Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healers and CC in PVP.

Hi guys, bit of a rant, but I am curious as to people's thoughts on healers in PVP.

I am playing a holy paladin, which is fun, and strong in random senseless battlegrounds. But where I run into an annoying roadblock, is when I enter rated pvp, I feel outclassed by other healers' CC.

I am quite new to legion, so I haven't played much at all yet, but I was under the impression that all healers' CC abilities were nerfed. So, I levelled and geared, missing my Rebuke, but living with the loss, because I thought other healers had the same treatment. However, druids still have clone, monks have god knows what, I still haven't bothered learning what abilities they have.. But AE stuns, incaps etc. Priests still have fear, Shamans seem to be in the same boat as paladins, but wind shear pre-legion was ridiculous.

I don't understand if they are removing CC, that they didn't do it across the board.

And I can't see the harm of holy paladins having rebuke. We were sold as "Melee healers" early in legion. Yet the only resemblence of being a melee healer left in us, seems to be the Holy Crusader talent (which is great fun) - But balance wise, I don't see how it's a terrible thing that a paladin can melee interrupt.. Don't want to be interrupted? Keep your distance. Priests can AE fear in "melee/short range".

I am open to tips and hints on how to deal with this, and would love to open a dialogue/discussion about how we feel about legion pvp healing, with other people and their experience.

Take care;
    Algo

Play with a warrior and ask him to pick the ranged stun so you can set up Repentance then the warrior charges and Fear (if you don't give a fuck about DR you can stun too)

hoj every 30secs is a pretty strong cc imo.

Reroll Mistweaver. Currently the most obnoxiously overpowered healer ive seen since the introduction of rated pvp.

having a 30 second setup is pretty good. however, i find paladin extremely easy to kill unless your dps knows how to protect you

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Reroll Mistweaver. Currently the most obnoxiously overpowered healer ive seen since the introduction of rated pvp.
    so...haven't played pvp long I take it? bc druid, wrath s5/s6 prot/holy, Cata s9 rshaman, all far more ridiculous in their time then MW is now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    MW have Paralysis (3 sec instant cast cc, 20 sec cd) and 4th row choices of Ring, Forget the middle one, Leg stun (5 sec stun, 30 secs cd).

So sometimes in a match, a MW would roll/torpedo/mistwalk (depending on the situation) to the enemy healer then paralysis (usually 2.5 secs it lasts) then into a leg stun (5 sec stun). Most common scenario that this happens.

So I don't see how this is OP. This happens once every 45 secs tbh (setting it up couple secs give or take) because you have to be in their range.

You have stun, repetence or that holy disorient, ways to get out of cc, bubble, immunitys, great damage. Not all healers dont have to be the same. Hpala is the top tier healer now in arenas. Mistweaver also. You dont shine in the areas they do but you shine in others. If you wish it to be like this then, lets remove the hpala sac. They removed the nimble brew from mistweavers so it would be fair. Doesnt feel good eh? You get the job done so dont worry bout it, run those enh or rogue comps and it really doesnt matter the healing class you has, jist let em be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    I don't understand if they are removing CC, that they didn't do it across the board.
    They Normalized it. They didn't blanket "remove 1 cc ability from everyone."

I feel outclassed by other healers' CC.
    You have virtually the same cc toolkit as every other healer out there.

Holy Paladin:
    Hammer of Justice: 5sec Stun, 30s CD, does not break on damage.
    Repentance: 10sec Disorient, 15s CD, breaks on damage.
    -or-
    Blinding Light: 6sec AOE Disorient, 1.5m CD, breaks on damage.

Restoration Druid:
    Cyclone: 6sec Invulnerability, no CD, does not break on damage.
    Mighty Bash: 5sec Stun, 50s CD, does not break on damage.
    Not including roots, because targets can still heal/damage during this.

Mistweaver Monk:
    Paralysis: ??sec Incapacitate, 15s CD, breaks on damage.
    Leg Sweep: 5sec AOE Stun, 45s CD, does not break on damage
    or
    Song of Chi-Ji: 10sec AOE Disorient, 30s CD, breaks on damage.

