Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How is this game LGBTQ?

Spoilers but...

You're playing as a female who isn't trans btw just really muscular because revenge is what has driven her for years, that kills a pregnant lesbian and then hunts her girlfriend for the rest of the game.

Yeah that's extremely LGBTQ isnt it...

Either way the last scene in the trailer gave me hope for the story.

The only way this game can be redeemed for me based on the leaks is if Ellie kills Abby at the end, preferably in a gruesome way. Because revenge is actually sweet, but not when it comes from the bad guy.

And before someone starts spouting some "morality" bullshit, I don't care if you think Joel is a bad guy. It's the fucking apocalypse, a time and place where PC culture is dead. Kratos is also a bad guy, but I wouldn't want him to die because I tend to put myself in the protagonists shoes, and I bet a lot of people think like that.
    So...you want the story to be braindead?
    Sorry for the term...but...what you asked for is 99% of the movies on theaters

I would love some moral relativism up in this crib

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Better be careful, if you disagree with the direction of the game or hate the story you must be bigoted.
    Or you could play it yourself and more accurately judge said story with this thing called context.

Oh nevermind you werent being genuine anyway and I have endangered animals to kill on red dead redemption 2 in beautiful high fidelity

Nothing beats killing the bald eagle, or mountain lions, or extinct types of bird.

What was that about dogs by the way?
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-05-08 at 01:56 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I am so happy the leaks happened.Saved me money and my time.Not going to support this social agenda that they seem to need to cram down our throats all the time.It is also funny how if things go the way they are going Naughty dog will have single handedly set back that movement drastically.Then the spin they are trying to put on all of this to try and salvage it is hilarious.Its a new story every day from naughty dog and sony lol
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2020-05-08 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Or you could play it yourself and more accurately judge said story with this thing called context.

Oh nevermind you werent being genuine anyway and I have endangered animals to kill on red dead redemption 2 in beautiful high fidelity
    Agreed - and what's worse is that it seems like the initial fan-concerns/complaints have been completely hijacked by the Incels - who's balls still seem to ache over that Ellie Kiss trailer 2 years ago - and are now just concentrating on trying to tank the game in similar fashion to how they tried (and failed) to tank Captain Marvel in the theaters. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    So...you want the story to be braindead?
    Sorry for the term...but...what you asked for is 99% of the movies on theaters

I would love some moral relativism up in this crib
    It's different in a game when they force you to play as someone you ain't cheering for. And to put emphasis on it, it's not someone you aren't just cheering for but probably end up hating a lot. And if the leaks about how it ends are true then that means you're gonna end up killing Ellie, and probably in a graphic way. Keep in mind they are advertising the game with Ellie as the protagonist aswell. Sure this probably means nothing to someone who isn't familiar with the first game's story but a lot of people attach themselves to characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's different in a game when they force you to play as someone you ain't cheering for. And to put emphasis on it, it's not someone you aren't just cheering for but probably end up hating a lot. And if the leaks about how it ends are true then that means you're gonna end up killing Ellie, and probably in a graphic way. Keep in mind they are advertising the game with Ellie as the protagonist aswell. Sure this probably means nothing to someone who isn't familiar with the first game's story but a lot of people attach themselves to characters.
    Yeah, is easy for me to talk because i dont feel attached to any of the characters.
    I mostly only hate humiliation...if is death...im mostly cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jar-Mon View Post
    Agreed - and what's worse is that it seems like the initial fan-concerns/complaints have been completely hijacked by the Incels - who's balls still seem to ache over that Ellie Kiss trailer 2 years ago - and are now just concentrating on trying to tank the game in similar fashion to how they tried (and failed) to tank Captain Marvel in the theaters. >_<
    Yeah just like the latest is a "dog" controversy.

if their was a female superwoman movie coming out that would be getting targeted instead. But movies cant come out in theaters at the moment so video games are drawing in more of them than ever. Shame Black widow couldnt havent drawn some of the heat kek

And its ridiculous for a few reasons.

1. The game isnt even out, and yes their are spoilers but people reading text or paragraphs written by someone with an agenda doesnt include the moments leading up to it, the tension from the pacing of the game, the lighting and music surrounding events. Art can be massively changed by the way it is presented regardless if you read something that sounds a bit off.

2. Where was the outrage for the first game? The first game had references to her being gay. The first game you could kill dogs. Did these people even play the first game? Or again is this the latest fun thing to pick apart when not much is going on in a lock down.

