow you to pull whatever you want in any amount, despite having all the def cds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    even as a bear it gets to the point u cant, as necrotic reduces healing u take, and all mobs in the dungeon bar bosses apply it, the affix is just aids.

yes bears can take more stacks and laugh, but at 15 stacks its a fucking pain in the arse and using dash drops u out of bear form, roar is on a 2 min cd, and if dps dont know how to slow or knockback or stun mobs your screwed, i onyl do this with Typhoon talented, wtih a bookin with typhoon, and a resto druid. with the same this affix is fucking aids.
    You should definitely be using displacer beast, makes dropping stacks easy mode. Yes you're in cat form, but you're also 20 yards away from mobs that have a 50% slow on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    The only issue we've really faced with necrotic is on bosses and finding time to drop stacks, some bosses is pretty damn hard/not possible to get away for enough time to do so.

Having someone in your party that can taunt and tank until the debuff wears off the MT is the best way and pretty much the best class/spec at this is resto druid. As a BM hunter i went into M+ thinking, ah my pet can just taunt pop 50% dmg reduction for 12 seconds and let the stacks drop off the MT. Nope, bosses immune to pet taunts
    Have they changed this recently? I did +10 Nelth's lair yesterday and my pet was definitely able to taunt the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    You should definitely be using displacer beast, makes dropping stacks easy mode. Yes you're in cat form, but you're also 20 yards away from mobs that have a 50% slow on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Have they changed this recently? I did +10 Nelth's lair yesterday and my pet was definitely able to taunt the boss.
    I've not tried in quite a while but the last time i tried it came up saying pet immune or something along those lines.

Just got to find time to drop stacks and kite, wouldn't go as far to say its EZ, but just takes thought

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    if they get the slow, as i said necrotic is aids if you dont have a group with aoe slows or stuns or knockbacks, and some classes just dont have them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.