We all have to take a shit sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We all have to take a shit sometime...
    Yes, in a toilet, or in woods necessary.
    You don't put it on a pedestal and proclaim it to the world that it's a single greatest piece of Modern art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Yes, in a toilet, or in woods necessary.
    You don't put it on a pedestal and proclaim it to the world that it's a single greatest piece of Modern art.
    No, you raise it as your own child.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

TLJ is the best star wars film to date. dont @ me

Shocked. I'm shocked I tell you.

Half of Last Jedi Haters were Bots, Trolls, Activists

“Overall, 50.9 percent of those tweeting negatively was likely politically motivated or not even human,” Bay wrote. He said they appeared to be using the debate around “The Last Jedi to propagate political messages supporting extreme right-wing causes and the discrimination of gender, race or sexuality.”

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I’m actually surprised, worst movie ever made in the history of film.

"When you face criticism, claim they are Russian bots!"

I'm honestly laughing.

Deleted
    Next, "BFA criticism is mostly due to ewul ruski bots, no fault of Blizzard"

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    "When you face criticism, claim they are Russian bots!"

I'm honestly laughing.
    It's a Reuters article, not some youtuber making the claim.

I mean, I get that many people really really didn't like this movie. But this demonstrates the delusion some people have that there's some massive quantity of outraged fans that are influencing Disney's decisions on the franchise is pretty much that. People think because they find some youtubers that agree with them that they're suddenly a large group.

I mean, I get that many people really really didn't like this movie. But this demonstrates the delusion some people have that there's some massive quantity of outraged fans that are influencing Disney's decisions on the franchise is pretty much that. People think because they find some youtubers that agree with them that they're suddenly a large group.
    Its pretty quantifiable when you look at the track record of the movies. Force Awakens and Rogue One were solid movies, TLJ benefited from that. Solo was an entertaining movie, yet it suffered from TLJ's poor performance. I didn't even watch Solo in theaters and I am a huge star wars fan, well maybe was a huge star wars fan is more accurate. I only just saw it monday because a friend bought it. Episode 9 will be the true test but I'm expecting that to not even hit 1B, which with how much they paid for star wars would be a loss.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the difference?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What's the difference?
    I'll assume you are being facetious because if you're actually being serious... I can't help you.

I'll assume you are being facetious because if you're actually being serious... I can't help you.
    Bay looked at tweets aimed directly at Johnson. That hardly qualifies as a study looking into the actual criticism. Also, while I hold Reuters in higher esteem than youtube, the use of the term 'hater' in the headline indicates at a rather skewered perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Bay looked at tweets aimed directly at Johnson. That hardly qualifies as a study looking into the actual criticism. Also, while I hold Reuters in higher esteem than youtube, the use of the term 'hater' in the headline indicates at a rather skewered perspective.
    Why? I presume the use of the term hater was to ascribe a particular type of folk that claimed dislike for the movie. You know, like the people that piss on WoW even though they don't play anymore - "haters".

Deleted
    The paper:

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...a_manipulation

Russian trolls... prefer the Twitter web client over the mobile client.
    And later:
    The literature suggests
    that Russian trolls primarily use mobile apps for Twitter posts, and thus auto-correct and word
    suggestion on smartphones disguise any poor English skills to an extent.
    Yeah the contradiction is a small thing, but irritating.

It's a Reuters article, not some youtuber making the claim. I mean, I get that many people really really didn't like this movie. But this demonstrates the delusion some people have that there's some massive quantity of outraged fans that are influencing Disney's decisions on the franchise is pretty much that. People think because they find some youtubers that agree with them that they're suddenly a large group.
    CNET says differently; No, half of The Last Jedi haters were not Russian trolls

Numerous reports say The Last Jedi negativity was influenced by Russian bots and trolls, but the reality is far different.

In this day and age, embroiled as we are in the "culture wars", it's tempting to take this news at face value. To scream voicelessly into the social media void.

But when you break down the numbers and look deeper, the reality is stunningly different: Star Wars does not have a Russian troll problem and the fan backlash is far more complex than the reports might have you believe.

If you're not up to speed, a prepublication research paper, written by Morten Bay at the University of Southern California, analyzed the sentiment toward The Last Jedi by studying tweets directed at Rian Johnson between the release of the film on Dec. 13, 2017 and July 20, 2018.

Bay is a research fellow at the Center for the Digital Future at USC and has previously written on social media policy in the Trump era, Russian bots, fake news, journalism in social media and social media ethics. He is also a Star Wars fan.

Of the 967 tweets analyzed, 206 expressed "a negative sentiment" toward the film and its director.

Of the 206 negative comments, 61 were real people reported to have a political agenda, 11 were bots and only 33 appeared to be trolls. Of those 33, just 16 appeared to possess characteristics consistent with Russian troll accounts. In reality, less than one in 10 tweets were from Russian trolls -- nowhere near the 50 percent being widely reported.

In reality, less than one in 10 tweets were from Russian trolls -- nowhere near the 50 percent being widely reported.
    Don't let reality kill the scapegoat!!! Its rather laughable that a "study" with such a limited scope is having its data twisted to try and downplay criticism of the movie.

The fundamentals of a good story were there, but the execution was awful.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

CNET says differently; No, half of The Last Jedi haters were not Russian trolls

Numerous reports say The Last Jedi negativity was influenced by Russian bots and trolls, but the reality is far different.

In this day and age, embroiled as we are in the "culture wars", it's tempting to take this news at face value. To scream voicelessly into the social media void.

But when you break down the numbers and look deeper, the reality is stunningly different: Star Wars does not have a Russian troll problem and the fan backlash is far more complex than the reports might have you believe.

If you're not up to speed, a prepublication research paper, written by Morten Bay at the University of Southern California, analyzed the sentiment toward The Last Jedi by studying tweets directed at Rian Johnson between the release of the film on Dec. 13, 2017 and July 20, 2018.

Bay is a research fellow at the Center for the Digital Future at USC and has previously written on social media policy in the Trump era, Russian bots, fake news, journalism in social media and social media ethics. He is also a Star Wars fan.

Of the 967 tweets analyzed, 206 expressed "a negative sentiment" toward the film and its director.

Of the 206 negative comments, 61 were real people reported to have a political agenda, 11 were bots and only 33 appeared to be trolls. Of those 33, just 16 appeared to possess characteristics consistent with Russian troll accounts. In reality, less than one in 10 tweets were from Russian trolls -- nowhere near the 50 percent being widely reported.
    Wow interesting turn of events.

"We are the spark, that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down"

"That’s how we’re gonna win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love"

*Turns Luke into a nephew killing monster because he gets a bad feeling*

This script seems kind of unoriginal/crap

"Sexist bot!"