Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Istanbul Besiktas Turkey: Stadium blasts kill 38 people

A twin bomb attack on police offices outside a football stadium in Turkey's largest city, Istanbul, has killed 38 people and injured many more.A car bomb hit a police vehicle and a suicide bomber detonated a suicide vest in quick succession late on Saturday.
    The blasts occurred near the stadium of top-division team Besiktas, two hours after a match. Ten arrests were made.
    The government says initial findings point towards Kurdish militants, who have targeted police in the past.
    Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus told CNN Turk news channel that "arrows point" to the Kurdistan Worker's Party (PKK).
    Thirty of those killed in the attack were police officers, officials say.

A further 155 people were being treated in hospital, 14 of them in intensive care, health officials say.
    Photographs posted on Instagram after the explosion showed helmets strewn on a road and damaged vehicles.
    No group has said it was behind the attack but a wave of bombings in Turkey this year has been carried out both by the PKK and so-called Islamic State (IS), says the BBC's Mark Lowen in Istanbul.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the explosions "aimed to maximise casualties".
    But they came two hours after the end of the match between top teams Bursaspor at Besiktas at the Vodafone Arena.
    Local media reported that fans had already dispersed. Bursaspor posted on Twitter that it knew of no injuries to its supporters.

20 August: Bomb attack on wedding party in Gaziantep kills at least 30 people, IS suspected
    30 July: 35 Kurdish fighters who try to storm a military base are killed by the Turkish army
    29 June: A gun and bomb attack on Ataturk airport in Istanbul kills 41 people, in an attack blamed on IS militants
    13 March: 37 people are killed by Kurdish militants in a suicide car bombing in Ankara
    17 February: 28 people die in an attack on a military convoy in Ankara

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38276794

Turkey is getting rocked by terrorist attacks lately. My
    condolences to the families of the dead.

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    It's like the 5th news item here. That's how much people still care.

Not to say it's not horrible for the people in Turkey. It's absolutely horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38276794

Turkey is getting rocked by terrorist attacks lately. My
    condolences to the families of the dead.
    Yeah that seems like the PKK. They try and hit the police and little else.
    But doing it outside an arena is pretty messed up and seems like they wanted more out of it.

Happens way too often. Hope Turkey cracks down on the group who is responsible (radical Muslims or Kurds or both).

10+ Year Old Account
    you know, in the morning, checked the off-topic forums to see if there were any topics or not and to tell the truth, i didn't want to start one because i am so sick and tired of all these bullshit. welcome to middle-east ladies and gents.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Seems like MMO-C's favorite freedom fighters, PKK, is responsible. @Acidbaron, jerkoff material for you, some "oppressive Turks" removed.

@Ulmita, you can start jacking off too

It's not from the West so almost none here will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Seems like MMO-C's favorite freedom fighters, PKK, is responsible. @Acidbaron, jerkoff material for you, some "oppressive Turks" removed.

Jacking off to what? Human death and suffering? I may not like Erdogan but i am not a monster.

Why can't Turkey make peace with PKK? That conflict has been going on for so long.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Why can't Turkey make peace with PKK? That conflict has been going on for so long.
    Why don't you make peace with Al-Qaeda?

10+ Year Old Account

My opposition to one act of violence and how to handle terrorism does in no way ever condone violence. At most i have said that i can understand the reasoning behind the retaliation and understand both sides which apparently for a nationalist turk like you is something hard to swallow, since that's what happens when you can no longer look at both sides.

It is rather sad that you who claim to have respect for your fellow turks are able to show so little by using their deaths as some sort of forum game to score points.

Now if you don't mind, leave me out of your childish forum games, or i'll simply put you ignore if you can't help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Go read their history dude. Turks invaded and massacred / genocide them into oblivion, and occupied their lands. Kurds since they have no country and unified military cant fight back besides these (100% despicable) acts of terror. Turks call Kurds terrorists in the same way Israelis call Palestinians terrorists.

However, noone is asking what drives those people to do such things. I don't excuse them for such acts, however i feel that in order for this thing to end both sides need to sit down and meet in the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It is rather sad that you who claim to have respect for your fellow turks are able to show so little by using their deaths as some sort of forum game to score points.

Now if you don't mind, leave me out of your childish forum games, or i'll simply put you ignore if you can't help yourself.

Don't pay attention to him, he is trying bellow the belt hits in every chance he finds, even if he has to use retarded means.

