Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    It does, but again in the context of someone that has knowledge of the story. If you had the common knowledge most people have, only the trailers. His comment doesent say much, it only does great controvercial head lines for all the news websites and youtubers.
    I mean, most sites don't seem to have picked up on anything sensational. The only one that did was...that garbage Sausage Roll site that was linked earlier in this thread, at least as far as I can tell in the first few pages of search.

On YT though...yeah, of course garbage tier outragebait channels are going to run with that nonsense. "TROY BAKER WARNS US!" nonsense is left and right with constant references to SJW's in the description sections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Listen, I don't get what you're saying. Sony loses a large chunk of profits through resellers when they sell Physical and even Statista reports a MASSIVE drop in physical sales as of 2018

So, the fact of the matter is, Physical is on life support and It's not going to magically recover for this release. If you want to point me to any counters to the stats, I'll give it a look.

Source for the article too: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-2009/
    Because that includes PC Sales, which are almost exclusively digital, as well as MTX (digital only).

That's not a remotely accurate comparison, and retail sales still make up a big chunk of console sales.

Im not sure what made people think i cared about the delay, that was not my point lol. We knew why the delay, just not the date. My point was the leak might not be something out of the blue internally, even if its not a DEV. To be fair even Schire doesent know if it was a Dev or Not. He said he spoke with some of them, doesent mean all of them. Or even that they are gona tell him 100% of whats going on or that the dev he has access to even know anything. Everyone is speculating shit, journalists included. Doesent mean people need to take reddit post as truth tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Listen, I don't get what you're saying. Sony loses a large chunk of profits through resellers when they sell Physical and even Statista reports a MASSIVE drop in physical sales as of 2018

So, the fact of the matter is, Physical is on life support and It's not going to magically recover for this release. If you want to point me to any counters to the stats, I'll give it a look.

Source for the article too: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-2009/
    All you're proving is you know nothing about the console software landscape. Excluding a physical release would be cutting out 40% of sales best case scenerio(and that is hoping at least 20% of the 60% physical buyers buy it digitally).

Physical sales on console are not anywhere close to being dead, and for single player games they still make up the majority of the sales. Look at Square literally saying they left money on the table with the physical shortages of VIIR due to production and shipping bottlenecks mid shut down.

So more politically correct shit in games? Just watched the new grudge movie and I'm like why do they do this.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    If even half of what I heard is true. no one will like this games story. I don't fault SJWs for that. The fault lies squarely on the story lead (who I've heard some thing's about). I just find the drama interesting wonder what the reviews from real people will be like. Not from shit sites like polygon.
    I sorta got spoiled by some assface on Facebook who told me what happened(Sorta) I think I understand why people won't like it. I don't think any SJW or political agenda going on. Just some really edgy dude.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I was going to make a bunch more responses but as i keep reading more and more of the arguments here... I'm realizing just how utterly pointless it is. I'm gonna play the game when it comes out. I may or may not enjoy it. I don't know yet, because I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT. the story to me sounds promising. it may still be executed terribly for my liking. in might be absolutely brilliant. i don't know CAUSE I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT. as for some of the "concerns" that people have? when people are that closed minded, there is no point in continuing to waste any time on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I was going to make a bunch more responses but as i keep reading more and more of the arguments here... I'm realizing just how utterly pointless it is. I'm gonna play the game when it comes out. I may or may not enjoy it. I don't know yet, because I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT. the story to me sounds promising. it may still be executed terribly for my liking. in might be absolutely brilliant. i don't know CAUSE I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT. as for some of the "concerns" that people have? when people are that closed minded, there is no point in continuing to waste any time on them.
    It's truly amazing people think they know a story because they got spoiled on a few points. I guarantee most of these people where never going to buy and play the game in the first place, they're the same ones that watch a playthrough on twitch and type "LUL shit game" in the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's truly amazing people think they know a story because they got spoiled on a few points. I guarantee most of these people where never going to buy and play the game in the first place, they're the same ones that watch a playthrough on twitch and type "LUL shit game" in the chat.
    pretty much. or you know the ones screaming about feminist agenda in Mad Max fury road, and calling for boycotts without actualy seeing the movie. like I said, from spoilers so far, plot points make sense to me. whether they end up playing out the way I think they will? time will tell. if I don't like the game after all? doesn't mean its bad, has bad writing or whatever. just means it ended up not being for me after all. and that's OK!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im actually mad about it.
    The worst part is my youtube feed being full of this crap...and im not even subscribed to this motherf'er cultists.
    Yeah it is very annoying.

