Deleted

Death Grip fail issue.

Another thing I want to mention is Death Grip fails a lot in pvp. There used to be a minor glyph to make it stop failing but it didn't make it to Legion. When a warr is charging if your grip it will fail, when a rogue using Death from above or cloak it will fail, it will fail against a frost DK using pillar of Ice, fail against holy priest using Spirit of Redeemer talent , against a pally who just bubbled or mage ice block, hunter aspect of turtle and so many other things. It fails and now the ability got 25 sec cd.

Death Grip is a ability that repeatedly fails, I don't think there is any other ability in game that fails as much as it. If a target is even rooted DG will fail. In PvP when a warrior is charging if you Death grip it will fail, when a rogue using Death from above or cloak it will fail, it will fail against a frost DK using pillar of Ice, fail against holy priest using Spirit of Redeemer talent, against a pally who used bubbled or mage ice block, hunter aspect of turtle and so many other things. Before there used to be a minor glyph that would refund DG if it failed against an immune target but unfortunately that didn't make it to Legion. So now due to all these bugs when DG fails your target is where it was and you are left with 25 sec cool down on Death Grip. DKs already suffer from lack of mobility, DG failing all the time is just slap in the face.

I mostly do PvP so don't know about DG's PvE mishaps. I am sure there is and please share your experiences. Maybe Blizzard will notice and give us the band aid fix as return of Glyph of Resilient Grip or just merge it with the spell.

It's called Counter-Play. Learn to read your opponent, the situation, and when to properly use your abilities. Death Grip (like every other ability) should have a counter. All the situations you mentioned aren't bugs, the abilities are working as intended.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    It's called Counter-Play. Learn to read your opponent, the situation, and when to properly use your abilities. Death Grip (like every other ability) should have a counter. All the situations you mentioned aren't bugs, the abilities are working as intended.
    Not really a counter to charge, heroic leap, demon hunter leap, wind walker charge....

Death Grip fails = 25 seconds of doing nothing. Every other class does not fail in this regard.

If you're competent enough to make a list of all the abilities that Death Grip fails to activate against, you should be competent enough to know when not to use the ability...

Most of the times i fucked myself with Death Grip was that I use the pet empowerment (dark infusion?) And when it charges to the target it roots them for 3 seconds, making it unable for you to Grip them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    This is not a thread asking for buff. It is just for fixing a bug and yes it is a bug. Which they fixed before with a minor glyph but the minor glyph didn't make it to Legion. Not being able to DG a rooted target is a BUG. Not being able to DG a charging Warr is also a bug but I can live with that.

Think about every other gap closer having a 30% fail rate. Warr not being able to charge at a rooted target, monk not being able to roll at a Pally with divine shield, Rogue not being able to shadow step or a mage pressing blink and it just failed. DG already has a drawback of not being able to close gap in all these situations but DG failing and being on 25 sec CD is too much of a punishment. I am 100% sure this isn't intended, Blizzard just forgot about this glyph, just like they forgot to add arena food for Pandarens.
    Last edited by mmoc2ee9170beb; 2016-11-07 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Another thing I want to mention is Death Grip fails a lot in pvp. There used to be a minor glyph to make it stop failing but it didn't make it to Legion. When a warr is charging if your grip it will fail, when a rogue using Death from above or cloak it will fail, it will fail against a frost DK using pillar of Ice, fail against holy priest using Spirit of Redeemer talent , against a pally who just bubbled or mage ice block, hunter aspect of turtle and so many other things. It fails and now the ability got 25 sec cd.

Death Grip is a ability that repeatedly fails, I don't think there is any other ability in game that fails as much as it. If a target is even rooted DG will fail. In PvP when a warrior is charging if you Death grip it will fail, when a rogue using Death from above or cloak it will fail, it will fail against a frost DK using pillar of Ice, fail against holy priest using Spirit of Redeemer talent, against a pally who used bubbled or mage ice block, hunter aspect of turtle and so many other things. Before there used to be a minor glyph that would refund DG if it failed against an immune target but unfortunately that didn't make it to Legion. So now due to all these bugs when DG fails your target is where it was and you are left with 25 sec cool down on Death Grip. DKs already suffer from lack of mobility, DG failing all the time is just slap in the face.

