Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    pvp is not fun anymore since pve offers the best gear for less work

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    Not only that but Blizz didn't bother to create new rewards/titles/achieves or new instances for PvP, just a few new mounts for the 40/100 achieve and 2 arenas. Instead it's endless RNG now to keep people chasing and only a few in the top 15% or so will ever get the best gear and rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post

PvP is not really gear-gated anymore,
    Yeah, you keep telling yourself that and maybe one day you'll actually believe it.

try pvping as a warlock or warrior and then come back and say its fun
    LoL? Aflli was and will allways be fun, wiping a bunch of people while dancing in the moonlight. And did you play against any comp with an Arms-Warri in 3v3/2v2?...thats not fun actually

The point of pvp is the competition and rankings, not getting gear.

Deleted

So you just play content for the destination not the journey? That way of playing will always alienate you.

If you don't have fun doing pvp without gear then it means you are not having fun doing pvp at all then and you are only happy when you get the reward. Thats pretty dumb

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Try understanding that this topic isnt about specific classes or specs and about the ''fun'' of pvp in general.

OT: Why do most people need that carrot on a stick in front of them to enjoy something in this game? Like a few other posters above me said, do you not enjoy the game or pvp? Do you need that carrot in order to justify forcing yourself to play the game? If so, the issue at hand might be a bit deeper than the state of pvp in the game.

Remove gear from the game and 99% players leave the game and say "it sucks!!"

People seem to think that this is okay for MMOs but its not. Its a very bad signal for a game if people actually don't enjoy the game in itself but just the shiny reward. It means that even some facebook game could offer the same level of "entertainment" than WoW or other MMOs.

Deleted
    the point of pvp is the same as every pvp game , become a better player and show you are better than others. is all about achieving high rating . if you werent a carebear you would know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    The thing is, pvpers in WoW do not seek competition, they are not the same type you see in other online games. What they want here is winning not having competition. Winning (crushing green gear noobs or Wpvp) or/and having easy loot because they have in fact the mindset of PVE players deep within but just too lazy to join a mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Xardazz View Post
    Motivation in rated PvP always was related to some exclusive reward, a thing to aspire to. 1800 rating used to give you access to pvp weapon. 2200 gave you shoulders. The struggle was real, and you knew what you were fighting for. You had the gear sellers in front of you, offering motivation. Now, this.
    1600 - 1799 860 Gladiator
    1800 - 1999 865 Gladiator
    2000 - 2199 870 Elite
    2200 - 2399 875 Elite
    2400+ 880 Elite
    You easily get 870 gear from mythics, NM EN, hell even some lucky world quests. and you need 2k-2199 rating for that awful gear. 875 gear, easily obtained pugging HM EN. Ok we all know blizzard kinda parked PvP on a side this beginning of expansion, but cmon really. I'm realising I feel foolish for even attempting to reach let's say 2k rating, when I'll laugh at the rewards, a whole bunch of useless epics. Am I overlooking something?
    The only reason i'm doing rated pvp in Legion is for the elite transmog set but even there blizzard managed to screw things up since it's all RNG based. So even if you're 2k-2.2+ rating you still have to fight the RNG system that's in place and HOPE you complete the set before the season is over. Other than that no there is no point to doing rated pvp anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    The point of PVP has and always will be to get better at PVP.
    hard to get better at pvp when they fuck certain classes over like warrior and warlock, and rated pvp you wont even get a group as a warrior so you have to rely on casual pvp

7+ Year Old Account
    At the moment the reward just doesn't feel worth it. And this is one reason I really enjoyed gearing up in PvP compared to PvE before: You could pick whatever piece you wanted as a reward, if you had enough honor or conquest.

Now it's like PvE: Rolls. Enjoy trying to replace that worst item of yours!

Deleted
    it's all about bragging rights m8

15+ Year Old Account
    hard to get better at pvp when they fuck certain classes over like warrior and warlock, and rated pvp you wont even get a group as a warrior so you have to rely on casual pvp
    Warlocks are the 5th most represented class at 2500+ ratings, and warriors are still ahead of rogues and DHs.

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...r=3v3&faction=
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    All of the specs you mentioned are pretty good right now
    This post doesn't make sense..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Pre Legion people could get pvp gear and still do decent in a dungeon or 2 if you wanted to do that.

Now people do Mthics whole day and maybe 1 or 2 bg's even if it's not their main thing they did before.

I am 1 of them. The system blows m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Moai View Post
    the point of pvp is the same as every pvp game , become a better player and show you are better than others. is all about achieving high rating . if you werent a carebear you would know.
    Actually no, I am glad and I care only about elite xmog set skins not my title or pwning nubs, this is MMO hence progression and gear is core and back bone of the game not showing off skills in equal match, cuz that's called chess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    The only reason i'm doing rated pvp in Legion is for the elite transmog set but even there blizzard managed to screw things up since it's all RNG based. So even if you're 2k-2.2+ rating you still have to fight the RNG system that's in place and HOPE you complete the set before the season is over. Other than that no there is no point to doing rated pvp anymore.
    100 agree mate

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This post doesn't make sense..

- - - Updated - - -

Pre Legion people could get pvp gear and still do decent in a dungeon or 2 if you wanted to do that.

Now people do Mthics whole day and maybe 1 or 2 bg's even if it's not their main thing they did before.

I am 1 of them. The system blows m8.
    Pretty much. No point in doing pvp anymore when you can just spam mythic+ all day and get your alts geared in a day lol

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same motivation it has always been: To win and be the best =p

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    The same motivation it has always been: To win and be the best =p
    You realize that this motivation turns PvP in to a Ponzi scheme, right? Since by mathematical inevitability only a tiny minority can feel they are "the best".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You realize that this motivation turns PvP in to a Ponzi scheme, right? Since by mathematical inevitability only a tiny minority can feel they are "the best".
    Its called "competition" something WoW is not very good at...

People find fun in games for whatever reason, some of you wanting pvp gear might want it at the expense of others. Either way, pvp in WoW is a mess with or without gear. But since pvp players are not competitive and just gear grinders, they overlook that and just care about the shitty reward at the end like a damn lab mouse would do.

Deleted
    it's good for people that only play PvP and are pretty good, but for me a person who would like to do both PvP and PvE, PvP is a waste of time. (I still do it for fun if I feel like it though)

It is definitively very hard to get good gear from PvP compared to WorldQuest/PvE.

Still doesn't matter because the way PvP is handled in LEGION feels horrible. On first thought it seems the right choice, but somehow PvP feels soulless in LEGION and playing a caster is absolutely zero fun.