My opposition to one act of violence and how to handle terrorism does in no way ever condone violence. At most i have said that i can understand the reasoning behind the retaliation and understand both sides which apparently for a nationalist turk like you is something hard to swallow, since that's what happens when you can no longer look at both sides.
    So you try to understand PKK, but not ISIS? Where is love for ISIS? I am sure they have some reasons too. Never seen you once claiming how you try to understand ISIS. You are just a sheep, like rest of majority of Europeans. Your perspectives are shaped by your "free" media, which has an obvious agenda. That's why you don't want to understand the "reasons" of ISIS, whereas you just seem to try so so hard for an equally brutal terrorist organization that is PKK.

Scoring points? Who the fuck do you think you are to me? You are just a clever guy who sees the good in PKK which Turks, who are targets of their attacks, somehow fail to see. Here is your good PKK doing more good, that's all I wanted to point out.

or i'll simply put you ignore if you can't help yourself.
    Go a head. I couldn't care less.

- - - Updated - - -

However, noone is asking what drives those people to do such things. I don't excuse them for such acts, however i feel that in order for this thing to end both sides need to sit down and meet in the middle.
    Why don't we meet in middle with ISIS too?

Why in the world no one suggests understanding ISIS, whereas everybody tries SO hard to understand PKK?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-12-11 at 01:57 PM.

Why don't we meet in middle with ISIS too?

Why in the world no one suggests understanding ISIS, whereas everybody tries SO hard to understand PKK?
    Because you are comparing apples with oranges, thats why.

Because you are comparing apples with oranges, thats why.
    No. The actual reason is PKK is not a threat to West, whereas ISIS is. PKK is also useful for halting the development of a country with potential at the doors of Europe, just like Russia. This is why the sheeps like @Acidbaron and you, don't get fed how bad a terrorist organization PKK is by your media, in fact, they tell stories about their oppression (which some are true) and how progressive they are. Your sympathy towards PKK is completely built up by your media, not by facts found in scholarly work.

[QUOTE=Ulmita;43713191]Go read their history dude. Turks invaded and massacred / genocide them into oblivion, and occupied their lands. Kurds since they have no country and unified military cant fight back besides these (100% despicable) acts of terror. Turks call Kurds terrorists in the same way Israelis call Palestinians terrorists.

[/QUOTE=Ulmita;43713191]

- - - Updated - - -

This shows you know nothing about the history you are shitting about. Turks came to the region around 11th century, within 500 years they took control of the region along with some European soil. Where is the genocides during this time you're talking about? Show us the proof. Taking control of new land of course requires some bloodshed between the two sides but after that, nothing happened. After 1923, when new country was founded, some kurdish rebels tried to take adventage of the situation and weakness and rose up against the state, so they were shut down. Then what? For years, people lived in peace until those pkk pigs you are glorifying here started to uprise. That terrorists killed more kurdish people more than total of Turks ever did. You're no better than the suicide bombers yourself, praising the terrorists. If you love them that much, go join them and root in whatever kind of hell do you believe.
    Last edited by Nazerdam; 2016-12-11 at 02:14 PM.

Northern Ireland used to have a lot of terrorism problems, Catholics versus Protestants which might seem silly from a Muslim perspective. Lots and lots of bad blood. Anyway one day they sat down and talked and worked things out to the point were they stopped killing each other. They weren't so far apart that they couldn't do this.

US and al Qeada are pretty far apart but I don't see Turkey and PKK being that far apart.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

No. The actual reason is PKK is not a threat to West, whereas ISIS is. PKK is also useful for halting the development of a country with potential at the doors of Europe, just like Russia. This is why the sheeps like @Acidbaron and you, don't get fed how bad a terrorist organization PKK is by your media, in fact, they tell stories about their oppression (which some are true indeed) and how progressive they are. Your sympathy towards PKK is completely built up by your media, not by facts found scholarly work.
    So do we completely ignore the fact that you are effectively occupying their lands (for them at least) after several massacres? Are we really the sheep here Kunt?
    As i said i don't excuse any acts of violence of any kind, but then you can't just look at one side to draw conclusions.

Am i missing something here?

So do we completely ignore the fact that you are effectively occupying their lands (for them at least) after several massacres? Are we really the sheep here Kunt?
    As i said i don't excuse any acts of violence of any kind, but then you can't just look at one side to draw conclusions.

Am i missing something here?
    First, I love how you have nothing to say and just shift the topic. The topic is why there is lack of sympathy for ISIS whereas it's in abundance for PKK. Second, Turkey's borders are legal and is accepted by United Nations.