3. Youtubes algorithms are more cut throat than ever before with massive changes behind the scenes lately where "content creators" have to make "content" like a picture of ellie with flames in her eyes and $$$$ icons next to it with a title like...."10 things Naughty dog FAILED on" "5 Reasons to be WARY when playing LAST OF US 2 2020 *SPOILERS* DEV REACTIONS" promotes this kind of content so they get dem clicks and viewer engagement
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-05-08 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Where was the outrage for the first game? The first game had references to her being gay. The first game you could kill dogs. Did these people even play the first game? Or again is this the latest fun thing to pick apart when not much is going on in a lock down.

Well the reference of Ellie hinted to being gay is small unless you're already thinking about it. That and its much different then a cinematic of Ellie making out with a girl. Big difference but I don't care that much, just enough to find dumb logic.

3. Youtubes algorithms are more cut throat than ever before with massive changes behind the scenes lately where "content creators" have to make "content" like a picture of ellie with flames in her eyes and $$$$ icons next to it with a title like...."10 things Naughty dog FAILED on" "5 Reasons to be WARY when playing LAST OF US 2 2020 *SPOILERS* DEV REACTIONS" promotes this kind of content so they get dem clicks and viewer engagement
    The Algorithm is cut throat against anything with violent or political related stuff(As in no monetization). That and all those views...well depends if Youtube functions correctly, cause it doesn't like to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well the reference of Ellie hinted to being gay is small unless you're already thinking about it. That and its much different then a cinematic of Ellie making out with a girl. Big difference but I don't care that much, just enough to find dumb logic.
    Doesnt matter if its small or not. Its canon.

That deserves articles and videos because being gay is clearly pandering!

Plus you only need one person to point it out then we all agree and be outraged, thats how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Algorithm is cut throat against anything with violent or political related stuff(As in no monetization). That and all those views...well depends if Youtube functions correctly, cause it doesn't like to.
    The algorithm is completely messed up

I admit i was part of this cult that is the outrage community...i was subscribed to several.
    But i woke up from the trance and went clean.
    Unsubscribed to every single one of them and i never wanted to see them again.

Result: I still get spammed everyday on my feed with their videos. Every single fucking day...even though i dont click on any of them...for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the way the leaked story (which is not even complete story) just keeps mutating is fascinating. absolutely fascinating.

also. if you are not bothered by a male (or female) character kissing their opposite sex love interest on screen, then being bothered by that kiss of Ellie and Dinah is a bit.... hypocritical. because that's litteraly all there is. the same kind of scene we have seen countless times... but with 2 girls this time.

P.S. the only way I found to get rid of channels that i did not want to see ever again was

1. manually clear my watch history of any and all of their videos.
    2. wait for them to inevitably show up on youtube landing page recommendations (you cannot get rid of them via side bar, that only blocks individual videos) when they show up on main page, I right click on those dots for options and select "don't recommend channel" that works way WAY better. youtube algorithm is... a trip. I started getting some of that stuff because I subscribe to couple of larger gaming channels (gameranx, outsidexbox, PlayStation acess and a few guide/game movie oriented channels), Lindsey Ellis and watched couple of Folding ideas vids. yep...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the way the leaked story (which is not even complete story) just keeps mutating is fascinating. absolutely fascinating.

also. if you are not bothered by a male (or female) character kissing their opposite sex love interest on screen, then being bothered by that kiss of Ellie and Dinah is a bit.... hypocritical. because that's litteraly all there is. the same kind of scene we have seen countless times... but with 2 girls this time.

P.S. the only way I found to get rid of channels that i did not want to see ever again was

1. manually clear my watch history of any and all of their videos.
    2. wait for them to inevitably show up on youtube landing page recommendations (you cannot get rid of them via side bar, that only blocks individual videos) when they show up on main page, I right click on those dots for options and select "don't recommend channel" that works way WAY better. youtube algorithm is... a trip. I started getting some of that stuff because I subscribe to couple of larger gaming channels (gameranx, outsidexbox, PlayStation acess and a few guide/game movie oriented channels), Lindsey Ellis and watched couple of Folding ideas vids. yep...
    The way youtube can push you into the pit of the crazy reactionaries/alt right is insane. I was watching a video (I think it was markiplier) doing an experiment of how quickly you can go from 0 history to a conspiracy or far right video and it was on average 4-5 clicks. Faster if you clicked a gaming one due to how many game related you tubers love the rage bait video.

