Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Currently nothing. I am disillusioned with pvp. Only thing I had left to get is elite skin set but it is impossible cause of rng. Holinka would understand our pain if he ever did pvp.

I do the daily random win for artifact power if i'm close to getting a new artifact trait. Other than that nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing actually. I just "like" 2v2 because i'm a masochist, took me years to realize it.

Not much really, I sometimes join a group of friends who play BGs everyday and do my WQ's. I really dislike paladins in pvp atm.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    I do the daily random win for artifact power
    exactly this

I would like post my thoughts for this thread.

---

Blizzard:

"We are a PVE focused game."

"Why are you pvping? You should be raiding with your friends/guild."

WoW is mostly a PVE game. Always has been. Ever since the beginning. WoW has always been a PVE game with PVP slapped on top of it. With PVP just as an extra.

You raid with your friends/guild. Maybe as you wait for the raid, as you wait for the raid to get together, you queue a couple of BGs for fun, just for fun, while everyone is waiting for the raid to get together.

Vanilla WoW, BC:

You raid molten core, BWL, etc. You get that gear. Then you get a couple of friends together, or just 1 or 2 friends, and you guys queue for a BG, for a couple of BGs, just for fun.

I mean, I have never raided. But I just wanted to say this. And I think this is true, from what other people's stories, from other people's experiences I've heard.

But I do think that is sorta true. That WoW is sorta mostly a PVE game, even now in Legion. With PVP slapped on top of it, just as an extra.

---

I think Blizzard wants people to PVE more. Blizzard wants more people to raid now. To try raiding. With PVP just as an extra thing to do. Because PVP has really taken off, more and more people are PVPing more than PVEing.

How to PVE in Legion:

(i mean these are just my thoughts, so just take this as a grain of salt of whatever that saying is, don't take this too seriously.)

Level to 110.
    Start getting your item level high enough to do Heroics.
    Start doing Heroic 5-mans.
    Get that Heroic dungeon gear.
    Then once you're item level is high enough, start doing mythic 5-mans.

But I don't know. I know this is probably totally wrong. I'm just trying to give a general idea of How to PVE in Legion, How To Gear in Legion.

---

TL;DR (summary):

Blizzard wants people to PVE more now in Legion.

Q: What motivates you to PVP?

A: I do think that now in Legion that people have lost that motivation to pvp now. Back in Warlords, with the Honor/Conquest point system, you grind honor/conquest points, once you have enough, you buy the gear. That alone was enough motivation (at least for me).

But now? Gear is random in PVP. RNG. People hate RNG.

I mean for me: I have lost that motivation now. Since gear doesn't really matter any more for PVP thanks to PVP STAT TEMPLATES. Your character's stats are adjusted to predetermined values. I don't really care about achieving high rating. Just as long as I have fun.

I guess the only thing that is motivating me to pvp now is JUST FOR FUN. If I am not having fun, I stop playing.
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2016-12-04 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaining Honor levels and getting my HK's up.
    I am maintaining a spreadsheet for my Honor Kills and to me it's a great incentive to keep doing PvP. I've always enjoyed PvP and I honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Only daily random PvP for AP.
    Wouldnt dare to arena with this unbalanced sh!t

Primarily just because it is fun, the fact that I get AP that I need and whatever vanity items I will get from the Prestige system is just a perk I wish I had had when I last did a whole bunch of PvP (end of MoP). Back then I did it without any gain as I had full PvP gear, only gain was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aiming for mount at the end of prestige 3 - rank 50. I am at prestige 2 - rank 31 at the moment. Just got the prestigious wolf mount from the pvp world quests achievements.

To destroy other players. As simple as that.

However Legion is a nasty pve grind that has just burned me out. I try to get into the pve side but about 5-10min into a dung or raid I want to log. It might be a little different if RNG wasn't such a bitch. WQ are a joke... still get 835 pieces. No matter how much you hate pve you MUST do it if you want to be competitive in ANY form of pvp (even bgs). While some people might argue that a small stat percentage doesn't matter (I believe it does), your artifact talents and artifact weapon absolutely do matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AP token I get after winning the first random BG of the day... Basically just that.

I also want that cool looking mount you get at the end of prestige 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I am aiming for mount at the end of prestige 3 - rank 50. I am at prestige 2 - rank 31 at the moment. Just got the prestigious wolf mount from the pvp world quests achievements.
    There's an achievement for PvP WQs? Know the name?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Well, I wanted those 40 RBG wins for the mount. So far I've played 52 games of which I've won 19. That's the motivation, and prestige too. Am I having fun though? No. I don't understand why I'm doing this to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I am struggling to find motivation to pvp and I can't get any of my friends/guildies to pvp anymore at all.

You could say that having fun is enough, but the core pvp system isnt that fun for me without proper rewards or a feeling of getting more powerfull when gearing.

What motivates you to pvp at this point?
    I like the free for all zones in legion. I like to fuck up all those server transferring mother fuckers that thought they'd be safe on a server with more horde than alliance or vice versa #rudeawakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The AP token I get after winning the first random BG of the day... Basically just that.

I also want that cool looking mount you get at the end of prestige 3.

- - - Updated - - -

There's an achievement for PvP WQs? Know the name?
    Free for all, more for me. You need to complete 20 times each of the four pvp world quests (except the Wardens towers)
    -Murloc one in Azsuna
    -Bareback Brawl in Stormheim
    -Darkbrul arena in Highmountain
    -Blackrook Rumble in Val'Sharah

You get the prestigious war wolf (horde) or steed (Alliance) as a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I get a immense satisfaction out of killing disc priests.
    When I was leveling my SV hunter... omg, that was my favorite part. Now I want to level another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Sad playerbase that needs a reward to start doing something. What about doing things for fun or the satisfaction of winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Sad playerbase that needs a reward to start doing something. What about doing things for fun or the satisfaction of winning?
    What about not having to pve to be relevant in pvp? I think that some players are "needing" that carrot but maybe the carrot would be a good thing. If I didn't have to worry about doing so much damn pve to get AP and gear I would be able to only pvp. Which is what I want. Everyone is saying fresh 110's can roll into pvp and do just fine.... well I agree to an extent. They will be a little better off than when gear was acquired through pvp BUT it is not a linear progression. If you are only doing pvp you are NEVER going to get geared well and the AP grind is going to be ridiculous. At least when pvp gear was a thing I new exactly what I had to do to get the best gear for pvp. The only pve I should have to do is leveling.

Pvp is almost dead these days, the community is so small compared to back in the day, due to blizzard's negligent game design.

But it's still fun to school pve'ers in arena/bg/world pvp especially tanks who think they are hot shit with some dumb raiding title.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    What about not having to pve to be relevant in pvp? I think that some players are "needing" that carrot but maybe the carrot would be a good thing. If I didn't have to worry about doing so much damn pve to get AP and gear I would be able to only pvp. Which is what I want. Everyone is saying fresh 110's can roll into pvp and do just fine.... well I agree to an extent. They will be a little better off than when gear was acquired through pvp BUT it is not a linear progression. If you are only doing pvp you are NEVER going to get geared well and the AP grind is going to be ridiculous. At least when pvp gear was a thing I new exactly what I had to do to get the best gear for pvp. The only pve I should have to do is leveling.
    In the past, were you one of those guys that just pvp to get pvp gear and then roflstomped undergeared people in random bg? or were you trying to get past 2.4k+ rating where everyone had the same gear and you need skill to win?