Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Take off ascendance of the game and elemental becomes extremely easy to balance... Just saying... the fact that we can brust like crazy is the reason that we cant get lava burst buffed and other shit.
    That doesn't make any sense, we have abilities which aren't useful during ascendance burst like lightning bolt or stormkeeper and even if they wanted to buff lava burst without it affecting burst they could do so and reduce the ascendance duration. There is no valid reason for them not buffing elemental other than not wanting our single target damage to be higher than it is.

Been hearing this since start of Cata. Let's see what they change. If they don't do anything about that +5% lava surge talent, I actually wouldn't be surprised :P Also, Elemental blast could be made baseline since it doesn't exactly offer much at the moment outside of lucky crit + mastery.
    Last edited by effs; 2016-11-14 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    That doesn't make any sense, we have abilities which aren't useful during ascendance burst like lightning bolt or stormkeeper and even if they wanted to buff lava burst without it affecting burst they could do so and reduce the ascendance duration. There is no valid reason for them not buffing elemental other than not wanting our single target damage to be higher than it is.
    There are many different factors to keep in mind:
    Mastery CAN add huge burst spikes (especially during Ascendance)
    Ascendance in itself adds a huge burst potential
    Haste also contributes to a lot of burst

Elemental Shamans have always been in a weird place, where they have a ton of burst in a small window. Overbuffing LvB would add to that and imo isnt the way to go.
    I personally think that buffing LB and probably even Earth Shock would solve some of the problems that Ele has. Their burst and AoE are good, but the damage AFTER the burst phase is atrocious, and thats where Ele needs help. Buffing LB by a LOT should at least help with that; it just scales way too low to be good.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    MM hunter are terribly designed talent wise. Having one "cookie cutter" build for every dps aspect is terrible in my opinion, it nullifies the purposes of talents.

I see many people complain about having to change talents and adapt, but guess what, that is how it should be. Fire mages and MM hunter are an anomaly. Sure they are strong, but the design is bad and one dimensional.
    Enhancement is the same. You rarely ever change talents, unless you like experimenting.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, ele isnt much better when it comes to talents. TM is becoming more powerful the better your gear while earthspikes fall more and more behind because their scaling is atrocious and ST only. Wish it was more like little chain lightnings so it becomes viable for aoe and make it scale better especially with secondary stats. Replacing the totems all the time is fine for most raid bosses but its a pain in dungeons sometimes.

Only real choice is ascendance for burst (only fight where i found it viable was cenarius mythic nuke strategy), but usually its LR all the way.

I hope gust of wind becomes baseline and buffed a bit (remove roots, skip ground effects) so i can take something to benefit the group/raid.
    Last edited by TripleZero; 2016-11-14 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Take off ascendance of the game and elemental becomes extremely easy to balance... Just saying... the fact that we can brust like crazy is the reason that we cant get lava burst buffed and other shit.
    They can simply make crit chance as bonus damage to LvB as a baseline. It won't affecting Ascendance because it's already there.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think interaction with ur Mastery is the way blizzard is going to go tbh, that being shocks attatched to it and increased maelstrom gain, f blizz really wants us to have haste/Mastery as we have in the past why can ascendance not be a special snowflake and scale damage off mastery?? it would fix our really odd interaction of stats making mastery actually better and while they are at it buff lavaburst to proc off of mastery procs....i mean out old mastery in MOP copies could copy copies. hence the insane AOE.

But they will most likely give us a 5 percent buff overall and then a patch later nerf us by at least 10 percent and say 'we where op and didnt know it' again....

Sad that i have become so Jaded when they say they are going to do some fixes....like 'we know the totem tier isnt working as intended and we are going to do something abot it' - WOD nver happened...they buffed other stuff and nerfed more and the fracking totem tier wasnt even touched. Shame Blizz Shame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halx View Post
    I wonder that nobody talks about this. At least we are "on the radar" now.
    I keep telling myself, something good will happen. I still do, and I really hope so.
    Im hoping for either:

A good LB buff (Not just 5%)
    Making Ascendance baseline and adding a new talent
    Remaking mastery scaling to make it matter more than now
    Giving us utility on the move - Remaking frost shock to have 3 charges with 15 sec recharge. Cost no maelstrom, generate no maelstrom but do decent damage. That would require a change Icefury though.

Just something from above would be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    They should give Ele crits the ability to proc a full charge earth shock
    While not a bad idea, but... having the legendary boots on my ele, i wouldnt even want to play that spec

80% Earth Shock-> rest

Blizzard says we're in the line for a buff.. So reduces Stormkeeper from 200% increased damage to 100% so that's a 50% nerf... And gives us 5% int buff...
    O and would you look.. Fire mages get a straight up 10% int buff?? Not like a fire mage can global you already.. now they are half global you -.-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Lava Spurge View Post
    Blizzard says we're in the line for a buff.. So reduces Stormkeeper from 200% increased damage to 100% so that's a 50% nerf... And gives us 5% int buff...
    O and would you look.. Fire mages get a straight up 10% int buff?? Not like a fire mage can global you already.. now they are half global you -.-
    You're not very clever are you ...

Ele cant be even a gimmicky and conditional glass cannon on pvp. Only glass, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollz113 View Post
    You're not very clever are you ...
    Going to expand on why I'm not clever? we get 5% int buff with a 50% nerf to Stormkeeper, while fire gets 10% int buff with no nerf to main moves?

That's stating facts from Blizzard -

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Going to expand on why I'm not clever? we get 5% int buff with a 50% nerf to Stormkeeper, while fire gets 10% int buff with no nerf to main moves?

That's stating facts from Blizzard -
    Thankfully, it's only pvp and not across the board.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Thankfully, it's only pvp and not across the board.

Yeah I'm talking about PvP, apologies if I didn't make it obvious when talking about being globalled by fire mages (I'm guessing that's why I'm not clever) - For pvp, ele is actually in a nice place for once, I suppose Lightning Rod will be out and they have buffed the Ascendence spec - Gradually bringing back old school LvB!

Who still play ele in pvp.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Who still play ele in pvp.
    I do, but I'm also lazy and, apparently, a masochist.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'm talking about PvP, apologies if I didn't make it obvious when talking about being globalled by fire mages (I'm guessing that's why I'm not clever) - For pvp, ele is actually in a nice place for once, I suppose Lightning Rod will be out and they have buffed the Ascendence spec - Gradually bringing back old school LvB!
    Ehhh... Define a nice place. Everything and everyone utterly destroys me, unless I manage to hide or run away first... I do make an okay flag runner in Eye of the Storm though...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I PvP a bit aswell, we were okish if we had stormkeeper up and the lords RNG but with this ? Back to the nether.

Bad Change for PvP.

Elemental is about bursting down people, not doing sustained damage.

If they want Elemental about doing sustained, they need to scrap the majority of PvP talents and replace them with control options, not damage ones.

The fact that they buffed Fire Mages Int by 10% turns this into some kind of bad joke.

Playing any kind of caster at all in PvP (note: I don't count hunters as casters) is masochism to me personally so making it even worse is just kind of funny.