Holy Priest:
    Chastise: 5sec Incapacitate, 1m CD, breaks on damage.
    or
    Censure: 5sec Stun, 1min CD, does not break on damage.
    Mind Control: 8sec Dominate, no CD, caster cannot move or cast spells while channeling.

Discipline Priest:
    Psychic Scream: 8sec Disorient, 60s (30s talented) CD, breaks on damage.
    Mind Control: 8sec Dominate, no CD, caster cannot move or cast spells while channeling.

Restoration Shaman:
    Lightning Surge Totem: 5sec AOE Stun, 45s CD, does not break on damage.
    Hex: ??sec Incapacitate, 30s CD, breaks on damage.
    Not including earthgrab, because targets can still heal/damage during this.

Chances are I'm forgetting 1 or 2, or have durations/types mixed up. I can fix if you point it out. But seriously, it looks pretty freaking standard across the board to me. No healers have an interrupt or silence (unless you're a blood elf, but that's hardly healer specific, and i'm not counting tauren stuns either), and each one brings their own unique utility.

tl;dr:
    Every class has a 5sec stun. Only Disc does not, and they have their fear.
    Every class has a disorient/incapacitate except for priests, who have mind control.
    Last edited by Kylista6; 2016-11-15 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Forgot Shamans Existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    They Normalized it. They didn't blanket "remove 1 cc ability from everyone."

You have virtually the same cc toolkit as every other healer out there.

Holy Paladin:
    Hammer of Justice: 5sec Stun, 30s CD, does not break on damage.
    Repentance: 10sec Disorient, 15s CD, breaks on damage.
    -or-
    Blinding Light: 6sec AOE Disorient, 1.5m CD, breaks on damage.

Restoration Druid:
    Cyclone: 6sec invulnerability, no CD, does not break on damage.
    Mighty Bash: 5sec Stun, 50s CD, does not break on damage.
    Not including roots, because targets can still heal/damage during this.

Mistweaver Monk:
    Paralysis: ??sec Incapacitate, 15s CD, breaks on damage.
    Leg Sweep: 5sec AOE Stun, 45s CD, does not break on damage
    or
    Song of Chi-Ji: 10sec AOE Disorient, 30s CD, breaks on damage.

Holy Priest:
    Chastise: 5sec Capacitate, 1m CD, breaks on damage.
    or
    Censure: 5sec Stun, 1min CD, does not break on damage.

Discipline Priest:
    Psychic Scream: 8sec Disorient, 60s (30s talented) CD, breaks on damage.

Chances are i'm forgetting 1 or 2, or have durations/types mixed up. I can fix if you point it out. But seriously, it looks pretty freaking standard across teh board to me. No healers have an interrupt or silence (unless you're a blood elf, but that's hardly healer specific, and i'm not counting tauren stuns either), and each one brings their own unique utility.

tl;dr:
    Every class has a 5sec stun. Only Disc does not, and they have their fear.
    Every class has a disorient except for priests, who have mind control.

You forgot resto shaman.

And to OP, maybe you don't have the best CC out of all healers, but you have the best defensive and best healing CDs in the game currently. All classes have their drawbacks, and if you had the best CC there would be no legitimate reason to bring any healer but a hpally in arenas.

Fuck the CC part. Its all about the utility. Its nearly impossible to catch up to a Mistweaver who knows how to play.
    That means you have to sit the dpsers leaving the mistweaver running around, porting to africa and back doing pretty
    much whatever he wants and if you happen to get someone low there is a ridicolous life cocoon on barely any cooldown saving
    your ass if you fail at facerolling.

People defending monks current state are obnoxious and wont get any more responses from me.

Deleted
    Yeah cyclone and bash save me when I'm being trained by 2 melee that kick the first 2 casts they see, stun on CD and 9 times out of 10 have a shaman spamming the most skillful of purges whilst doing 2/3rds of his dps partners damage.

