Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

So has the numbers been crunched, will Nemesis topple Momentum?

If so, cheers to you snotty whiners.
    Why on earth would you pick the mobile class to play, rather than one of the other gazillion melees where the only difference between them is in what sequence you push 1-4-3-2-2-1 and the animation and spell effects of your abilities.
    DH had their own thing going, zipping about and what-not, not to mention that I know at least in my current guild Momentum will not be allowed would said changes going through,
    If the raid leader can have the DHs stand still (causing less issue on multiple fights) as well as doing more damage that way? Yeah Momentum wont happen.

You still need to use Fel Rush on CD even without Momentum or Fel Mastery. You do drop VR from your rotation, yes. The skill requirement is massively lowered though because the constant pooling/spending element of gameplay is gone and with Nemesis all you need to do is ensure that FR charges don't cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    You still need to use Fel Rush on CD even without Momentum or Fel Mastery. You do drop VR from your rotation, yes. The skill requirement is massively lowered though because the constant pooling/spending element of gameplay is gone and with Nemesis all you need to do is ensure that FR charges don't cap.
    Ah fuck me.
    I know it's so cringey and drama-queenesque but I'm really not feeling my DH should these changes go through, Momentum's what makes Havoc interesting.

The only thing that differs a good and bad DH is the usage of FR and momentum up time. With nemesis any braindead ppl can play to it's max potential because there's no skill, no rotations, nothing. you just throw all of your cds while nemesis is on the boss.

Well played Blizzard, you seriously fucking listened to ppl who complaining about momentum build and nerfed it. how little did they know, Dh is not demon hunter anymore without momentum. it'd just be another boring melee class that we already have plenty.

Being a mobile class has nothing to do with rotations. Should Monks have to roll and backflip all over the place because they're highly mobile? You see how this logic literally makes no sense?

People play a class for the fantasy of it. I want to beat people up while turning into a demon. I don't want to rush around and do a lot more work than most other melee classes while doing less damage in the process. That's not fun in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    Being a mobile class has nothing to do with rotations. Should Monks have to roll and backflip all over the place because they're highly mobile? You see how this logic literally makes no sense?

People play a class for the fantasy of it. I want to beat people up while turning into a demon. I don't want to rush around and do a lot more work than most other melee classes while doing less damage in the process. That's not fun in the slightest.
    Then play monk. Demon Hunter was designed with Fel Rush as a damaging ability. It's not just there for mobility. If you don't like it you should probably reroll because you're going to be using it even without Momentum.

Momentum and Nemesis have a 50% uptime (Momentum slightly more), while Momentum can be timed to only work on hart hitting skills, Nemenis can not.
    Momentum can be used for burst AoE, Nemesis can not. Nemesis only works on AoE when you kill an enemy with the same type as every other enemies.

With the 5% increase on Nemesis it will be more likely to use it somewhere, but there will be enough situtations where Momentum is better.
    And you need a whole minute for it on a target or be able to kill this target to have the full uptime from it.

If Nemesis would be theoretically better, i would use it only on:
    Nythendra (non mythic)
    Ursoc (non mythic)
    Cenarius (with burst tactic)
    Guarm

7+ Year Old Account
    Current numbers on PTR have Nemesis over Momentum on ST only, and the numbers tuning pass hasn't happened yet.

So, in one specific situation before the numbers are final, sure, and that means basically nothing.
    disco inferno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Betz17 View Post
    Then play monk. Demon Hunter was designed with Fel Rush as a damaging ability. It's not just there for mobility. If you don't like it you should probably reroll because you're going to be using it even without Momentum.

There's a big difference between having to not cap FR charges, which even if you fail by a few moments is a low dps loss.
    And having to use FR/VR before using any kind of heavy hitting abilities. Which is the main drawback of momo and why a lot of people dislike it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realmerc View Post
    The only thing that differs a good and bad DH is the usage of FR and momentum up time. With nemesis any braindead ppl can play to it's max potential because there's no skill, no rotations, nothing. you just throw all of your cds while nemesis is on the boss.

