Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[maybe spoiler?] Ozumat + Neptulon @ Shaman order hall

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler anymore, but I'll just throw it up just in case the over zealous decide to hijack the thread's topic and make it about use of "spoiler" in the title, lol.

I remember watching Legion Beta videos of order hall campaigns and in the beginning of the shaman's campaign (when you summon Neptulon to speak with) first Ozumat appears and it looks like you may have to fight it but then Neptulon appears behind it, subdues it, implying he has tamed the beast.

However I just started my shaman's order hall campaign and when doing that part only Neptulon appears.

So was the Ozumat encounter taken out, or was it maybe moved?

I can only assume - if so - Blizzard is trying to save for the eventual Queen Azshara/N'Zoth content headed our way.

7+ Year Old Account
    they removed it?
    now it even makes even less sense...

he gets eaten alive by a squid, and out of a sudden he is back, out of nowhere like nothing happened?

Formerly known as Arafal

They want to use ozumat . The azshara raid next expansion probably

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    So was the Ozumat encounter taken out, or was it maybe moved?

I can only assume - if so - Blizzard is trying to save for the eventual Queen Azshara/N'Zoth content headed our way.
    Afrasiabi answered on Twitter before that Neptulon actually defeated Ozumat with the heroes' help back in ToT encounter, Abyssal Maw part, we just didn't get to see it. I guess they either didn't have enough time to finish that encounter or decided to removed that part (to save it for the scrapped Abyssal Maw raid) and forgot to tell us until now.

(You can see the full discussion on twitter here)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-11-09 at 01:22 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

The Wrath of Azshara was originally supposed to be the possessed Neptulon. They scrapped that idea.

Putting a spoiler warning next to the title which itself is a spoiler. You're doing it wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyser View Post
    Putting a spoiler warning next to the title which itself is a spoiler. You're doing it wrong.
    Gee I hope you're not upset about it or anything.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2016-11-09 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The allies won WW2. Shocking I know, sorry I blew that up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Afrasiabi answered on Twitter before that Neptulon actually defeated Ozumat with the heroes' help back in ToT encounter, Abyssal Maw part, we just didn't get to see it. I guess they either didn't have enough time to finish that encounter or decided to removed that part (to save it for the scrapped Abyssal Maw raid) and forgot to tell us until now.

(You can see the full discussion on twitter here)
    Alex can't decide of demons actually transcend reality or not...at this point I'm not sure how often we should trust him at his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Alex can't decide of demons actually transcend reality or not...at this point I'm not sure how often we should trust him at his word.
    Was it addressed recently? I thought he said like a year or so ago that they would clear it up more.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Gee I hope you're not upset about it or anything.
    Your profile image fits the way I picture you answering my post, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    The allies won WW2. Shocking I know, sorry I blew that up for you.
    Nice instigating bro. Keep it within Facebook and grade school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your profile image fits the way I picture you answering my post, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice instigating bro. Keep it within Facebook and grade school.
    Check your privilege, not everyone has the means to attend basic education. Sorry for being poor.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Was it addressed recently? I thought he said like a year or so ago that they would clear it up more.
    Nope never got cleared up, half the team still says they do and the other half doesn't. Still get different answers from different people lol.

Nope never got cleared up, half the team still says they do and the other half doesn't. Still get different answers from different people lol.
    This is why time travel, alternative realities and shit, should never be mentioned or touched upon if the authors/writers can't set it in stone or take it serious.

This is why time travel, alternative realities and shit, should never be mentioned or touched upon if the authors/writers can't set it in stone or take it serious.
    All he'd have to say is "we fucked up with Socrethar, but demons do transcend realities" and that would fix everything.

All he'd have to say is "we fucked up with Socrethar, but demons do transcend realities" and that would fix everything.
    what was this thing specifically with Socrethar? My understanding is that he's a demon unique to WoD's universe, so if you're saying he's not with the Legion now during this invasion, he wouldn't.

what was this thing specifically with Socrethar? My understanding is that he's a demon unique to WoD's universe, so if you're saying he's not with the Legion now during this invasion, he wouldn't.
    Socrethar was killed in Outland in Netherstorm(http://www.wowhead.com/npc=20132/socrethar), they've said that Outland is considered Twisting Nether, therefore he shouldn't exist in WoD.

Socrethar was killed in Outland in Netherstorm(http://www.wowhead.com/npc=20132/socrethar), they've said that Outland is considered Twisting Nether, therefore he shouldn't exist in WoD.
    Kind of.
    Except in WoD, we all know it's an alternate timeline in the past. Score that wasn't a demon originally in that part of the timeline. He became a demon during the events of WoD which is why he is still around.

Arguably, they could probably introduce another alternate timeline in the past and bring back Archimonde before he turned into a demon, and re-corrupt him.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    but at the end of those tweets he says
    "The only thing we should assume is that the fate of Neptulon and Ozumat are unknown."

We now know the fate of Neptulon and if we truly defeated Ozumat in ToT, then we would've not seen Ozumat for a while in the shaman class order hall.
    It seems obvious to me that they have intentions of using him for something else, an Azshara expansion need some named villains we know about and without Ozumat it would just be Azshara, N'zoth and Zul as far as I can remember right now, but with Ozumat that makes it four.

Like Legion has Kil'jaeden, Avatar, Xavius, Gul'dan, most likely Sargeras and a few more in the emerald nightmare (cenarius, etc)
    So it seems more and more likely we'll finally get the Azshara expansion soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    Kind of.
    Except in WoD, we all know it's an alternate timeline in the past. Score that wasn't a demon originally in that part of the timeline. He became a demon during the events of WoD which is why he is still around.

Arguably, they could probably introduce another alternate timeline in the past and bring back Archimonde before he turned into a demon, and re-corrupt him.
    At the end of the day, regardless of how far back you go, messing with time and dementional travel causes problems when you halfass a story and never clarify the lore. For example, what happens to all the AU Archimonde? Was there just not an Archimonde or a Kil'jaeden of that timeline or once you become a demon do all your alternate selves disappear, what happens...its madness the amount of plot holes WoD left us with.