Deleted

Angry Worldwide Trends in Honor Killings

http://www.meforum.org/2646/worldwid...honor-killings

As if it was not obvious enough, there is a strong co-relation between some cultures and belief that murder is justified.

Selected points:

Between 1989 and 2009, honor killings also escalated over time in a statistically significant way.

With only two exceptions, the victims were all members of the same religious group as their murderers.

"Too Western" damn.

Table Three: Females 25 Years of Age and Younger (N = 129)

REGION Worldwide North America Europe Muslim World
    AVERAGE AGE 17 18 18 17
    BY PERCENTAGE
    Killed by Family of Origin1,2 81 94 77 82
    Family Position1
    -- Daughter/Sister 74 94 67 73
    -- Wife/Girlfriend 14 0 20 14
    -- Other3 3 6 13 13
    Paternal Participation4 54 88 54 46
    Multiple Perpetrators 46 75 46 38
    Multiple Victims1 17 30 8 20
    Tortured1 53 25 72 47
    Motive4
    -- "too Western" 57 88 74 38
    -- "sexual impropriety" 43 12 26 62

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

No shit, it happens regularly in places like pakistan. Huge problem there and i dont think they even have laws against it, thousands have walked free there before, all it takes is for the familys to pardon them and seeing as usualy whole familys are in on it, yeah.

Think they tried to pass a new law for mandatory prison sentences though, not sure how it went with that.

Young women quickly adapt new cultures even faster then young men. Its actually a logical situation when you think about it, their new potential sexual partners now share different values. So yeah muslim already threat women like dirt and now their women take social part in western civilization were they adapt to a new situation knowingly or not to secure motherhood.

In our own countries its manageable, because we have long time law against such thing. In muslim countries it will probably keep increasing for the near future as they keep mingling with western culture.

Deleted
    Soooo. Ethnicity? Culture? Religion? Can we blame anything or are we racist if we do?

10+ Year Old Account
    This isnt a @Tennisace thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    This isnt a @Tennisace thread?
    That smiley put me off too.

@OP Canada should make a good example how to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    That smiley put me off too.

@OP Canada should make a good example how to deal with this.
    We actually did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shafia_family_murders

On January 29, 2012, the jury completed its deliberation after 15 hours and reached a verdict of guilty, four counts of first degree murder for each of the three defendants. First degree murder carries an automatic sentence of life in prison without a possibility of parole for 25 years.

Islam bashing thread mods please close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, legal execution is pretty much a honor killing committed by the society. I guess no one will dare call it that though, since it makes it look much more vile.

The less civilized a society is, the more such primitive methods of resolving problems as killing and taking freedoms away are popular. Not exactly rocket science: you don't get to become civilized without learning a more complex and unbiased thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, legal execution is pretty much a honor killing committed by the society. I guess no one will dare call it that though, since it makes it look much more vile.

The less civilized a society is, the more such primitive methods of resolving problems as killing and taking freedoms away are popular. Not exactly rocket science: you don't get to become civilized without learning a more complex and unbiased thinking.
    Legal execution requires time and a trial. Honor killings can be from "you shame our family" to "you shamed our religion". There's quite a difference. Unless you're trying to say we're no better than the countries that allow this?

However, I'm glad we can both agree any country that allows honor killing is uncivilized and vile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Islam bashing thread mods please close.
    Not sure how it's bashing anything if the facts are there and are accurate.

But continue to sweep aside the horrible things a particular religion does so as not to offend the pussies of the world.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Not sure how it's bashing anything if the facts are there and are accurate.

But continue to sweep aside the horrible things a particular religion does so as not to offend the pussies of the world.
    Actually Islam does not allow honor killings. The whole bringing shame to family bullcrap. There are countless cases in pakistan where women were just killed because the family didn't wanted to give the woman her fair share of inheritance. It has become quite easy to just blame everything on the religion. But there are social issues in the countries, where laws and police are bought by corrupt and rich people.

By the way there are laws in Pakistan to prevent this from happening and punishing the criminal but like everything there is a lot of corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Soooo. Ethnicity? Culture? Religion? Can we blame anything or are we racist if we do?
    People are crazy? That's not racist. If you think just a particular race is crazy then, you know.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Read the stats, but don't try to explain them, because that's racist.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Is it ok for the military to target and kill civilians?"

"Is it ok for individuals or small groups to kill civlians?"

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "Is it ok for the military to target and kill civilians?"

"Is it ok for individuals or small groups to kill civlians?"

Great post. This is very eye opening and shows how misled some are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhekk View Post
    Legal execution requires time and a trial. Honor killings can be from "you shame our family" to "you shamed our religion". There's quite a difference. Unless you're trying to say we're no better than the countries that allow this?

However, I'm glad we can both agree any country that allows honor killing is uncivilized and vile.
    The society thinks this way, when it executes a civilian: "This person has hurt us, and we don't think they can be redeemed - so they can be killed". Functionally, in my eyes, it is the same as honor killings, and just because it is officially legalized and is preceded by an officially recognized trial doesn't make it any better.

Of course, in the US there have been "only" ~1500 executions in the last 40 years, while in some countries there is probably more honor killings than that in a single year - but still, I think there is similarity in people's reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Between 1989 and 2009, honor killings also escalated over time in a statistically significant way.
    So, 1989 the action was probebly more likely to be recorded as "ordinary" murder insted of honor killing as in 2009.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion-related threads aren't allowed here, and based on your posting history the only purpose to this thread is to try to skirt under our rules and post your usual Muslim-hate.

Closing.