Nothing beats killing the bald eagle, or mountain lions, or extinct types of bird.

Wait, is killing dogs seriously a part of the TLOU2 outrage? Speaking of RDR2 though, what's up with being unable to skin dogs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Nice thanks for proving my point by taking my 1 line and transforming it to fit your narrative. Prolly don't even realize the irony of your response.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah just like the latest is a "dog" controversy.

if their was a female superwoman movie coming out that would be getting targeted instead. But movies cant come out in theaters at the moment so video games are drawing in more of them than ever. Shame Black widow couldnt havent drawn some of the heat kek

And its ridiculous for a few reasons.

1. The game isnt even out, and yes their are spoilers but people reading text or paragraphs written by someone with an agenda doesnt include the moments leading up to it, the tension from the pacing of the game, the lighting and music surrounding events. Art can be massively changed by the way it is presented regardless if you read something that sounds a bit off.

Games and movies weren't political until people like you and the person you quoted made it political. Before that, it was about having fun, stories and characters that everyone could relate to and were well written. The fact that you fuckers lack the self awareness to realize that you've made entertainment into wedge issues is why long time gamers like myself are fucking pissed off. Trying to destroy something we've loved for so long (for some of us almost 30 years or more), yet you wonder why we get mad. Whatever moral high horse you are on, get off it. Don't expect people to just lay down and take it when you push politics into things they've loved for most of their lives.

Most of us have no problems with representation in games, films and comics. Create your own stuff, don't trash ours just because you don't like it. Personally, I couldn't give a damn if Ellie is a lesbian, if it's part of the story, tell how she came to that realization, rather than shoehorning it into the story because diversity and all that shit. That's what people want. Hollywood and gaming have both become creatively bankrupt, so rather than telling a good story they just shoehorn diverse characters in that are boring and uninteresting.

Maybe the story in TLOU2 will be good, the first one was great. But considering who Druckmann loves to parrot, and how creatively broken the gaming industry is, you have to realize that people are skeptical as to whether the story will be good or just another agenda pushing woke fest.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2020-05-08 at 02:28 PM.

Anybody else notice a distinct lack of mushroom spore people zombies? I mean, it looks like you are just fighting this religious cult. What happened to the mushroom people?
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Anybody else notice a distinct lack of mushroom spore people zombies? I mean, it looks like you are just fighting this religious cult. What happened to the mushroom people?
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...ails-revealed/ linking this again, because even in a headline, it specificaly mentions new type of infected

image kinda blurry, but gives you an idea.

another image, more familiar clicker this time.

the reason why they keep focusing on that cult is the same reason Uncharted 4 demos were almost exclusively focused on Madagascar convoy chase. Naughty dog tends to pick a slice of the game and only reveal that slice, to try and avoid spoilers for the rest of the game.

P.S. lawl at thinking that games or movies didn't used to be political before. honestly genuinely hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Personally, I couldn't give a damn if Ellie is a lesbian, if it's part of the story, tell how she came to that realization, rather than shoehorning it into the story because diversity and all that shit.
    Except they didn't shoe horn anything in. They touched on the possibility in TLOU, showed her realizing she was into girls in Left Behind and now show her in a real relationship in Part 2. That's called build up in case you missed it, that's called continuing a narrative in case you missed it.

Nobody woke up at 5 in the morning in 2018 and said "hey guys lets make Ellie gay to trigger Rennadrel!!!!!!!!!!!". You just are because you have a problem with it for w/e weird ass reason and I never seen you calling a guy kissing a woman in a game "political" before so clearly you only have a problem with these "politics" when it's ones you don't like.

this is a personal opinion but I am honestly kinda tired of overdrawn coming out stories. I'm HAPPY that Ellie just loves who she loves and gets to live her life same as anyone else. falling in love without narrative having to bend over backwards to justify why she is falling in love with a girl and not a boy. she just exists. i LOVE that her identity and her narrative does NOT revolve around her being gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do hope the leaks were fake. I don't mind the LGBT(Alphabet gang) representation at all because it don't affect the story but the rest of the it is terrible writing....killing Joel and hunting down Ellie is just....fucked up.

Please use spoilers when discussing information from the leaks. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-05-08 at 08:20 PM.