7+ Year Old Account

Make Ice Fury great again

Hello, this is another thread “I have an idea”. And yes, I have an idea, how to rework our talent Ice Fury.
    I don’t like this talent, as well as many, but somebody likes it. And I intrigued by the talent, which empower our shock spells. I have thought a lot of time on how to make this talent flexible and interesting to use.

Fury of the Elements
    Fury of the elements flows in shaman and empower next 4 shock spell.
    Earth Shock
    Decrease earth shock MS cost by 75%. (ES for 25 MS make damage as ES for 100 MS)
    Fire Shock
    Increase fire shock duration by 100%.
    Frost Shock
    Increase frost shock damage by 400%. (Ideally, if frost shock would make comparable damage with earth shock for 100 MS)

I think this version of the talent would be more flexible and interesting to use in mane fights. And it would good work in PvP and PvE.

What problem are you expecting to fix with this change? The fact that Ice Fury is bad?

The problem with Ice Fury is that it's supposed to help you during movement, but it's a DPS loss to wait for movement before using it. Especially in fights where the movement affects random players only. Your proposed changes make Earth Shock extremely overpowered when used with the legendary boots. You can end up casting super many earth shocks in a row, which deal significant damage and even stuns in PvP.

In world PvP, it would allow you to waste any non-tank class in 2-4 GCDs - while running.

Flame shock duration is already fine after empowering it with maelstrom. Having it last over a minute makes little difference to our mobility. Maybe have it tick faster for a few seconds, proccing more instant lava bursts?

Frost shock I feel they should just remove entirely in its current form. It has no place outside pvp, and could easily be converted to some honor talent instead. We have 0 artifact traits buffing frost damage, and I think we only have it in order to be "elemental masters". Rename it "Water Shock" and merge it with Cleanse Spirit or Purge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievr View Post
    What problem are you expecting to fix with this change? The fact that Ice Fury is bad?

The problem with Ice Fury is that it's supposed to help you during movement, but it's a DPS loss to wait for movement before using it. Especially in fights where the movement affects random players only. Your proposed changes make Earth Shock extremely overpowered when used with the legendary boots. You can end up casting super many earth shocks in a row, which deal significant damage and even stuns in PvP.

In world PvP, it would allow you to waste any non-tank class in 2-4 GCDs - while running.

Flame shock duration is already fine after empowering it with maelstrom. Having it last over a minute makes little difference to our mobility. Maybe have it tick faster for a few seconds, proccing more instant lava bursts?

Frost shock I feel they should just remove entirely in its current form. It has no place outside pvp, and could easily be converted to some honor talent instead. We have 0 artifact traits buffing frost damage, and I think we only have it in order to be "elemental masters". Rename it "Water Shock" and merge it with Cleanse Spirit or Purge.
    I think main problem of Ice Fury is complete absence artifact traits for frost shock. I try to find new vision of spell which empower all our shocks, not only one.

And I don't think Ice Fury is talent for movement situations.

In my opinion, Icefury should remove the Maelstrom cost from FrS entirely (Make the 100% Bonus Baseline) and increase the Buff Duration of Icefury to 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    In my opinion, Icefury should remove the Maelstrom cost from FrS entirely (Make the 100% Bonus Baseline) and increase the Buff Duration of Icefury to 30 seconds.
    I might actually like and use IF then.

Isn't Icefury getting some big buffs in the PTR? The spell itself does way more damage, as well as the buff to FRS. I think they may have already made it great again. I can understand if it feels weird to use properly, or time correctly.... but I guess that gets easier once u know fights better.

Yeah it's up against Ascendance and LR now so buffed to compete

How to fix it: put it in the same bin that warriors gladiator stance went into. Ascendance could go away as well, and not be missed.

Deleted
    Just remove ascendance and IF, they are not needed. Increase the lava burst proc rate baseline by a bit, and make two fun new talents.
    Higher proc rate for lava burst would make us a bit more viable on the move by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomix View Post
    Higher proc rate for lava burst would make us a bit more viable on the move by itself.
    Elemental Fusion is already a talent.

Also, RNG talents to improve movement dps are just bad, due Movement being unpredictable very often, reliability counts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomix View Post
    Just remove ascendance and IF, they are not needed. Increase the lava burst proc rate baseline by a bit, and make two fun new talents.
    Remove Ascend and IF? What? That makes no sense.... those two talents ARE fun already, why replace em? One is a good DPS CD (which elem doesn't really have baseline) and the other is a new high dmg frost based spell that mixes up the rotation, which people have been asking for forever.