Resto Shaman talents on Mythic Cenarius

Progressing mythic Cenarius atm with my guild. Trying to see how other Resto's use their talents. It looks like many topping the meters (almost everyone) are going with Ancestral Guidance over Deluge. Is there a specific reason to do this? Myself I find Deluge really efficient in this fight, especially in the parts where aoe healing is really intense. Also Echo of the Elements with Intact Nazjatar Molting legendary should be prio over CBT right? Any insight is welcome. Thanks!

Tbh, you just don't get incredible benefit a lot of the time from Deluge. AG is pretty insane and can out heal a healing tide totem if you do it properly, and competes with Deluge for just sustained healing numbers. Deluge is probably only really worthwhile on fights where you're stacked in a healing rain for the entire fight, and Cenarius has a lot of spread to it. I haven't used Deluge for a single fight this tier. I also use CBT for Cenarius, since Echo is pretty useless outside triage fights like Dragons.

If you combine CBT with AG, you will double dip the CBT. You get 60% more healing going into the CBT, and 60% more healing going out of the already AG-buffed CBT when you pop it. You'll want to use CBT about 5 seconds before you AG, then manually pop CBT before AG ends as your last action. Works out to around 100% additional healing overall for the AG, rather than just 60%.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2016-11-29 at 01:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Tbh, you just don't get incredible benefit a lot of the time from Deluge. AG is pretty insane and can out heal a healing tide totem if you do it properly, and competes with Deluge for just sustained healing numbers. Deluge is probably only really worthwhile on fights where you're stacked in a healing rain for the entire fight, and Cenarius has a lot of spread to it. I haven't used Deluge for a single fight this tier. I also use CBT for Cenarius, since Echo is pretty useless outside triage fights like Dragons.

If you combine CBT with AG, you will double dip the CBT. You get 60% more healing going into the CBT, and 60% more healing going out of the already AG-buffed CBT when you pop it. You'll want to use CBT about 5 seconds before you AG, then manually pop CBT before AG ends as your last action. Works out to around 100% additional healing overall for the AG, rather than just 60%.
    Nice advice. It never occurred to me to manually pop the totem during AG. Always been doing it after so far.

I'm usually keeping up 6-7 riptide hot's with my legendary and Echo of the Elements talent. And I feel Chain Heal is such a strong ability in this fight. Also, since this fight only lasts around 4 minutes, I'd get to use AD 2-3 times. I still think my way is the steady way for me to go. If my healing needs more pushing eg. if other healers are lacking on some pulls, then the way you explained, might be a better way to go. I understand everyone has a comfortable build/way to do their rotation. I was just trying to find understanding in the way most people do on this fight. This seems like a viable way to talent. Thanks for clarifying