Shadow - max. Voidform stacks without StM?

Hey there,

I'm playing with Legacy of the Void instead of StM and I'm wondering what's the average amount of Voidform stacks I can get without it?

My stats right now are:

28% Crit (focus on Crit due to Auspicious Spirits)
    9% Tempo
    56% Mastery
    ILVL: 855

Talents: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/priest/shadow/cp6z

With Void Torrent I manage to get to 30-35 stacks. That seems rather low when others reach 100 with StM. I try to delay Void Torent as long as possible to use it shortly before I drop out of Voidform or Shadow Word: Death is off CD. I don't understand why I should Void Torrent directly when switching into Voidform, I'll never get a second one within Voidform.

What am I doing wrong?

You will not get 2nd void torrent when playing LotV unless you get BL + play with PI and get some lucky crits along the way.

The idea behind Voidtorrent directly off the bat when playing StM is to get 2,3 and 4 Void torrents off before you die.

So it's okay to use Void Torrent in the last seconds of Voidform? And 30-35 stacks is "good"? I still don't get it. My trash damage in Mythics is - compared to many other classes - abysmal. Is that normal?

Im not sure about lotv but 9% haste is extremly low

Yeah, uh...you should not be stacking crit, OP. Haste is the best stat overall for Shadow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, uh...you should not be stacking crit, OP. Haste is the best stat overall for Shadow.
    His crit is ok-ish (actually he has good crit) for LotV.
    LotV supposed to be played with Crit priority...

However, 56% mastery... Mastery becomes good after 12k haste, aka about 37%...
    Aim for haste -crit gear with slight, Optimum should be something like 30% haste, while keeping your crit if you can.Drop mastery for more haste (if you really have 9% haste).

15+ Year Old Account
    The most stacks I've reached in a single Voidform (used PI, VoiT & Disperse) was about 45.
    Normally I reach somewhere in the lines of 33-36.
    "Conservationist" Lucretzya, LV120 Female Human Destruction Warlock
    Lemuria the Light of Dawn, LV120 Female Lightforged Draenei Protection Paladin
    Field Medic Larraine, LV110 Female Void ElfShadow Priest
    Sylvanas, EU
    Laviathan of the Shattered Sun, LV120 Female Blood Elf Affliction Warlock
    Twisting Nether, EU

You should definitely get A LOT more Haste and get that mastery down. You could still be at 25+% crit while also having 30+% haste at your ilvl. Haste is (when below about 37%) 70% stronger than int.

Oh and don't bother trying to do good dps in mythic dungeons. Things die way to fast and spriests aoe damage is the worst of all classes. Get yourself carried through trash and wreck the bosses instead.

I'm trying to get gear with Crit, after that Haste. If an item doesn't have any Crit I'm mostly disenchanting it unless the itemlevel is higher and there is at least Haste on that item. I'm using the Hellfire 855 trinket as well, so my Crit is 30-32% in fight. I'm trying to get equip with better stats but... yeah.

This is my arsenal: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Samayel/simple

Most of my items have Crit + Mastery... yeah, nice.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-11-18 at 05:27 PM.

Crit is actually the best stat for LotV in dungeons, since the main focus of your dps is multiple targets. For raids, you'll most likely want some more haste. I'm working on a set of new weights, divided into dungeons/raids since it's 2 very different scenarios.

Deleted
    I can get to 40-43 with LoTV and PS single target but I have the belt so that makes it all easier.

I usually do that in dungeons on first bosses (all below 8-10 keystone bosses), VoiT right away, pet at 13, PI at 16, Disp at ~36 or so to give a MB or VB time to come off and I can make it.
    If the target is in SWD range then sometimes up to 47 but the drain then becomes almost unsustainable in LOTV.
    Last edited by mmoceeee7d1315; 2016-11-18 at 05:31 PM.

35% haste, 26% crit, no shoulders, no belt.

35 stack voidform is good. PI+Torrent

40 is lucky/external buffs

40+ is multi-target (SA procs and/or SWD snipes)

I regularly hit 50 in mythic + because of sear + shoulders.
    On bosses i'll get anywhere from 30-40 if I use CD's and don't have to move a whole lot.

Okay, so ~ 30 seems to be the normal amount of stacks without StM. Thanks!

I have the Legendary Belt and with that and SI I can reach 50 stacks on Heroic and Mythic Bosses with LotV.