Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wish the CH nerfs happened a long time ago. I re-rolled to another healer 2 weeks before Legion came out, when the High Tide/Deluge build was beginning to emerge near the end of beta. That, and Wellspring ended up being extremely gimmicky because of its overheal+CBT interaction. CH has always been a staple in Resto's kit and is probably the best AoE heal in the game, but this ultimately makes it difficult to balance as well.

I also wouldn't pay way too much attention to the charts for now. It's easy to cheese with Disc+multiple innervates, or HPals/Resto Druids with BiS legendaries and cheesing healing CDs. HPals and Resto Druids in particular are definitely strong healers, but given that guilds are moving from farm to progression, of course Resto Shamans are gonna fall behind in rankings. If there's any healer who should be a little bit worried, it's probably MWs who could use a brushing up on their mechanics and mana management before NH comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I wish the CH nerfs happened a long time ago. I re-rolled to another healer 2 weeks before Legion came out, when the High Tide/Deluge build was beginning to emerge near the end of beta. That, and Wellspring ended up being extremely gimmicky because of its overheal+CBT interaction. CH has always been a staple in Resto's kit and is probably the best AoE heal in the game, but this ultimately makes it difficult to balance as well.

I also wouldn't pay way too much attention to the charts for now. It's easy to cheese with Disc+multiple innervates, or HPals/Resto Druids with BiS legendaries and cheesing healing CDs. HPals and Resto Druids in particular are definitely strong healers, but given that guilds are moving from farm to progression, of course Resto Shamans are gonna fall behind in rankings. If there's any healer who should be a little bit worried, it's probably MWs who could use a brushing up on their mechanics and mana management before NH comes out.
    Even if we are competitive in progression and unable to Cheese mechanics we look to fall further behind once 7.1.5 comes out. Our set bonus beyond the 2 piece is utter trash... Who cares if we can drop the cd of HST. It's almost always available with Echo of elements. If you play a riptide build you have constant tidal waves. It doesnt really make sense.

They seem to want to push shaman towards Wellspring but it is such a bad design for a spell. Let's give you a spell every 20 sec that has a cast time and does relatively low healing. Fitting a final tier talent into short windows on boss fights is too tedious and will never outweigh the benefit of having an extra cd or baseline boost to overall healing.

I wish wellspring replaced "glyph of chaining" playstyle from a WoD.

Have it replace chain heal, do a bit of boosted healing on a low CD but no mana hike in terms of overall cost.

I used to love glyph of chaining for all fights I couldn't hit all my chain heal targets

Currently maining a resto shaman and already seeing the dreaded farm healing coming on (luckily I can go enhancement for most now).

How are we supposed to stay relevant in 7.1.5 when we are currently low on our healing numbers (slightly, but still we aren't topping anywhere) and we are getting a nerf in both healing output (chainheal nerf) and no tier set (well there is one, but due to stats and set bonus using it is actually a healing loss).

Am not familiar with the intended changes with the other classes, but I doubt they are receiving a 5% throughput nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky View Post
    I hear several of our healers during raids hit for 1mill+, I've yet to see that from any of our resto shamans, myself included.
    I usually see my healing surge hit for over 1mil when targets are at 50% or below. Think I've seen a 1.6mil hit iirc

Deleted
    damn it, I just rerolled to resto and now they are nerfing the fuck out of resto shaman. God please let this not be real. First the Healing Chain nerf then the stat nerf... not a good state on PTR ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fave View Post
    damn it, I just rerolled to resto and now they are nerfing the fuck out of resto shaman. God please let this not be real. First the Healing Chain nerf then the stat nerf... not a good state on PTR ...
    Reducing Chain Heal... *one* spell... from 400% to 380% is "nerfing the fuck out of resto shaman?" Are you on drugs? Just go back to whatever class you were before. We don't want you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Reducing Chain Heal... *one* spell... from 400% to 380% is "nerfing the fuck out of resto shaman?" Are you on drugs? Just go back to whatever class you were before. We don't want you here.
    Well it might have been an exageration, but "we" also don't want people downplaying this nerf here (see what I did there).
    A 5% reduction in the power of chainheal which currently does about 40% of our output (since it also is technically part of your cloudburst and ancestral guidance) is not negligeble.

It just feels weird to reduce the effectiveness of a spell we first have to buff with artifact traits and two talents (although the Unleash Life talent might not be required) to make good use of. Would understand it if they make this change and make High Tide baseline and give us a choice with the lvl 100 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageless View Post
    Well it might have been an exageration, but "we" also don't want people downplaying this nerf here (see what I did there).
    A 5% reduction in the power of chainheal which currently does about 40% of our output (since it also is technically part of your cloudburst and ancestral guidance) is not negligeble.
    A 5% nerf on something that does 40% of your output would make it now do 38% of your output. And if they're buffing other spells that contribute to the other 60% anyway, it sounds rather negligible to me.

