Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    Do you genuinley believe the value of someone's opinion is tied to their postcount on a forum? Excuse me while i go shitpost in Offtopic or General some more to inflate my post count so that I have credibility.

I've been floating around and involved with ferals for quite some time since around the latter half of MoP, though I haven't been quite as vocal on forums about it until recently. IN part because at the time the only discussion was the circlejerk about being sad that snapshotting going away, but simeltaneously agreeing that it was toxic for the health of the game, but also mostly because at the time I was on the other end of the stick, the one refusing to run the correct talents because I was scared by the prospect of using them and doing poorly over the easier ones. I was the one asking for help with log analasys etc trying to improve, and you know what it payed off, I learned, and improved, within about a month it became second nature and started parsing amongst the top 50 or so ferals, since then its been onwards and upwards and I will genuinley help anyone to the best of my ability that wants it.

This guy doesn't, he wants to blame the class for his performance and that's something I cannot stand for.

Sorry to say but most competetive games, (take a look at mobas) do not balance around play at the lowest level.
    You think you're above everyone else? and there has been a lot of balance because of low tier gameplay, on league anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Which encounters are you playing?

If Ashmane's bite wasn't cancer RNG to performance ranking I'd maybe still be playing feral.
    I hate that I have to be ~that guy that links their own logs and shoves them in someones face. Discounting ilgy and dragons because padding / portal duty respectively. Alternatively you can take a look at Robosaurus who did even better, with far worse legendaries. Do you genuinely believe that somehow we both have godlike rng every single week ? Or could it perhaps be that feral is actually one of the most consistent classes in the game dps wise and the level of RNG is so small that it won't help you unless you are already in a position to get high parses. Looking closer at nythendra I've had some weeks where it contributed 15% of my damge and some where it barley even did 6%, typically it tends to average around 10%-12% with the occasional large swing. But it's still hardly large enough to have a dramatic impact on your ranking, if you want to see an RNG clownfiesta take a look at warrior / enhance rankings.

In order - Nythendra Elen'rethe Ursoc Cenarius Xavius

Quote Originally Posted by kickne1 View Post
    Lol at the aoe being the best its ever been. Its no where near what it was in WotLK. I didnt play Cata/MoP/WoD so maybe it nosedived in those xpacs, but this 'AoE' is shit tier relative to others compared to what it was in WotLK also relative to others. The discrepancy between our aoe and, say, a fire mages or marksman hunter is far larger than the discrepancy between our ST damage and the single target dmg of those same classes.
    Perhaps I misphrased, best it's been in recent memory. The discrepancy however really is not as large as you think, they don't come close on the bosses and feral genuinley isn't that far behind them on aoe where we're also capable of bursting in the ~2mdps+ range on trash on larger pulls. Predator is love, Predator is Life. I appreciate that we're far from the best class for m+ etc but it's noway near as bad as most are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibb View Post
    You think you're above everyone else? and there has been a lot of balance because of low tier gameplay, on league anyway.
    No i think that someone trying to discredit my opinion based on my postcount is asanine. There are plenty of ferals that I look up to, Robo, Guilty, Yriss, Xanazara, Moonbunnie, Izem to name but a few. I don't believe you need to be a top tier player with high parses to understand the class or have a valid opinion on it's viability / performance.

However to use the league analogy there are plenty of times things have been nerfed because they were broken in diamond+ but had no impact lower down the ladder because the players were unable to exploit the broken mechanics or hero to that extent. Though there are also a large number of times where something has been broken across the board. I havent played the game myself in years so I don't have any particular examples to mind right now.
    Last edited by Zanzha; 2016-12-20 at 11:36 AM.
    Feral Meme machine

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Which encounters are you playing?

If Ashmane's bite wasn't cancer RNG to performance ranking I'd maybe still be playing feral.
    And yet Feral is still one of the most consistent specs in the game, AB RNG makes a difference at the very top ranks, not from pull to pull(unless you get completely fucked without a single proc, which is very rare)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post

The option is still there, in a lot of circumstances SR isn't even the best talent to run for m+ unless your able to properly abuse predator in which case it's uptime becomes a non issue due to the near infinite energy you have. SoTf is only around a 8% dps loss on single target, sure a loss, but no one that will haemorrhage your viability, if anything it will just move you from top of the pile to middle of the pack. (unless you aren't already in that position with SR, which again returns to the numbers not being the fault of the specc) Sounds like you should play balance offspecc or a different hybrid then if your expecting to get good results out of feral with minimal effort / time investment, because that's not how the specc has worked for quite some time.

The game play is some of the best we've had it, we are no way near as energy starved as WoD, our aoe is the best it's ever been, and our single target is almost unmatched. And yet somehow now is when everyone is deciding to complain.
    Just no. We are barely over middle of pack even in full single target:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=90
    That is Guam results which afaik is close to perfect fight for ferals.

In mythic+ we are close to worst class/spec you can bring in to run. Only really good for some specific cases like if group needs extra taunt for necrotic boss.
    Your +15 DHT 3 feral run did show exactly how bad feral is: before that there was doubt that maybe feral can be good with right legendaries and with skilled player piloting. But when some of best feral players with close to 890 gear and bis legendaries do same overall dps over dungeon as most other classes do at 880-885 item level, it tells lot just how bad we are in m+.

