Learning to Resto

Hey guys, so recently left my old guild to pursue another guild who was doing mythic progression whereas my old guild was just not really doing anything. Anyway I was a enh sham but ive been dying to play resto and joining these guys gives me that chance. For the most part i feel like i understand the basics of resto. But i still feel like im missing on somethings. I haven't really raided as a resto sham ive basically done a bunch of mythic + and the talent set up i was using was obviously based on that. So im just not sure if the talents i used in mythics would be hurting me in fights for emerald nightmare.

Talent set up for mythics was - Torrent 15 - Graceful Spirit 30 - LST 45 - Deluge 60 - AV 75 - Echo 90 - High Tide 100

Everything ive been reading says deluge is basically useless unless its dragons where everyone is usually stacked. But its all ive used and honestly have no idea how to optimize AG.

Also, because ive used echo for so long I don't know how to fully optimize cloudburst to get the insane healing ive seen some shams do with that paired with AG.

Any help would be great as i said i know the basics im just trying to make that jump from avg. healer.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Scroman/simple

7+ Year Old Account
    Deluge just feels so underwhelming. This is coming from someone with the legendary boots that buffs all healing to someone standing in healing rain. I'd say test some things in LFR/Normal/Heroic and then figure out what you're best output is with to use for mythic. Don't be afraid to switch on some bosses, like Unleash Life for more chain heal output and Bottomless Depths for mana on Ursoc or Undulation on Il'gynoth for better single target output.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Deluge just feels so underwhelming. This is coming from someone with the legendary boots that buffs all healing to someone standing in healing rain. I'd say test some things in LFR/Normal/Heroic and then figure out what you're best output is with to use for mythic. Don't be afraid to switch on some bosses, like Unleash Life for more chain heal output and Bottomless Depths for mana on Ursoc or Undulation on Il'gynoth for better single target output.
    I think your wording was poor when you said Deluge is underwhelming. I would use the word unreliable over underwhelming.

Something that buffs your chain heal by 20% will never be underwhelming thats a massive buff. Its just that the talent is unreliable in almost every fight. Realistically if you can accurately place your healing rain onto a bunch of people and then just chain heal it will be insanely strong but its just you can't do that because theres not any fights that allow you to place healing rain on the ground to blanket a lot of people consistently.

Side input i think ancestral vigor should proc from healing rain as well to almost turn this into more of a utility+healing ability and putting it on par with earthen shield.

Talents for M+ : Undulation, GS, CW, AV or EST (I like EST for 10+ DHT especially Shade of Xavius for NM Bolt), EoE, Ascendance

Talents for Mythic EN: I'd highly suggest checking out the Resto Shaman Discord or chainheal.com

I also have Legendary Boots and have only used Deluge on fights where stacking is pretty much constant aka tree vagina if you use burst strat. Even then, I usually take AG/CBT/HT in raids. Also on Mythic Xavius I did not use Deluge but with how much stacking there is next week I may use it on our kill.

I also have the boots. The only fight Deluge feels strong on is M / H Xavius. Basically useless for the rest of EN

https://chainheal.com/

Here you will find talent choices for top resto shamans, guide on how to maximize cloudburst, and many other awesome resto shaman resources.

I would also advice you to go to warcraftlogs and see what talents the top resto shamans are using for the different fights.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Restoration

At the top there you will see the "top talents" for each boss.

Deluge is fine for xavius, ursoc and the cenarius stack/zerg strat though. The problem with deluge is the setup, if you can negate that you're golden.