Deleted
    you think that is alot?? check paladin logs my friend they crit 1mil and they dont need target to be at 50% hp

Holy fuck what a bunch of crying that's going on here. Hahaha, do you REALLY think the sky is falling because Chain Heal is getting nerfed by 5 %??? I'm just lost for words, hahahaahha. Resto shamans are THE most useful healer in the game at the moment, anyone denying this is just clueless. What matters most, progression or farm? Yes, recent parses show resto shamans below other healers - but hello, are you new to resto? I'll give you a hint: resto's mastery breaks progression fights and makes resto shaman irreplaceable. Oh well, cry about the fact that you can't win healing meters during farm. Jesus fucking christ the stuff people can complain and cry about.

From doing a little looking into this, am I correct in saying the only changes so far are the 5% nerf to CH and a 17% buff to HST (20% to Queen's Decree)? I used those and did some basic calculations on my own healing for the last several raids in H EN and N TOV, and found that actually was a net wash, or even a slight (<1%) increase for some of the raids. YMMV based on your spell mix and playstyle I guess. I think I'd rather see an increase to HW's coefficient than HST's, but can't have everything I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I don't know much about resto, just a bear casually wandering around the forums.

But I've done a lot of m+ as tank, and resto shammies consistently have the most difficulty healing me other than disc - I know I have to be on my toes when one is there (easiest: hpally and Druid). It sounds like the intent of these changes might be to redistribute some of that chain healing to other spells so that shammies can actually single target heal, which would be a good thing because that's where you guys are weak.

And it's a 5% nerf, not the end of the world.
    As a shaman that heals a ton of mythic + all i can say is you have probably been with shaman who are doing it wrong or you are expecting to be sitting topped off 100% of the time which just isnt efficient. Only time chain heal gets used is when there is downtime. I use a Riptide --> H Surge build that can handle any plus situation. At 875 my riptide can crit for 800k and surges for over a million health and i typically am DPSing, interrupting, purging, stunning while the tank widdles down, riptide, surge surge and im back to DPSing. Once you know the spike dmg in these instances the amount of healing is really ridiculously low thats necessary outside of 10+ where fort can cause some trashpacks to be tougher and Tyrannical cause some boss abilities to hit like a truck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I don't know much about resto, just a bear casually wandering around the forums.

But I've done a lot of m+ as tank, and resto shammies consistently have the most difficulty healing me other than disc - I know I have to be on my toes when one is there
    Oddly enough, bears are my favorite thing to heal due to ease.

In terms of crits, I think my max at this point is 1.9m (Undulation is a wonderful thing)

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Oddly enough, bears are my favorite thing to heal due to ease.

In terms of crits, I think my max at this point is 1.9m (Undulation is a wonderful thing)
    Because our mastery goes PERFECTLY with bear tanks. I highly doubt that individual is doing any relative content if has to "be on his toes" with specific healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
    Holy crap, those charts show that the healers are remarkably balanced. Is this thread a joke?

My god... apparently I forgot why I quit this game for two years.

Yeah the logs are the new Bible of the WoW community. Everyone is a "high end mythic" raider and yet most of them actually aren't, some are even LFR heroes just caring about toping the meters for the sake of it. Everyone cherry picks logs without even reading them correctly and just jump to conclusion "oh my gud my HPS is lower than the druid/paladin how is that possible :nerdrage: "

If you want to enjoy the game and actually become good at your class/spec, people should avoid reading forums because the amount of BS and misinformation and circlejerk "we are trash whine whine" is astounding. I can't find a single class forum where its not all about doomsaying and pretending to be trash. Every single class community is the same BS. Thank god forum lurkers are just a tiny minority of the game community.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as a healer if you think that total HPS is the only thing that matters then you are a pretty terrible healer and should return to your dps mindset.

Top HPS is about as much relevant as top dps in alterac valley
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-12-06 at 09:48 AM.

Resto Shaman being bottom (not including disc) of that WCL link shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Most guilds have moved from progression to farm now. The resto shaman mastery has always been amazing on progress and terrible on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    People will cry imbalance no matter how small the margin is. Everyone could do the exact same HPS and people will only see that shaman is terrible and druids are OP because the list is alphabetically sorted;

Druid - Restoration
    Monk - Mistweaver
    Paladin - Holy
    Priest - Discipline
    Priest - Holy
    Shaman - Restoration
    Did you do any MC in this expansion as shaman resto?? No?? I tough so ... Shamans are good at stack ... That should explain you everything .

Quote Originally Posted by Eluvyel View Post
    Are we playing the same class? UL has an amazing synergy with Jonat's Focus and a CH build. Unless you dont enjoy throwing ginormous CHs every 15 seconds
    No we are not playing the same spec... I do not have Jonats Focus... The idea that a broken legendary is what makes a certain talent useful is just... Interesting...

All the people saying we're awesome because we have the best mastery...lul:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=80&metric=hps
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=80&metric=hps

I don't get all the love for healer balance. And don't get me started on mythic pluses...where druids are king by a mile.