Serenity published around same time video of them doing that same DHT dungeon at +20 difficulty so its pretty easy to compare runs. Difference between +15 and +20 is what, 40% more hitpoints? You had tyrannical, serenity run had fortified. So comparing those two runs, bosses had about equivalent hitpoints, trash mobs in serenity's run have like ~50% more health. Both groups about equivalent geared. Both groups did dungeon in about same time.

How to possibly fix feral trash dps and also give bit of needed boost at raid bosses:
    Make AB proc automatically for first Rip put on new pve target (maybe with hidden 60 sec cd to prevent abuse, no proc if target has had Rip active any time during last 60 seconds).

This would give faster ramp up burst on trash while still keeping bleed class mentality. Also would fix problem where spreading dots around trash mobs make it clumsy to proc AB on already running Rip, one should use combo point generators on target with already running Rip but at a same time one should spread Rakes to other targets which cannot proc AB.

Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    Just no. We are barely over middle of pack even in full single target:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=90
    That is Guam results which afaik is close to perfect fight for ferals.

In mythic+ we are close to worst class/spec you can bring in to run. Only really good for some specific cases like if group needs extra taunt for necrotic boss.
    Your +15 DHT 3 feral run did show exactly how bad feral is: before that there was doubt that maybe feral can be good with right legendaries and with skilled player piloting. But when some of best feral players with close to 890 gear and bis legendaries do same overall dps over dungeon as most other classes do at 880-885 item level, it tells lot just how bad we are in m+.

Serenity published around same time video of them doing that same DHT dungeon at +20 difficulty so its pretty easy to compare runs. Difference between +15 and +20 is what, 40% more hitpoints? You had tyrannical, serenity run had fortified. So comparing those two runs, bosses had about equivalent hitpoints, trash mobs in serenity's run have like ~50% more health. Both groups about equivalent geared. Both groups did dungeon in about same time.

How to possibly fix feral trash dps and also give bit of needed boost at raid bosses:
    Make AB proc automatically for first Rip put on new pve target (maybe with hidden 60 sec cd to prevent abuse, no proc if target has had Rip active any time during last 60 seconds).

This would give faster ramp up burst on trash while still keeping bleed class mentality. Also would fix problem where spreading dots around trash mobs make it clumsy to proc AB on already running Rip, one should use combo point generators on target with already running Rip but at a same time one should spread Rakes to other targets which cannot proc AB.
    Percentiles for ferals are heavilly skewed by the low number of parses and are pretty meaningless. The class isn't particularly common even at the higher ends of raiding not because of the performance, but the time investment it requires when you have to maintain 5+ characters over something like a rogue that brings more to the raid than just damage which for the most part you can just pick up and play.

You neglect to mention the other two affixes wit the serenity run, not having bolstering makes a huge difference in the pulls you can do, overflowing volcanic has zero impact on how fast you can complete the run compared to bolstering, which not only forces you into smaller pulls, but completley negates things like taking trash with the boss, not that thats particularly relevant in DHT.

Nobody ever said that if you are going to push for bleeding edge world first m+ stuff that you are going to stack ferals and that they are the best class, or take an even slightly suboptimal setup, taking something like that as a comparison is laughable. Fortified weeks also make failing a run near impossible because bosses can't become a roadblock, take xavius and his shadowbolts for instance in this case which we barely survived through 50% DR's.

The aim was never to say hey look feral is the best, and more that there is no reason to feel like the specc is gating content away from you.

About proccing AB on aoe, swipe exists and is capable of proccing it on all targets hit. We do not need any significant buffs to single target, the brutal slash change is looking good for our aoe.

We don't so much struggle from ramping up as much as we do from loosing momentum when trash isn't dying fast enough to feed resets.
    Last edited by Zanzha; 2016-12-20 at 02:42 PM.
    Feral Meme machine

Some disingenuous posts here, the RNG of Ashamanes Bite is the most frequent complaint I saw in Feral Discord.

In regards to the OP the biggest thing they could do to smooth out the gameplay would be lengthen the duration of SR but I have not seen any changes along that line.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Some disingenuous posts here, the RNG of Ashamanes Bite is the most frequent complaint I saw in Feral Discord.

In regards to the OP the biggest thing they could do to smooth out the gameplay would be lengthen the duration of SR but I have not seen any changes along that line.
    Yes, some people complain about AB's RNG. That does not make them right. If AB was a giant RNG fiesta that massively influenced your DPS, it wouldn't be possible for people like Zanzha, Xanzara, Robo, Guilty(on the bosses he gets to Feral) etc to consistently rank as high as they do. People just like to complain about RNG(or other external factors) instead of getting better.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

What Tradu said, also I actually wierdly find myself agreeing with tedda for once on the longer SR if it really becomes a problem that blizzard want to look at I would much rather return to a longer duration SR than see it go, the only concern would be that it would further increase its power as a talent choice over the alternatives, and would probably result in it becoming baseline again (which i personally wouldn't mind)

Alternativley a way to procc it coming out of stealth like wod or castable on 0cp like MoP would be a nice QoL / numbers buff to it.
    Feral Meme machine