Thread: Plz inform me

10+ Year Old Account

Plz inform me

So I could be wrong but I thought there was a system that made pvp equal regardless of ilvl. I just lvled my 4th 110 and ive noticed that when all my characters were fresh 110's or at least under 840 ilvl, they could literally be 2 shotted in arenas and I am facing that problem yet again with my pally. W hats the deal? Am I misinformed about something?
    Semper Fi

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well item level does still give you an advantage, I think at 880 its around 11-12% extra to the pvp template. If you add that together with the artefact traits its probably quite a difference.

Deleted
    the artifact ranks give you tons of stamina and gear helps too

the cake's a lie I'm afraid

The gear doesn't really matter, but the honor talents and artifact power definitely helps.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

It used to be that the gap was all gear [about +10%] .. about 10% is complete ownage .. Now the gap is from Gear+Artifact Talents+PvP Talents and it feels well over +10%.

They flat out lied to the player base .. The way they said it made all of us expect equal character strength inside instanced PvP for all regardless of talents or gear ...

You see they said gear gap will be greatly diminished at a time all we knew was gear .. If they had said gear gap will be diminished and by the way we will introduce Artifact Talents and PvP talents which play a considerable part in character strength at take months to achieve then that would have been honest.
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-11-20 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero View Post
    Well item level does still give you an advantage, I think at 880 its around 11-12% extra to the pvp template. If you add that together with the artefact traits its probably quite a difference.
    why do people actually keep propagating this rumor. Its simply not true. I have an 870 ret on alliance and 820 (at the time) alt ret on horde. I took a screenshot of the stat template while in arena in both and compared the strength, stam, secondary stat value and it was more or less a ~5% stat difference. The stat difference is as blizzard have always said it is, the difference between an 800 ilvl player and 880 ilvl player is an 8% stat difference.

Now artifact traits is an entirely different story. A player with 30 trait weapon will have a significant advantage over someone with a 5 trait weapon. In 2-3 months when everyone has rank 20 knowledge no one is actually going to give a shit anymore when you can nuke an artifact to trait 30 in a day or two.

@ The OP, a 4% stat difference isn't the reason why you're getting one shot, its a you problem

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MintChocCip View Post
    why do people actually keep propagating this rumor.
    Because when i do pvp on my 883 shaman it says my stats are being increased by 13% because of my itemlevel ? Its not a rumor its a game mechanic.

It's mostly health that is still very discrepant. It's not as big of a difference as it was before Legion, but it was not that big to begin with.

Deleted
    Blizzard said that the PvP scaling would start at ilvl 800 and that 10 item levels would be about 1% stats. Thus, 883 ilvl = 13% stat increase sounds about right. With artifact traits we are probably looking at around 20-25% difference. On top of that comes the traits and talents that are not raw number increases but grant utility.

However, at least my personal feeling is that it is still WAY better than the old system. I think when you startet out as a fresh max level in greens in WoD the difference in stats would be more like 50-70% compared to the max ilvl players.

Additionally I think they will raise the floor in the following seasons. So in season 2 you can expect that the scaling starts at 850 ilvl or something like that which makes sure that the gap does not increase with each season.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero View Post
    Because when i do pvp on my 883 shaman it says my stats are being increased by 13% because of my itemlevel ? Its not a rumor its a game mechanic.
    Yo stop flinging arbitrary fucking numbers everywhere and pick one. You keep changing numbers every time you post. 10 ilvl = 1%, 1 ilvl = 0.1%. 883 would be an 8.3% stat increase compared to being 800 ilvl. lmao. Where are you geting 13% item level increase from? Source? pics? help me understand your logic? Please don't tell me you're actually talking about unique spec templates because thats entirely different. If we're comparing different specs, the only advantage one player gets over another from ilvl is that an 880 player will have an 8% stat increase advantage over an 800 ilvl player.
    Last edited by MintChocCip; 2016-11-21 at 07:48 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MintChocCip View Post
    Yo stop flinging arbitrary fucking numbers everywhere and pick one. You keep changing numbers every time you post. 10 ilvl = 1%, 1 ilvl = 0.1%. 883 would be an 8.3% stat increase compared to being 800 ilvl. lmao. Where are you geting 13% item level increase from? Source? pics? help me understand your logic? Please don't tell me you're actually talking about unique spec templates because thats entirely different. If we're comparing different specs, the only advantage one player gets over another from ilvl is that an 880 player will have an 8% stat increase advantage over an 800 ilvl player.
    First why the hell are you so damn angry? Calm down.

Second i honestly dont know the exact number. I will make a screenshot just for you, so you can relax. Its roughly 10% for my itemlevel though + the artefact traits which makes quite a difference.

EDIT: Ok its 8%, you were right. Still 8% + high artefact traits = massive difference.
    Last edited by TripleZero; 2016-11-22 at 04:35 AM.

also may i point out some specs like Enh/FDK/WW/Ret can pretty much 2-3 shot ppl with GOOD gear and 50 honor level, if get proper set up/procs. So yes ilvl does not mean much in arena, but if you are facing a dps who has AP @ 30+ gets a set up on you/procs and you dont pop D-cds, well then ya, you will die under 4-5 seconds.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-11-22 at 04:19 AM.