10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Bioware teases potential sequel to Jade Empire

http://nichegamer.com/2016/11/11/bio...l-jade-empire/

BioWare may be returning to their classic action RPG Jade Empire sometime in the near future, if the words from some of the studio bosses are anything to go by.

Speaking with Game Informer, Bioware’s Creative Director Mike Laidlaw said that “Jade as a sequel is never dead.”

“There are a lot of people still at the studio who worked on that game and want to get back to it,” BioWare’s General Manager Aaryn Flynn added.

“I think one of the advantages to getting back to it after a long time is not only nostalgia is a very powerful feeling in people, but skipping a generation of hardware is actually really exciting because it feels like it’s not an evolution. It’s a revolution of what you can do, and I think that’s the kind of thing that brings people. What if we were to revolutionize Jade Empire and brought it back in that regard? That’s the kind of talk that still happens around the studio.”

Would you guys like to see a proper sequel to Jade Empire? Sound off in the comments below!
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Interesting. Still need to play the first one though. Got it free on Origin a while back, might give it ago.

Yes, please. I played shit out of Jade Empire. It had some clunky controls and felt a bit unfinished, but it was still a great game with one of the best stories out of BioWare games. I would love a sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes! Jade Empire was awesome, wasn't as much build variety as there was in some of BW's other RPGs (mostly looking at KOTOR), but it was a SUPER fun game that I replayed probably more than I should have done...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Wonder how many memes Bioware will be able to put in there.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I always enjoy articles like this.

Someone asks a publisher/developer about a franchise that's not currently in active development.
    Publisher/developer says that the franchise isn't dead but says absolutely nothing about anything happening with it.
    "PUBLISHER/DEVELOPER TEASES NEW GAMES IN X FRANCHISE!" headlines appear everywhere despite that not at all being what was said.

Clickbait at its best.

10+ Year Old Account
    "skipping a generation of hardware is actually really exciting because it feels like it’s not an evolution. It’s a revolution of what you can do"

I know what he's trying to say but that sentence is vomit enducing. Also agree with Edge, developers will almost never say that a series is actually dead and that's all anyone needs to assume it's being developed.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Jade Empire sell pretty poorly? Seems like they'd have a hard time convincing EA it's a worthwhile endeavour, when their other more modern franchise are more popular with gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, Jade Empire... The only Bioware game I absolutely could not get into, no matter how I tried. :/ Still, if they make a sequel eventually, I might be willing to give it another try.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.