It doesnt even make sense. Of course characters are gonna have muscle on them. They have been living off the wilderness swinging axes and god knows what into peoples faces. Would be incredibly silly if they looked like Ariana Grande.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

The problem isn't that Addy doesn't look feminine. The problem is that she looks like they slapped a teen girl's face on a stocky body. A grizzled soldier having that sort of body? Believable. Hell that sort of body would look believable on any woman over 26. But a teen girl? No way in hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I call bullshit on this because I never mistook Abby as a man at all. She looks like a built woman, not all that different from Charlotte Flair before her boob job or Rhea Ripley currently which are big ass women that are pro wrestlers. If we go all the way back to the Paris Games Week cinematic years ago where she was first shown and nobody had any clue who she was, if you're telling me you thought she was a male I'm gonna call BS on that.
    There's nothing to call bullshit on. If I was the only person who thinks so, sure, but it's been routinely
    mocked and even meme'd about how damn man-like this woman looks. She looks completely unrelatable
    at all from the two women you mention.

Secondly, if I only seen the images of her with no context or information to go on, then yeah, I would have
    most definitely mistook her for being male. Except that's not what happened, I was fully aware of the spoilers
    and went in knowing the character was female, despite her appearance.

So basically you didn't read what I said at all, and thus have nothing to call bullshit on. Maybe read more
    thoroughly next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    how. HOW? oh right, you see what you want to see, because... reasons or something.
    Sounds like you're projecting a lot with this. Unless I'm blatantly saying something
    of the nature you're trying to accuse me of, don't try this sort of passive/aggressive
    judgement please. It's extremely immature.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2020-05-01 at 05:56 AM.

I watched a video covering the leaks. I think I will wait for this game to see reviews. Part of me likes what they are doing, it is bold and sort of makes sense. However, I think dealing with the protagonists of the first game in this way, it was always going to be divisive. Building an attachment in the first game then doing that in the second, it is easy to see why people are concerned.

I also understand that the developers either worked with or spent time reading up on a certain anti game far left grifter, which I won't lie, if any developer takes this persons views on board worries me. It appeals to a tiny minority, and given how divisive that figure is, will put far more people off than it would draw in.

I have seen people talking about left wing identity politics in the game, I am going to hold off forming too much of an opinion on that, I haven't played the game. Though I will say, and I am sort of annoyed by this, when I saw that picture of the new character, if I had seen that 5 years ago or so, I wouldn't have thought much of it. Now I wonder "is this to tick a box that most people who would play the game don't actually care about?" and "will they be a token, or a fleshed out character?".

They have a good track record, so I hope they pull it off. However I am not sure now if it is for me. I wasn't expecting sunshine and rainbows, I wasn't expecting Joel to be alive, however this sounds like they are going beyond what I am ready for at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I watched a video covering the leaks. I think I will wait for this game to see reviews. Part of me likes what they are doing, it is bold and sort of makes sense. However, I think dealing with the protagonists of the first game in this way, it was always going to be divisive. Building an attachment in the first game then doing that in the second, it is easy to see why people are concerned.

I also understand that the developers either worked with or spent time reading up on a certain anti game far left grifter, which I won't lie, if any developer takes this persons views on board worries me. It appeals to a tiny minority, and given how divisive that figure is, will put far more people off than it would draw in.

I have seen people talking about left wing identity politics in the game, I am going to hold off forming too much of an opinion on that, I haven't played the game. Though I will say, and I am sort of annoyed by this, when I saw that picture of the new character, if I had seen that 5 years ago or so, I wouldn't have thought much of it. Now I wonder "is this to tick a box that most people who would play the game don't actually care about?" and "will they be a token, or a fleshed out character?".

They have a good track record, so I hope they pull it off. However I am not sure now if it is for me. I wasn't expecting sunshine and rainbows, I wasn't expecting Joel to be alive, however this sounds like they are going beyond what I am ready for at this point.
    for me Joel dying does hurt, but after playing TLOU again i've come to realize that his story is basically finished, he was hurting for 20+ years because of his daughter and found a surrogate daughter in Ellie, and he found peace in the end, the way he talked on the way to Jackson at the end solidified it. the thing which pisses me off right now (if the rumors are true) is that Ellie will die as well, that is the deal breaker for me, you use the whole of the first game to build up Ellie into this badass, finds love, has the lovers quarrel/spat in what we've seen of the leaks, only for her to be killed by the same person who kills Joel? i'm PLEADING that this wont be true