Well played Blizzard, you seriously fucking listened to ppl who complaining about momentum build and nerfed it. how little did they know, Dh is not demon hunter anymore without momentum. it'd just be another boring melee class that we already have plenty.
    Yup, Blizzard tends to listen to people who are clueless. Probably the reason why LFR is still a thing to this day :>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post

There are plenty of other Classes that offer brain dead gameplay; some people acturally like when the hardest talent give the most reward. Every other aspect of DH is really easy but this talent alone is class defining. If you don't think moving around is fun then there is a braindead talent called Nemesis for you to pick instead. Stop asking Blizzard to ruin our class.

I really don't care. Nemesis should NEVER be better than Momentum in ANY situation. If that happens 'cause the average DH fotm player can't handle momentum, well, I guess they're fine doing less DPS.

The fantasy of the DH is the fast, agile, hard hitting melee class. Not only the hurr durr demon. Let me remind you Illidan was NOT a demon until he got Guldan's skull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Fairly sure Fel Rush isn't a single target gain if you don't have Fel Mastery or Momentum, unless something has changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I really don't care. Nemesis should NEVER be better than Momentum in ANY situation. If that happens 'cause the average DH fotm player can't handle momentum, well, I guess they're fine doing less DPS.

The fantasy of the DH is the fast, agile, hard hitting melee class. Not only the hurr durr demon. Let me remind you Illidan was NOT a demon until he got Guldan's skull.
    Yup. Git Gud and stop complainting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Momentum and Nemesis have a 50% uptime (Momentum slightly more), while Momentum can be timed to only work on hart hitting skills, Nemenis can not.
    Momentum can be used for burst AoE, Nemesis can not. Nemesis only works on AoE when you kill an enemy with the same type as every other enemies.

With the 5% increase on Nemesis it will be more likely to use it somewhere, but there will be enough situtations where Momentum is better.
    And you need a whole minute for it on a target or be able to kill this target to have the full uptime from it.

If Nemesis would be theoretically better, i would use it only on:
    Nythendra (non mythic)
    Ursoc (non mythic)
    Cenarius (with burst tactic)
    Guarm
    Momentum can have up to around 65-70%~ uptime when used properly with Blur resets, and Nemesis has at least 50% uptime, but can have it much higher if the fight ends at certain times.

I like Fel Eruption =/

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Momentum is a clunky DPS mechanic for most fights.
    I've never seen anyone give a good reason why Momentum should be top damage other than "MUH SKILL CAP!".

If people want to backflip all over the place so be it, but wanting a Class to require it to do the "best" DPS is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I've never seen anyone give a good reason why Momentum should be top damage other than "MUH SKILL CAP!".

If people want to backflip all over the place so be it, but wanting a Class to require it to do the "best" DPS is just silly.
    How is Momentum clunky? Don't just throw out buzzwords. You pool your fury, use VR or FR, hit chaos strike a few times. What about this is clunky?

Yeah, I rather stay still spamming one skill and be top doing that, lmao.

What would you want without Momo? DB, Nemesis? Ok, generate that fury and use it in CS, without moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Fairly sure Fel Rush isn't a single target gain if you don't have Fel Mastery or Momentum, unless something has changed.

(this is one of Kib's sims)

It is definitely a single target gain. Not sure why Momentum is equated with movement among demon hunters >>
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2016-11-19 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted

So you want people to play a harder part of the class and get less results? Brilliant. How about you put in some effort instead of whining about a perfectly fine talent, LOL. For that talent row there are 3 Options; Momentum, a perfectly fine way to reward effort, Fel Eruption; The ultimate Noob Trap, and Nemesis; an alternative to lazy people (like yourself) that complaint about a slight bit of challenge within gameplay.
    I bet you are one of those people who complaint about Mythic raiders getting unique mounts too?