Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    I still can't wrap my head around donating to something that should be paid for by taxes if such a recount is deemed necessary. But okay keep donating that money.
    Yeah, no.

States shouldn't have to pay for butthurt supporters when their accusations are baseless.

Recounts don't require rigging to deliver different results you know. And this is not unexpected in such a close result. It happened in 2000...

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No one has any evidence of tampering or rigging or anything bad.
    There's clearly evidence of "anything bad". Direct evidence of rigging, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    States shouldn't have to pay for butthurt supporters when their accusations are baseless.
    You won't know if they're baseless or not unless they actually recount them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Meh whatever floats their boats, considering how many millions the right wing milked out of the Obama being not being born in the U.S conspiracy this is peanuts.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Recounts don't require rigging to deliver different results you know. And this is not unexpected in such a close result. It happened in 2000...

There's clearly evidence of "anything bad". Direct evidence of rigging, no.

- - - Updated - - -

You won't know if they're baseless or not unless they actually recount them.
    Actually I do.

Even by their own admission, they have no evidence of foul play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so afraid of recounts? Verifications should be the norm.

Also, Wisconson should have done their own recount considering how close the race was there.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    While I'm amused by the effort, I can't help but think the money would be put to better use to start fixing the problems that caused people to vote for Trump to begin with
    There isn't enough money in the world to educate the lower educated that voted for Trump.

Money to pay the lawyers..or to pay(off) the re-counters......
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    There isn't enough money in the world to educate the lower educated that voted for Trump.
    Or the fools who sent money to Jill Stein

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Hilary doesn't even GAF about the election anymore.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Actually I do.

Even by their own admission, they have no evidence of foul play.
    No evidence =/= no existence.

But hey, if some guy on an MMO forum thinks he knows, clearly I should listen to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah, let'$ only recount the $tate$ Hillary lo$t and not do a general recount. I mean it'$ certainly not fi$hy at all.

Neither I$ her clocking 160k an hour in donation$ and fiddling with all the legale$e on her donation $ite. I gue$$ we can all $ee what the Green in Green Party $tand$ for eh?
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Does it matter what she does with this money. If people are giving it away as long as the recount takes place who cares.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with a recount. Regardless of who would have won, really. In the long run it de-incentivizes voter frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Nothing wrong with a re-count. Regardless of who would have won, really. In the long run it de-incentivizes voter frauds.
    Sure, then let's recount more than the 3 swing states. The particular focus and emphasis of her 'effort' shows this is a put up job and she's nothing more than a Clinton patsy. Let's verify literally every single vote and throw out every single illegal immigrant, dead person and multiple vote cast. We'll do that for every single election, on top of creating lists that permanently remove the dead and illegals from ever being able to vote.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Why are people so afraid of recounts? Verifications should be the norm.

Also, Wisconson should have done their own recount considering how close the race was there.
    Virginia, Nevada, Minnesota, Maine, and New Hampshire were pretty close too. Should they also be doing their own recounts or they're ok because they voted the way you wanted them to?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    There are thresholds for automatic recounts set by each state and none of these are close enough for that. These costs are basically there to leave it up to the discretion of the candidate if a recount is needed, but also to discourage frivolously demanding recounts to inhibit normal procedure.
    That's what I was thinking too, threshold not met so there shouldn't be a recount. So asking for money, especially 7 million for an unnecessary recount, seems like preying on people's vulnerabilites over a Clinton loss.

Yep, sadly some ppl think they buy a new outcome for the election for the sum of 7 million dollars.

Deleted
    Haha this is truly magnificient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It's like a bad Kickstarter scam.

Or it's the start of WWIII when we discover those sneaky Russians rigged it after all
    Highly unlikely, but if russians did rig it for Trump and Clinton actually won...That'd be interesting.

How would that be handled? I assume she'd un-concede and she'd be president elect..Would it have to go to the courts? The EV doesn't happen til december so I guess trump just would be the loser.

But that is very very unlikely, I am not even slightly hoping for that (even being a clinton supporter), I hope he won fair and square.

The fallout would be absolutely horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    While I'm amused by the effort, I can't help but think the money would be put to better use to start fixing the problems that caused people to vote for Trump to begin with
    Could fund half of the budget of my city's public schools. Maybe.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.