10+ Year Old Account

Another Chance to get Opie the Artifact Hunting Squirrel Mount

Missed your chance to get Opie from having to pre-order Starfall Prophecy back when it was announced? fear not, if you pre-order Starfall Prophecy up to next Tuesday, November the 15th, you can still earn 60 days of Tokens past the launch date to acquire it.

What's Opie you ask? Opie is a squirrel mount that is specifically tailor made to help you collect Artifacts (shinies) in Rift, these are small sparkly items scattered everywhere in all zones that you can collect to form sets and get rewards like titles, pets, cosmetic gear, mounts, all fluff stuff.

When you summon Opie your size is reduced way down to very small and a temporary ability bar will appear, best of all you don't have to dismount to collect the artifacts.

These abilities are from left to right:

Track Normal Artifacts
    Track Twisted Artifacts
    Track Unstable Artifacts
    Track Poison Artifacts
    Track Burning Artifacts
    Track Nightmare Artifacts
    Tip Toe (move forward very slowly)
    Squirrel Jump (places a targetting circle that you can aim and then jump to)

Of course you cannot just spam these and run around collecting shinies 24/7 the abilities need what are called Planar Fragments to 'fuel' Opie, these are obtained by turning in artifact sets to the Artifact Hunters in the main cities for lucky coins, these coins can then buy you stacks of pellets in a 100 bag or 1,000 bag size.

They can also be traded/bought on the Auction House and gathered from Foraging and Mining in the new Expansion, use them wisely though, go overboard and you can easily fly through a 1,000 pellets if you spam jumps and other abilities non stop.

So if you like what you see, pre-order Starfall Prophecy before November 16th and collect enough tokens to get it, you will need 50 tokens so you wouldn't be getting Opie straight away in case you're wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    So if you like what you see, pre-order Starfall Prophecy before November 16th and collect enough tokens to get it, you will need 50 tokens so you wouldn't be getting Opie straight away in case you're wondering.
    Mate, it's time to admit you are a paid shill for Trion Worlds. Seriously. ALL your posts are not just "informing the public", but smack of blatant advertising and promotion.

Come clean that you're being paid. At least people will respect you more.

The reason this "offer" was extended was purely due to lack of sales and interest. So many people I know who have played for years have just stopped.

Even the silly attempt at making the servers "appear" busy by putting everyone from all six servers on one failed due to massive lag spikes and game instability.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Mate, it's time to admit you are a paid shill for Trion Worlds. Seriously. ALL your posts are not just "informing the public", but smack of blatant advertising and promotion.

Come clean that you're being paid. At least people will respect you more.

The reason this "offer" was extended was purely due to lack of sales and interest. So many people I know who have played for years have just stopped.

Even the silly attempt at making the servers "appear" busy by putting everyone from all six servers on one failed due to massive lag spikes and game instability.
    If he finally admits to it, what will you do in return...Buy the expansion
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If he finally admits to it, what will you do in return...Buy the expansion
    Already bought it. Also WON a deluxe edition on their live stream and sold it for 28k plat.

I have a guild I raid with - a great group of guys - and have cleared most content - I'm a casual, but they drag me along.

Hence I know how much new blood are entering the game, old are leaving, how upset people are.

How casual? I cleared most stuff once or twice. Now I just log in daily to do my crafting and then log off.

I intend on doing a "Let's Play" on it when it releases.

People seem to think I hate the game. I don't. Most people don't. They hate what Trion is doing to it, how the marketing, direction has been handled.

US$40 is still overpriced imho and will do more damage than good to the community putting in another pay wall - in addition to the existing one. Would have been nice if they just shoved the earrings into the expansion price. having to unlock those is just dumb and greedy.

TrionBrasse is a bit of an improvement on Ocho, though. I like her.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-11 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Already bought it. I have a guild I raid with - a great group of guys - and have cleared most content - I'm a casual, but they drag me along.
    Hence I know how much new blood are entering the game, old are leaving.

I intend on doing a "Let's Play" on it when it releases.

People seem to think I hate the game. I don't. Most people don't. They hate what Trion is doing to it, how the marketing, direction has been handled.
    US$40 is still overpriced imho and will do more damage than good to the community putting in another pay wall - in addition to the existing one.
    Agreed, I keep wanting to go back and play Rift. But each time I do I just remember what Trion has done and is doing to it so I don't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, didn't take long for the usual suspects to come a knocking

I've stated many times before, but here i go again, just for you Wonky...

I have no affiliation with Trion, i don't work for Trion, i don't have any contact with Trion, i don't have any Devs or staff members on speed -dial, skype, Twitter, Facebook..nothing, i'm just somebody that plays Rift, end of story so you can put your Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theories to rest now just because i like the game and am keen to keep people informed that makes me a "shill", bwahahahahha priceless, if that's the case, half the posters on MMO-C who post about News or upcoming content for the game they play are all shills as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I mean, it IS a nice looking mount, guys.
    "Nice" isn't the word I'd use. I'd call it "dumb looking" personally, but the same is really true for most of the mounts in Rift imo, they all seem to be variations of Squirrels, Gorillas and Budgies and I'm just not a fan of the overall design of them. At 155% speed especially they start to look really stupid, I can't help but notice how much they all start clipping when their animations are played at high speeds.

I also have my qualms with how they're handling it too, having to both buy the expansion and collect tokens just seems to be overkill as far as I'm concerned. I get that it does things that no other mount, currently, does, but I'm not keen on the idea of having to worry about also getting the tokens just to claim a pre-order bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    "Nice" isn't the word I'd use. I'd call it "dumb looking" personally, but the same is really true for most of the mounts in Rift imo, they all seem to be variations of Squirrels, Gorillas and Budgies and I'm just not a fan of the overall design of them. At 155% speed especially they start to look really stupid, I can't help but notice how much they all start clipping when their animations are played at high speeds.

I also have my qualms with how they're handling it too, having to both buy the expansion and collect tokens just seems to be overkill as far as I'm concerned. I get that it does things that no other mount, currently, does, but I'm not keen on the idea of having to worry about also getting the tokens just to claim a pre-order bonus.
    Exactly. Feels more like a pre order chore than a bonus tbh. Pre order goodies should be goodies not a damn chore. As for mount aesthetics it's like all MMOs. Some look trash and some look good but Rift does seem to have the majority of ugly ones however that is my subjective opinion. That Sea Crab mount for example looks horrid to look at. I don't give a rats ass if Opie does something other mounts don't do if you make something a pre order bonus then make it a bonus not a fucking chore to obtain. As usual Trion is so out of touch with the players.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-13 at 11:59 PM.