After playing the Fire specialization for the Mage class for many years, I have grown accustomed to using a two-handed staff. A staff for a mage has always been the depicted weapon of choice for the use of magic in an MMORPG. A staff gives mages a majestic-eque playstyle. The current Fire Mage artifact being a one handed sword, not only does it limit our transmogification to only swords, but a sword just isn't mage-like in my opinion and several other people think so as well.

I know blizzard wanted to make each individual specialization unique by giving each their own weapon types, but some of which just don't fit lore and restrict some of our favorite transmogs.

Will their be any future development toward allowing fire mages to either transmog their one handed swords to staffs, or maybe make a Staff variant artifact appearance? Let me know what the rest of you think on this.

Its not just fire mages, windwalker monks and frost death knights being restricted to duel wielding, and shadow priest which is in a similar situtation as fire mage, just without that mage-to-staff connection.

I know this might seem bizarre to some of you, but this is just my opinion and after looking over several over forums, I am not the only one to bring this topic up, so please let me know if this is a possibility.

Thank you