Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    but I do have a rather good first impression
    Hope you're using 160% vials.

68 to 70 is a killer. Like over 400 million exp.

Also, what server you on?
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-30 at 05:36 AM.

Outside of the stupid long TTK, I am rather enjoying myself going through the leveling content, just finished Scath forest and it was actually good.
    Endgame will not comment on, but I do have a rather good first impression.
    I also had a huge problem with this going into NT too, not at all helped by the fact I hit level 60 just hours before NT was actually released. My gear was way too poor to keep up with the massive health pools everything had in NT compared to SL, and getting new gear was a pain since most of the good quest rewards needed Planewalker to equip in the first place. It left me in the situation where I needed a good 45-60 seconds to kill a single mob, it wasn't remotely challenging and the chance of me dying was practically zero. It just too way longer than it should have. The situation may have been a lot different for people with fully pimped out Raid gear, but for the average first time player it's going to be a drag.

It seems they've done exactly the same with SFP too, plenty of people complaining that in some cases just regualar mobs have over 1 million HP. That's rapidly approaching the point of stupidity as far as I'm concerned. By the time the next Expansion rolls around (If there even is one...), I bet I could probably complete a crossword puzzle, do a load of laundry and have enough time left over to go to the shops to buy some milk in the time it takes to kill a single mob.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

I also had this problem with NT too. Got stuck part way into level 64 after completing, literally, every single unbugged quest in the game. I was convinced I was missing something major with the game that made up the difference in XP, like an entire zone that was on another continent or else another important story quest chain. This was as a none-patron and without using any XP vials. I had to spend ~2 ish months just doing dailies, world events and IA's to make up the XP I needed to hit 65. I wasn't the only one who had this problem though, plenty of posts about it on the Rift Forums. Which were, of course, quickly silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also off topic. You need any help with FF14 Strawberry PM me any time or hop in the Megathread. I can give you the good, the bad and the ugly of the game.
    Thanks for the offer, I may just do that. Still have about a week left on the Trial version, been considering getting myself a copy as an early Christmas pressie. Still waiting to see how the group content plays out though, I think I've just got to the point in the story quest where I've unlocked the first dungeon. Going to wait and see what it's like before making a decision on buying or not .

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

Also, what server you on?
    Nope, may buy some when i get 69 though.

Haillol I think, though I am usually constantly switching for the lolz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I also had a huge problem with this going into NT too, not at all helped by the fact I hit level 60 just hours before NT was actually released. My gear was way too poor to keep up with the massive health pools everything had in NT compared to SL, and getting new gear was a pain since most of the good quest rewards needed Planewalker to equip in the first place. It left me in the situation where I needed a good 45-60 seconds to kill a single mob, it wasn't remotely challenging and the chance of me dying was practically zero. It just too way longer than it should have. The situation may have been a lot different for people with fully pimped out Raid gear, but for the average first time player it's going to be a drag.

It seems they've done exactly the same with SFP too, plenty of people complaining that in some cases just regualar mobs have over 1 million HP. That's rapidly approaching the point of stupidity as far as I'm concerned. By the time the next Expansion rolls around (If there even is one...), I bet I could probably complete a crossword puzzle, do a load of laundry and have enough time left over to go to the shops to buy some milk in the time it takes to kill a single mob.

I also had this problem with NT too. Got stuck part way into level 64 after completing, literally, every single unbugged quest in the game. I was convinced I was missing something major with the game that made up the difference in XP, like an entire zone that was on another continent or else another important story quest chain. This was as a none-patron and without using any XP vials. I had to spend ~2 ish months just doing dailies, world events and IA's to make up the XP I needed to hit 65. I wasn't the only one who had this problem though, plenty of posts about it on the Rift Forums. Which were, of course, quickly silenced.

Thanks for the offer, I may just do that. Still have about a week left on the Trial version, been considering getting myself a copy as an early Christmas pressie. Still waiting to see how the group content plays out though, I think I've just got to the point in the story quest where I've unlocked the first dungeon. Going to wait and see what it's like before making a decision on buying or not .
    I couldnt get to 65 either, got 64, Wanted to drown myself while doing Tarken Glacier, hated my class gameplay (warrior, to boring) and overall, just stopped playing

Thank god for the 65 boost tbh...
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post

Nice to see I wasn't the only one with this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, may buy some when i get 69 though.

Haillol I think, though I am usually constantly switching for the lolz

- - - Updated - - -

I couldnt get to 65 either, got 64, Wanted to drown myself while doing Tarken Glacier, hated my class gameplay (warrior, to boring) and overall, just stopped playing

Thank god for the 65 boost tbh...
    I just find it amusing how inconvenient it is to level without XP pots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Same as you then right? Also read the entire text. He is still with them because they are a good group of friends and they are intending to move also just because 1 guy says they are not moving doesn't mean squat. If that group did not exist I imagine Wocky would not be playing Rift. All games have that. Hell I still have my small group of friends in old games like Everquest. I still have friends in Rift as well who I chat with but that list is growing thinner and thinner as they move to other games.

Also how do you know it's not a guild one of his alts are in?

- - - Updated - - -

Rift itself is not a bad game a lot of people here have said that. It's the design choices that have been made to the game over time that people are not happy with.
    same can be said of pretty much all the the mmos at this point. and yet here we are lol must be something to it.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    same can be said of pretty much all the the mmos at this point. and yet here we are lol must be something to it.
    Of course it can. A group of friends in a single MMO will a lot of the time want to stick together. Like I said I still play Everquest with people. But still the point is people are disdained and irritated with how this expansion was handled so I'm not surprised if people leave. Also if you meant my second point there is a major difference. Rift really can't afford slip ups at this point.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-30 at 03:25 PM.

Nice to see I wasn't the only one with this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I just find it amusing how inconvenient it is to level without XP pots.
    The questing itself 64-65 wasnt all that terrible in terms of speed... but, it was so damn boring, Hated NMT
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.