Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I respect people's right to vote however they want.... people way too often seem to treat votes as if they're inconsequential. And they aren't.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Cute how everyone is crying, accusing "non-voters", saying that "only" half of the people voted.
    Because, you know, that's the fucking norm. Get used to it.
    It shouldn't be, though. And it certainly is not in most (Western) countries.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    He's a better candidate than the one the two big parties put forward, I can't blame them.
    Truth. I do not feel bad for Voting for Cecil (Harambe was his VP on my ballot). And for the cocksuckers bitching about their precious corrupt, rape encouraging cunt of a candidate, my vote would have gone to Jill Stein. If I was forced to vote between Killary and the Orange muppet, it would have been that orange trump muppet asshole. So... yeah, a dead lion/gorilla combo is better than the options we had.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    While I respect people's right to vote however they want.... people way too often seem to treat votes as if they're inconsequential. And they aren't.
    They are if you write down the joke candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    But what if the 100 millions left had voted for Harambe as well? Could he have been your independant president from the heavens?
    The Cincinnati Zoo hadn't produced the proper paper work or fee for Harambe to have been a candidate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I am fine with people making harambe jokes, but to actually vote for harambe and fuck things up like this?
    Shame on every person who did this. Fucking stupid as hell.
    Eat my shorts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Too bad Ohio isn't a write in state. I had to vote for Johnson.
    Harambe might have taken Ohio, since that was his home state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    LOL, so much salt.
    You telling me GROWN adults registered to vote, drove to a poll, & waited in line just to write in harambe on the ballot? Fuck this country
    — Dré
    To this quote/point, my polling place was literally on the corner of the turn down my street to go home, and there was no line at all (2pm, small iowa cult, er church).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Throw your vote away to a stupid meme, have your right to vote taken away for the next election.
    Throw your vote away on a completely shit candidate like clinton or trump, have your right to vote taken away forever!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Holy shit can this Harambe meme be over yet? It's more tired than Chuck Norris jokes.

And at least Chuck Norris jokes were funny when they first appeared.
    How dare you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    A dead gorilla has nothing.
    He has symbology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That gorilla probably accomplished more during his life than most of the voters did.
    He had the love of a nation. Something Trumpet and Killary have never and will never have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    So about Chuck Norris...
    Really wish this place had up voting. +1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    #FuckHarambe
    If Chloe Bennet wants to dress up like harambe, I'd happily fuck her gorilla ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's possible that people did not care who won for president but wanted to vote seriously on local ballot measures.
    Yeah, who cares who is president, but I need to vote yes to the legalized weed!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    14000 people who thought neither candidate deserved their vote doesn't seem like anything to me. I'm pretty sure a lot more than that just said fuck it and stayed home.

Blame the candidates, not the voters.
    And really, Clintonites could look at it as, 200 million people did not vote for her, only 59 million did. That'll sting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    people way too often seem to treat votes as if they're inconsequential. And they aren't.
    If you voted Trump in California, how did your vote matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    I have no issues with that, the last presidental election i went to i voted for: "Stannis Baratheon, the one true king" for president and "Thorin Oakenshield" as the mayor.

Why i even voted? In Slovenia every "district" has a list of people who can show up to vote there and due to both my parents working in the public sector and my mom's paranoia we simply showed up and "voted"... No harm, no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Votes are votes. They go to whoever the individual feels they belong to. Saying "These votes could have gone to XX Candidate" is pretty silly. No one is entitled to tell anyone who they are supposed to vote for.
    Doesn't make the Harambe memes any less stupid. Memes will bring about the end of the world, and it seems it's already begun.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    14k votes would not matter that much when Clinton already won the popular vote yet still lost.
    And the moment a republican loses with more popular vote people democrats will forget how they hated it this year.

What about the 2 million + votes for the other two presidential candidates? Should outrage not exist over those?

It didn't really affect the outcome, but if you cast a vote based on a stupid meme you're fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    People are free to vote for whoever they want, but I do think it's stupid to throw your vote away instead of using the vote to actually make a difference. Sure, I can understand that a lot of people didn't like either candidate, but I can guarantee that you disliked one more than the other. Throwing you vote away by voting on Harambe or some third party candidate won't do any good, and it could result in a victory for the candidate you liked the least.
    Even if those 14,000 people actually did vote for Harambe, and even if they all voted in the same state, they wouldn't have changed the outcome of this election. Even if they all voted Harambe and all voted in the same state, had they all voted instead for a third party candidate, that candidate still wouldn't have gotten enough of the vote in any state to reach the 5% target.

There were other important issues on everyone's ballot aside from picking the second worst candidate for President. I must assume that a lot of voters turned up to vote on issues on which they thought their votes might influence the outcome for the better. These supposed 14,000 votes would not have changed the results of the Presidential election at all, regardless of where they were cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Because those votes would surely have put Hillary over the top.
    AH

The denial is real.

Those who did vote Harambe wouldn't have voted otherwise, so no change really.

Deleted
    I do love how much trolling there is around these elections on the internet in general.

What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    It didn't really affect the outcome, but if you cast a vote based on a stupid meme you're fucking retarded.
    I would argue that if you voted for either of the major two parties, you're fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    But what does it really achieve? Harambre get 70 millions votes. He's dead, so they go to the next living choice and that's still Trump. Do you think either candidate will sit around crying that the monkey was more popular? Trump won't give a shit because he won. Hillary might feel bad, but it changes nothing.

I'm not opposed to people doing a write in vote, but they have to know they aren't really making any difference and neither candidate is going to be overly hurt because X number people thought Pee Wee Herman was a better choice
    I'm not saying people should vote for Harambe because he will end up president instead, I was adding to what I quoted: "Simply voters signalling to politicians".

If you stay at home and don't vote, you may as well just have been lazy or uninterested. By going there and leaving the field blank or writing some bullshit (which doesn't count here where I live to my knowledge) you say that you did care, but you couldn't get yourself to support any of them. Yes, the end result of the vote is most likely still going to be the same (assuming that you wouldn't vote for a lesser evil instead), but instead of seeming uninterested, you signalled that you were very unhappy with the current state of politics. It's a statement, nothing more.

Like a demonstration in the streets, except on a piece of paper.
    Last edited by Zindai; 2016-11-10 at 11:00 PM.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    But why? Some say shit like "Those could've gone to Clinton..." etc etc but guess what? They could've also gone to Jill Stein. Or Trump. Or whoever the other 3rd party guy is.
    Because they think the problem is that Bob thew his vote away, not that Bob is a democrat in a red state so his vote would end up in the toilet anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!