Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Not everything in an MMORPG must have gear progression (RPG) in it.

Do pet battles give you gear? No. But people play them. There is some progression in the form of collecting more and better pets. Well, PVP ratings are the same. They aren't gear, yet the numbers are in clear relation to each other. And they may give achievements, titles, consumables, transmog items, whatever.

I don't think "WoW is not a MOBA" is a big argument if we are talking about changes to PVP. For PVE, maybe, for PVP, not really. PVP is different from PVE in that people find fun in playing *against* each other, that's an endless stream of fun, unlike bosses. Would they play without gear rewards? Well, WoW devs think they wouldn't, but other games demonstrate that they will plenty - if PVP itself is good enough. Those who play MOBAs today might play both that and WoW PVP if WoW PVP is good and entertaining. Not sure what would be wrong in that.
    Gear is not the only "reward" in an RPG.
    The only rewards that aren't gear are locked to such extemely high ratings the majority of the player-base won't even bother.

People have no common sense.
    People want stuff out of their time as I said before. I shouldn't have to say it again.
    Gear is not the only "stuff".

Deleted
    I agree with what has been said here.... this is a game, playing should be fun... winning or losing should be secondary at best. You can give a little better reward to winning but it shouldn't be a huge difference..

So, you want great rewards for losing the battleground equivalent of LFR?

Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgit View Post
    Almost one hour AV versus the Russians.

Yes I know they always win and its best just to leave at the start, blah blah blah....

But we really tried and got to within 70 points by the end when they won on reinforcements....

Reward?

450 AP
    Solution: Don't play AV because of all the BGs its the worst for AP gain/hour.

Deleted
    LFR is easier... it is far less likely to "loose" in LFR than a random BG... I do believe losing a random BG shouldn't be a huge difference in reward than winning one... you spend the same amount of time.. it is mostly out of your hands and the odds of losing are just to great... again winning can have somewhat better reward.. just don't make it a huge difference..

If you should get rewards for losing, I should get legendaries and 895 pieces for depleting my key stones in mythic+. You want an easy fix? Don't PVP if it doesn't reward anything.

Casuls....kek

Even in Vanilla you still got better rewarded if you lost a BG (at least the honored kills were worth something)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mvr View Post
    If you should get rewards for losing, I should get legendaries and 895 pieces for depleting my key stones in mythic+. You want an easy fix? Don't PVP if it doesn't reward anything.

Casuls....kek
    You can get legendaries and good epics by depleting your key

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Solution: Don't play AV because of all the BGs its the worst for AP gain/hour.
    ^THIS

It's been that way since it's release

I do think casual pvp needs some sort of change, especially when some factions lose consistently. It's not as black and white as "participation trophy" or "just get better"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Even in Vanilla you still got better rewarded if you lost a BG (at least the honored kills were worth something)
    You got one Mark of that BG for losing, 3 for winning.

So yes, you got rewarded.