I mostly do PvP so don't know about DG's PvE mishaps. I am sure there is and please share your experiences. Maybe Blizzard will notice and give us the band aid fix as return of Glyph of Resilient Grip or just merge it with the spell.
    All this statement shows me that you fail at using Death Grip. Like Pendas says its called "counter-play" and a lot of abilities can counter others etc. Use Death Grip when a paladin doesn't have his bubble on your mage's ice block etc boom problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    All this statement shows me that you fail at using Death Grip. Like Pendas says its called "counter-play" and a lot of abilities can counter others etc. Use Death Grip when a paladin doesn't have his bubble on your mage's ice block etc boom problem solved.
    And your statement is showing you have no idea about what you are talking about. First question do you play a DK in 2k+ rating arena? Stay out of threads that you have no idea about. Go troll somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    And your statement is showing you have no idea about what you are talking about. First question do you play a DK in 2k+ rating arena? Stay out of threads that you have no idea about. Go troll somewhere else.
    Called Invulnerabilities for a reason aka immune to everything for a short period. If you read the description of the abilities the classes list you'd understand that you Death Grip at the wrong time aka you fail at using death grip. Use Death Grip when a warrior isn't charging or when a hunter doesn't have aspect of the turtle problem solved. Like pendas stated "If you're competent enough to make a list of all the abilities that Death Grip fails to activate against, you should be competent enough to know when not to use the ability..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Called Invulnerabilities for a reason aka immune to everything for a short period. If you read the description of the abilities the classes list you'd understand that you Death Grip at the wrong time aka you fail at using death grip. Use Death Grip when a warrior isn't charging or when a hunter doesn't have aspect of the turtle problem solved. Like pendas stated "If you're competent enough to make a list of all the abilities that Death Grip fails to activate against, you should be competent enough to know when not to use the ability..."
    You didn't read my post. I have nothing against immunities, it is absolutely fine that DG doesn't work on immunities. I am even OK with not being able to DG charging Warr. My main issue is with DG not working on targets who are rooted. Imagine in RBG when a target is a low hp and trying to escape Mage rooted the target and DK trying to DG him in melee range but DG failed. Another example is healer is at low hp and casting heal you tried to interrupt using DG but the target is rooted and DG failed.

I am giving you the benefit of doubt and assuming you are actually trying to discuss the problem. So clarifying about immunities, nothing should affect the person during immunity except mass dispel thats why they are called immunities. But accidentally you can use DG or charge or blink any gap closer on a immune target. maybe you used gap closer and target used immunity at the same time. For a warr he is going to end up on the target even with immunity but a DK's DG will be on CD. So you didn't close the gap and your spell in on CD. There was a minor glyph that made sure even if you accidentally used DG on a immune target it will not be on CD. But again this isn't the main issue. Main issue is not being able to DG rooted target.

But being rooted by definition means that the character will not move, either on it's own or with external influence (e.g. DG). If other abilities that move enemy targets (knockbacks etc) do work on rooted targets but DG does not, then it is indeed a bug. If they don't - it's by design. Whether or not you agree with that design is a different question.

Having said that, there are some cases in PVE there DG does not behave as expected, for example dryads in DHT prancing away from you and being immune to DG while at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    But being rooted by definition means that the character will not move, either on it's own or with external influence (e.g. DG). If other abilities that move enemy targets (knockbacks etc) do work on rooted targets but DG does not, then it is indeed a bug. If they don't - it's by design. Whether or not you agree with that design is a different question.

Having said that, there are some cases in PVE there DG does not behave as expected, for example dryads in DHT prancing away from you and being immune to DG while at it.
    Yeah just checked on my druid and shammy Knock backs no longer affect rooted targets. It used to be different before Legion. But the question is is this fair to DKs? We are already the slowest class in game and now our gap closer fails 30-40% of the time. There are classes who root targets automatically with dmg spells in PvP.