Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Saw all the leaks and big yikes, this game is going to be garbage. Obvious SJW stuff aside(ohh god it's all over and so obvious) killing Joel and Ellie and playing as the killer is just the biggest joke ever.
    Good for any of you who buys it and pretends to enjoy it, gotta do your part xD
    This is an obvious bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean does it hurt sales? How would you even determine that? Mass effect had both male and female ads and it sold pretty well and I don’t think there are enough game’s that do that to have any kind of actually consensus.
    Doing both or neither probably has 0 effect on sales. Heres the pitch, your PR and how you respond to it as a company does more then anything else. People too easily bought into this junk that good or bad press is good press. Well in the age of the internet its really not. Theres only controvercies when you play into them. Extending the twitter shit shows to make it to greater audience is just dumb marketing. A good example is battlefield V, which sold okish (well its EA 7 million copies sucks according to them). Does the female on the cover hurt their sales, i doubt it has any effect, what probably had more effect is them going on record saying IF YOU DONT LIKE THE GAME DONT BUY IT. Then every single outlet running shit bait on it for a week. Im pretty certain, this has more effect on sales then a women on the cover of the game ever has.

How you market your shit, is more important then whats in the actual game. Same goes for movies. Attacking section of a possible audience is never a good move, i know why they do it, they think that attacking some people, put others on your side and increase their audiance in some other way, but it really doesent do that. When idiots company like Ubisoft go on record and say stuff like WE DONT MAKE POLITICAL GAMEZ LUL. Yes its dumb, because its a straight lie, they make fucking tom clancey games. But i get why they do it, but what they really do is they dont pick political fights in their PR. Which no business savy person selling a mainstream product for mass appeal should ever do. You can sell the most political polirizing thing ever made, just be smart and let people discover that on their own AFTER you sold it. I mean unless you dont care about making the most money you could selling it.

Another old addage should be used, a smarter one then any publicity is good publicity. The client is always right (ok thats another lie) The truth of selling shit is, you gotta make the client feel he is always right. Even when hes a fucking idiot.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-05-10 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    It doesent matter what you or anybody else think. You showed like a lot of people your zero knowledge on this. Yes the youtuber click bait are easy to bait their fans with IM SUEING SONY LUL. You are equaly as baited into thinking Sony has any case.

What actually happens in most of the youtuber case is this: They talk about the leaks in their video (the amount of detail said has 0 legal value) no footages of the leak shown. A 3rd party working for sony DMCA take down said videos. A youtuber has 2 options here, remove the video or click the no thank you do your worse option(which click bait youtuber claim is sueing back). What really happen is that it sends back the msg to those company, saying: the person said he will not remove the video, you can do something. What happens in 99.9% of the cases, the company doesent do anything and remove the take down. Why do they do it? Because people get the scary "LEGAL TROUBLE" things rammed into them. So it works, it takes down videos that they legally wouldnt be able to take down, because many people just remove the video thinking there is actual actions that can be taken, EI people like you right now that think a company can sue say a news network for talking (not showing) leaked content that they are under no contract themselves to not disclose. Would remove your video, while you dont have to. The other side of the coin is all the click bait youtuber using that system to claim they are gona SUE X company, you arent doing shit, you sitting at home and clicked: i dont wanna do anything my video was legal (which it was in most cases).
    True, the Youtubers signed no NDA which tilts the odds in their favor. But I still doubt it's as cut and dry as you claim, primarily because there's so little precedent to work with here as far as I'm aware. Companies aren't going to waste their time and generous legal fees suing a bunch of random Youtubers when the damage is mostly already done, and the Youtubers sure as fuck can't sue companies like Sony anytime soon.

As for DMCA claims being not legally binding, yeah I knew that, it has no value in and of itself, only a court judgement does. In the meantime, it's just Youtube hastily choosing to remove/demonetize a video from their platform, which is entirely within their rights even if not the most commendable of acts to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This is an obvious bait.
    Especially when more leaks confirm Ellie isn't dying

Folks, this isn't the thread to discuss YT and DMCA claims. If discussion keeps going off-topic the thread is going to get closed, please stay on topic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    According to one of the devs of Odyssey, the game sold better when they started showing off Alexios more, originally they nearly always showed Kassandra. Probably the same reason Cyberpunk is now showing off the male option more than the female

Far more men play video games than women, and generally people want to play someone that reflects them - not always, but generally. I personally find it easier to relate to male characters than female, and prefer to play them - but that's just me
    I can’t seem to find any thing on this any chance you got a link to the dev saying so?

I have no idea where I saw it, I can't find it either so feel free to just disregard it
    But of course.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean does it hurt sales? How would you even determine that? Mass effect had both male and female ads and it sold pretty well and I don’t think there are enough game’s that do that to have any kind of actually consensus.
    I think it will hurt sales. Especially with a lot of pre-orders cancelled. I guess we'll see though. I can see a lot of people just overall being disappointed in the game, but that happens with a lot of hyped up games.

