Unholy DK main to Enh Shaman

Well this past weekend I took out the old dusty Enh shaman to level from lvl 100...And damn is he fun! I was thinking about maining him come 7.1.5. Is there any down fall as to why I shouldn't? Single target, AOE, target switching all seem to play well together when I lvl him. Also what addons should I be using?

Thanks a lot!

Mate Shamans are awesome. Every spec is so fun. I hate casters, but gave elemental a go a few weeks ago and dam I can't stop playing it. I do love enhance though. But I main resto and well all Shaman specs are dam awesome.

Enhance excel at single target where as their AOE is average.

I can't play any other class after playing my shaman in legion. I tried lock, priest, druid and pally. I get bored so quick with them.

Shaman for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Slugman View Post
    Mate Shamans are awesome. Every spec is so fun. I hate casters, but gave elemental a go a few weeks ago and dam I can't stop playing it. I do love enhance though. But I main resto and well all Shaman specs are dam awesome.

Enhance excel at single target where as their AOE is average.

I can't play any other class after playing my shaman in legion. I tried lock, priest, druid and pally. I get bored so quick with them.

Shaman for life.
    Thank you very much for the information! Thus far I love Enh and I went from 100 to lvl 109 in one day. Resto will be my off spec I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Enhance is in a great place. It's fun, fast paced Top Tier, but bottom of the top tier so we aren't in the Nerf Cannon's crosshairs.

Spectacular single target, One of the best at target switching. Solid cleave, meh AOE though. Probably a little squishier than most other melee classes (but practically a tank compared to Havoc). Self heals and Astral Shift make raid healers like you more if you use them at proper times. Stun totem is a thing of beauty in Mythic+ content. Oh, and in PvP you are still a feared rolling ball of butcher blades (although the aforementioned squishiness does factor in to you getting burst down by multiple enemies oftentimes).

Elemental is in a tough spot at the moment, but with 7.1.5 it's looking like Ele is going to be in a great spot as well with 2 completely different and nearly equal play-styles (The Spicy meatball and the 100 Button) both helping their single target and raid viability along with keeping them Mythic plus earthquake delivering monsters.

Resto... I don't heal. Got nothing to say from my own experience... but I have heard good things.

Biggest downside with Enhance is that you can go from doing average DPS to doing insane DPS depending on how many procs you get etc.

So lets say with your gear you are averaging 400k DPS then out of nowhere you will do 475k with the same gear and everything so it can be a bit annoying because you want to do 475k always but realistically you are still doing great DPS anyway just a difference between great and insane.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Biggest downside with Enhance is that you can go from doing average DPS to doing insane DPS depending on how many procs you get etc.

So lets say with your gear you are averaging 400k DPS then out of nowhere you will do 475k with the same gear and everything so it can be a bit annoying because you want to do 475k always but realistically you are still doing great DPS anyway just a difference between great and insane.
    Very true. When I did my test-run with my new guild, I had a very lucky night of just proccing like a madman and blowing things up and easily topping meters. I had to tell them not to expect that all the time.

I still am almost always in the top 3 and usually #1 on pure single target bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Very true. When I did my test-run with my new guild, I had a very lucky night of just proccing like a madman and blowing things up and easily topping meters. I had to tell them not to expect that all the time.

I still am almost always in the top 3 and usually #1 on pure single target bosses.
    Won me 250k gold. WW monk in my guild told me he could beat me on LFR nythendra I told him i'd put up 100k if i lose and if he loses he has to put up 250k. Keep in mind hes 35 traits 885+ MS while i'm 879 25 traits. Anyway I got endless procs during lust phase and i mean literally during the entire lust phase I had procs 24/7 and on my second pot as well so i was able to beat him by only 5k DPS but over 8m damage.

To this day he still doesn't understand how I beat him and I just love bringing it up with him because it drives him a little insane LOL

Really loving my switch to Enh. Before I played WW, Havoc, and Ret to 110 and geared to ~850 before I just got bored of them. I also did not like how Ret and Havoc have their DPS locked behind CDs and if you save them, you do shit DPS. Enh is like WW where it's more upfront but have supporting CDs for that extra "umph". Getting two legendaries in the span of a week (class ring and spec boots) kinda set this up as my main for a while as well.

What I really like, though, is not the gameplay, but the visual and sound effects of fighting. It is very satisfying, especially when you have Stormlash tendrils to several group members and are using Crash Lightning on a huge trash pack. It's toned down for others, but the spell effects on your screen are great.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    What I really like, though, is not the gameplay, but the visual and sound effects of fighting. It is very satisfying, especially when you have Stormlash tendrils to several group members and are using Crash Lightning on a huge trash pack. It's toned down for others, but the spell effects on your screen are great.
    HAHA Just like me! i tell all my mates, that im not playing enh for meters. Just the damn Crash lighing its so awesome. Loved the part of dungs Mythic +1 - 10. Where u can pop a cd every trash pack. Wind Doom then wolves, then again WD. All time on cds.
    The hardest fight for me is a Spider just cant fit the cds on boss everything works when she flies to second platform.

Well he is now lvl 110! I got his first orange. Sadly its the neck with the annoying bubble...but I will take it! Picked it up off of a quest at lvl 101. Thus far rthe change has been great! My ilvl has gone from 880 (DK) to 806! On boss fights for normal instances I'm pulling 200+ on most of them. Enh hits like a truck! Plus the fact that I can change targets with little to no issues and pretty much 0 ramp up time.