Constantly hearing about peels but then you've got fuck all pressure, the consistent damage of double melee with dumb as fuck up time (anything playing with a WW, Rogue or Feral... Usually Walking Dead since that's all the rage right now) means you have to peel CONSTANTLY or just out pressure the opposite team so THEY have to peel.

It's fucking fun playing a healer, I mained a Warrior for years so I never thought I'd say this but man... I miss fucking spell cleaves.

To be honest, the only retarded thing about monks is the 5 minutes uninterruptible castable while moving channel.

Quote Originally Posted by squeekinator View Post
    You forgot resto shaman.

Woops. I'll add that, as soon as I remember wtf type of cc resto shamans have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    Woops. I'll add that, as soon as I remember wtf type of cc resto shamans have.
    Hex - 8s on 30s cd with 1.5s cast time, a curse, so not everyone can dispel it, but druids are immune,
    Wind Shear - 3s ranged interrupt on 12s cd,
    Lightning Surge Totem (talent) - 5s stun with 2s delay, 45s cd, requires other CC from the partner or mentally deficient enemy to work.

Deleted
    I wonder if you played MW in Pandaria. Dude that shit was anything but broken. You got REKT out of the arena. Played a lot of 2on2 back then and i still got nightmares fighting priest rogue combos.
    We suffered for years and now its our time to shine

Fuck the CC part. Its all about the utility. Its nearly impossible to catch up to a Mistweaver who knows how to play.
    That means you have to sit the dpsers leaving the mistweaver running around, porting to africa and back doing pretty
    much whatever he wants and if you happen to get someone low there is a ridicolous life cocoon on barely any cooldown saving
    your ass if you fail at facerolling.

People defending monks current state are obnoxious and wont get any more responses from me.
    Hahah you are so butthurt
    Its been like this since day 1 and suddenly its imbalanced and not possible to catch up Just because 20 second CC is not the meta anymore everything else is broken.
    Last edited by mmoc3b32b65f8f; 2016-11-15 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Mistweaver was op during MOP (don't know about wod) and op again in Legion.

I know everyone wants to feel like superman, and healers are no exception but they should be toned down, either in terms of healing output (and that stupid unkickable channel) or mobility.

Healers make too much of a difference in pvp whether BG or arena

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, bit of a rant, but I am curious as to people's thoughts on healers in PVP.

I am playing a holy paladin, which is fun, and strong in random senseless battlegrounds. But where I run into an annoying roadblock, is when I enter rated pvp, I feel outclassed by other healers' CC.

I am quite new to legion, so I haven't played much at all yet, but I was under the impression that all healers' CC abilities were nerfed. So, I levelled and geared, missing my Rebuke, but living with the loss, because I thought other healers had the same treatment. However, druids still have clone, monks have god knows what, I still haven't bothered learning what abilities they have.. But AE stuns, incaps etc. Priests still have fear, Shamans seem to be in the same boat as paladins, but wind shear pre-legion was ridiculous.

And I can't see the harm of holy paladins having rebuke. We were sold as "Melee healers" early in legion. Yet the only resemblence of being a melee healer left in us, seems to be the Holy Crusader talent (which is great fun) - But balance wise, I don't see how it's a terrible thing that a paladin can melee interrupt.. Don't want to be interrupted? Keep your distance. Priests can AE fear in "melee/short range".

I am open to tips and hints on how to deal with this, and would love to open a dialogue/discussion about how we feel about legion pvp healing, with other people and their experience.

Take care;
    Algo
    HPalas are probably the second strongest healer at the minute, especially due to how strong meleecleaves are and Hpalas typical place in meleecleaves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woosens View Post
    We suffered for years and now its our time to shine

This is the worst argument people can use.

Just because your class/spec may have been underperforming before does not justify it being overpowered now.

So, no it is not your time to shine. It is your time to get balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    This is the worst argument people can use.

Just because your class/spec may have been underperforming before does not justify it being overpowered now.

So, no it is not your time to shine. It is your time to get balanced.

FOTM people don't understand that, they just want rollercoasters in balance to shift from one broken class to the other