It's also funny, from an optics perspective anyway, when the Playstation Store allows people with active pre-orders to review and comment on a game that hasn't been played by ANYONE, and isn't due out for another 29 days. There's over 1500 5 star ratings. To me, that's either bots trying to shill your product or people are just that retarded. I'm gonna go with a fair bit of both.

- - - Updated - - -

And are you going for the record of pointless facetious comments that add nothing to the conversation aside from vitriol because you haven't got a real point that stands up?

- - - Updated - - -

According to one of the devs of Odyssey, the game sold better when they started showing off Alexios more, originally they nearly always showed Kassandra. Probably the same reason Cyberpunk is now showing off the male option more than the female

Far more men play video games than women, and generally people want to play someone that reflects them - not always, but generally. I personally find it easier to relate to male characters than female, and prefer to play them - but that's just me
    It's almost like, yes, more men play video games than women. I seriously don't get all the pandering towards groups of people that either don't play video games period, or are insignificant in the greater scope of game sales. But people love to conveniently ignore the statistics, where female gamer's tend to play more casual oriented games instead of arena shooters, RTS's and sports games. Yes, some do play, but not enough to be a majority audience. Sure, games can sell with female leads as well, Lara Croft has proven that. But it requires putting in some effort and like the reboot games have proven, really fleshed her out as a character and made her less of a sex symbol. I'd even argue she has both the traits of being an ideal female character (especially showing weakness and fear), while still being somewhat of a sex symbol. Can they loop it back around and tie the nu-Lara in with the confident, cool and sexy Lara that us old farts know her as from the original game? Wouldn't be too hard. It still all comes back to character development and story telling.

The Last of Us has story telling in spades, there's zero reason why the characters can't be fleshed out. But I also know what the game development industry has become in the last few years and that's a general laziness when it comes to those important factors in creating a compelling story.

fun fact.

its not about solely a "majority audience" its about reaching ALl of the potential audience vs some of the potential audience. lets go with women comprise only , I don't know 30% of the gaming population (on a basis of that split between Kassandra and Alexios players) that is STILL 30% more sales when marketing to women as well as men, vs just marketing to men. 30% more sales is better then 0% more sales. and lets make another assumption i just pulled out of my ass. at least 10% of the women would buy the game anyways, even if its not specifically marketed to them. 10% vs 30% is still enough to make marketing to women as well as men worth it.

but men won't buy games if they are marketed to both "you say" how many? what percentage of male customers is the game losing vs gaining? because more and more companies are starting to include women in their marketing. contrary to tinfoil theories abound, its NOT to appease mythical SJW. its because companies like getting more sales and have noticed that when they expand their marketing demographics? they. get. more. sales!

P.S. I wonder just how many TLOU2 preorders have been canceled.... i have a feeling that its not as many as some reactionaries hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    P.S. I wonder just how many TLOU2 preorders have been canceled.... i have a feeling that its not as many as some reactionaries hope.
    Oh it's absolutely gonna sell gang busters, outrage culture on the internet never effects sales and if dexit didn't teach them that they will never learn. Pokemon Sword and Shield already sold more then any 3DS Pokemon game in mere months on the market after all their outrage over it.

TLOU1 sold 17+ million as of years ago, anyone that thinks this games sales are gonna bomb are hilarious. The majority of those sales are to people who don't spend all day watching youtube videos about what game to be mad at.

15+ Year Old Account
    I cancelled mine so i'll probably just play the ps5 remaster version like i did the ps4 remastered version with 1. It was still pretty boring

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I cancelled mine so i'll probably just play the ps5 remaster version like i did the ps4 remastered version with 1. It was still pretty boring
    Wait why would you pre order a sequel of a game you found boring?

15+ Year Old Account
    To see if its better or not

7+ Year Old Account
    To see if its better or not
    Why not just watch reviews or game play after its already out to see if there are any big changes if you already know you don’t like the series?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not just watch reviews or game play after its already out to see if there are any big changes if you already know you don’t like the series?
    Because i dont care about reviews and I did watch all of the leaks, thats why i cancelled it. And i cant say i hate a series with only 1 game in it

You're asking someone who buys multiple copies of the same game like persona 5. If you're looking for logic you've come to the wrong place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You're asking someone who buys multiple copies of the same game like persona 5. If you're looking for logic you've come to the wrong place.
    “Wooow why would you buy dmc3 when 2 was terrible!!!”

“Wooow why would you buy dmc3 when 2 was terrible!!!”
    Yes pre ordering is the exact same thing as what you said.

Rather than wait and see if the follow up is better just assume it will be. K.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes pre ordering is the exact same thing as what you said.

Rather than wait and see if the follow up is better just assume it will be. K.
    The footage before the leaks showed the combat was more dynamic so it was already looking better. But I dont want to play as senator armstrong

The footage before the leaks showed the combat was more dynamic so it was already looking better. But I dont want to play as senator armstrong
    Right right.

They barely showed any combat at all so I dunno how you judged that so accurately