Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'd have to go dig through logs to find it and I'm too lazy right now, but it pretty much happened any time multiple people were in the raid wearing it. You'll notice that one guy will get almost no-to no procs while the other guys will do ridiculously high damage.
    So I just spent some time wiping on M nythendra and it consitantly did only 1% of my damage since no one else had the trinket. Starting to think you're right.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Does pet dmg count as "hit" dmg? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If anything it would proc off your shadowbolt/demonbolts thats it. Doom counts as tick dmg too. I dunno if thats some secret op thing about soul effigy in the affliction spec that it translates your dots to hit dmg, but its the only way I was able to proc any of my trinkets (which bough and naraxas' spike tongue both proc off, a lot). Those two effects would constitute at least 10-15% of my damage at lower gear levels before I abandoned affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'd have to go dig through logs to find it and I'm too lazy right now, but it pretty much happened any time multiple people were in the raid wearing it. You'll notice that one guy will get almost no-to no procs while the other guys will do ridiculously high damage.
    Does the overall raid damage still go up as expected as you increase the number of trinkets in the raid?
    Not getting credit for the damage it does because someone else gets it I can deal with if I have to, but if it's just not effective to have several of these in a raid that changes whether it's worth using from a killing bosses perspective.

Is this worth it for Desto? Haven't been able to get a solid answer.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    Doubt it. Mastery is not really a good stat for us and we don't have so many fast hitting spells. I suppose if it procs off pets and you specced service and popped the imp, plus conflags with backdraft would give the most dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    I have two sets of gear - one for mythic+ dungeons and one for raiding.

In my myth+ set I have ~ 86% mastery, like no haste (<20%) and ~ 27% crit. I have (unfortunately) the LFR Bough but I will say, in dungeons, this trinket is absolutely crazy fun for destro (GoSac). I see it proc all the time, back to back sometimes and is great for those big pulls like in CoS or Darkheart. It is great also since when you do go on a boss it can go back to ST and then hop on adds too which I have found to be nice. I am happy with the dps output (I am 864 in Myth+ dungeon gear, 861 in raid gear) and will continue to use it and hope I can get the Normal version sometime soon. I'd say give it a shot, it may surprise ya!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B1head/simple

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Aff terrible for proccing trinkets?

After testing this trinket on a dummy, I can only conclude that the trinket does NOT proc off ANY of your pets. Those I tested were Doom Guard (Supremacy and Non Supremacy), Dreadstalkers and Wild Imps.

The damage the trinket supplies is extra shadow damage which is applied by YOUR spells.

From my testing this trinket is horrendously bad on single target, and under certain conditions (unless you get lucky) is actually feasible as an AoE trinket for all the Warlock specs.

Though it works on spell APPLIED not with channeling. So, Demonwrath with your PET in range of 4 targets, all with debuff, would give 4 procs, no matter channel time, and Demonwrath with you and your pet in range of 4 targets, would give 8 procs. Likewise Hand of Gul'dan would provide 4 procs. (When I say procs, I mean the additional shadow damage the trinket supplies). Abilities such as Felstorm does NOT proc any additional damage.

For affliction, your dot-ticks do provide with procs, so it works excellent on aoe.

For destruction, your immolate ticks do provide procs, but more importantly for AoE, each seperate HIT of Rain of Fire procs it, granting quite a few hits, making it alright for AoE for destruction.

But as for single target Demonology, as was debated here, it should provide little, to no extra damage, as on single target, it should only proc from damage sources such as Doom, Shadow Bolt (Demon Bolt), Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame and Thal'kiels's Consumption.

Furthermore, the trinket is bugged, and from my testing, can not be applied by channeled spells (The actual application of the initial dot).
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    The 875 version is so broken on affliction, and when you pop everything then there will be so many numbers across the screen