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    for me Joel dying does hurt, but after playing TLOU again i've come to realize that his story is basically finished, he was hurting for 20+ years because of his daughter and found a surrogate daughter in Ellie, and he found peace in the end, the way he talked on the way to Jackson at the end solidified it. the thing which pisses me off right now (if the rumors are true) is that Ellie will die as well, that is the deal breaker for me, you use the whole of the first game to build up Ellie into this badass, finds love, has the lovers quarrel/spat in what we've seen of the leaks, only for her to be killed by the same person who kills Joel? i'm PLEADING that this wont be true
    Yea, this is my feeling too. It isn't so much about Joel, I was expecting it. I don't want to play as Joel's killer, and I don't want to kill Ellie. On one level I get what they are doing, and I do think it is bold, and it does kind of make sense and has the potential to be really gripping and impactful. This is what hatred, revenge and violence lead to. However the connections built in the first game mean I am per just not ready to see that vision and theme played out in the way it looks like it will be. It is just too bleak for what I can tolerate, especially right now.

As for the fear of lefty identity politics, I will reserve judgement. This for me is often overblown. I remember people freaking out over DA:I and the supposed gay agenda, and I just didn't get it at all. Whilst forced representation and tokenism is a thing, with said protected characteristic being the main point to someones character and nothing else to define them, whilst this bothers me for being cheap, lazy and frankly insulting (it seems to be done more for the praise of Twitter and a small minority of people), it happens way less than some people claim. There is no doubt people who want to infect all art with this laziness, but they aren't as powerful or successful as many detractors claim. So long as a character is compelling, I don't care about their physical characteristics or what way they swing. I won't deny that hearing about certain people being involved in some way with development does give me some small concern over this, I think Naughty Dog's track record is excellent and I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait till it actually comes out before jumping on them for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    There's nothing to call bullshit on. If I was the only person who thinks so, sure, but it's been routinely
    mocked and even meme'd about how damn man-like this woman looks. She looks completely unrelatable
    Bullshit, show me any memes about it that date back to Halloween 2017, which is when she was first revealed. They don't exist. No one mistook her as a man that is just bullshit your crowd came up with in the recent past by trying to clout chase on their clickbait that the game is "herp derr identity politics", "herp derr SJW agenda".

And yes her body build looks exactly like the 2 women I just named, you really have no idea what you're talking about if you say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah it is very annoying.

It doesnt even make sense. Of course characters are gonna have muscle on them. They have been living off the wilderness swinging axes and god knows what into peoples faces. Would be incredibly silly if they looked like Ariana Grande.
    And now several of this cultist youtubers are playing the victim card because their videos got copyrighted and removed from youtube.
    I like to think revenge is bad and to avoid "hate" in general...but i cant help feeling some kind of satisfaction from this.

This "cultists" dont deserve to "preach" to the masses. They are a disease IMO.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-05-01 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

Secondly, if I only seen the images of her with no context or information to go on, then yeah, I would have
    most definitely mistook her for being male
    . Except that's not what happened, I was fully aware of the spoilers
    and went in knowing the character was female, despite her appearance.

So basically you didn't read what I said at all, and thus have nothing to call bullshit on. Maybe read more
    thoroughly next time?

Sounds like you're projecting a lot with this. Unless I'm blatantly saying something
    of the nature you're trying to accuse me of, don't try this sort of passive/aggressive
    judgement please. It's extremely immature.

Sorry but it is clear that image is a picture of a female really I figured it out that it is a she from the get go before any context at all. Anyone who mistake it with a male really is thick headed and dense and stupid no offense but these kind of people who mistake her for being a male are the same people who miss obvious clue shit in tv show or movies and get surprised when later you get a big reveal. It is like some people brain can't register what they see and unfortunately most of the people in the internet are like this really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Obviously we don't know if the leak is true so that's the most important thing take away
    Theres literally videos of gameplay on youtube.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are people focusing on Abby's gender/physique.

That's not even the problem, and it sucks that the real reason -which is the writing- will take a backseat to this.

It's like the ND writers decided to take a bite from the same piss stain pie that the GoT and Star Wars writers did.

Update May 1, 2020: Sony has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that it has identified the primary individuals responsible for the leaks earlier this week, saying they were not affiliated with Sony Interactive Entertainment or Naughty Dog, as was rumored.
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-leaked-online

So much for the disgruntled employee takes in this thread, reddit or other clickbaiters. OFC no one peddling that drama will come to eat their crow, just like they won't when the game reviews well or when it sells well.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-leaked-online

So much for the disgruntled employee takes in this thread, reddit or other clickbaiters. OFC no one peddling that drama will come to eat their crow, just like they won't when the game reviews well or when it sells well.
    I'm sure I'm about to get a lot of apologies in that garbage reddit thread...aaaannnnyyyy mmmiinnnnuuuttteeee nnnooowwwwwww.