Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t know if he’s weaker because of the robot bits I think he might be holding him self back subconsciously. In one of the last Vader comics we see him have a vision of him killing the emperor and turning him self into obi-wan and being forgiven. I think he hates him self to much at this point to want forgiveness and thus follows the emperor instead out of some kind of self loathing.
    Definitely interesting logic. Could be partly true, but I've never read commentary on it. The confirmed reason is that his potential is weakened due to his injuries. With that said, here's a quote directly from Lucas:

"Anakin, as Skywalker, as a human being, was going to be extremely powerful,” he says. “But he ended up losing his legs and an arm and became partly a robot. So a lot of his ability to use the Force, a lot of his powers, are curbed at this point, because, as a living form, there’s not that much of him left. So his ability to be twice as good as the Emperor disappeared, and now he’s maybe 20 percent less than him."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2005...ge-lucas-story

He's said similar things to this a few times (this just being one example)--that due to him being less "living" and more "robot" his force potential is gone. Still quite strong though.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Definitely interesting logic. Could be partly true, but I've never read commentary on it. The confirmed reason is that his potential is weakened due to his injuries. With that said, here's a quote directly from Lucas:

"Anakin, as Skywalker, as a human being, was going to be extremely powerful,” he says. “But he ended up losing his legs and an arm and became partly a robot. So a lot of his ability to use the Force, a lot of his powers, are curbed at this point, because, as a living form, there’s not that much of him left. So his ability to be twice as good as the Emperor disappeared, and now he’s maybe 20 percent less than him."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2005...ge-lucas-story

He's said similar things to this a few times (this just being one example)--that due to him being less "living" and more "robot" his force potential is gone. Still quite strong though.
    Hmmm I wonder if Disney will change that then because Maul got cut in half her he didn’t seem to get any weaker. If any thing maul got stronger as he was still able to keep up with obi-wan after obi had a few more years of experience.

Hmmm I wonder if Disney will change that then because Maul got cut in half her he didn’t seem to get any weaker. If any thing maul got stronger as he was still able to keep up with obi-wan after obi had a few more years of experience.
    Vader's suit is built to intentionally be a burden to him, to a point that there are Imperial officers with literal 'kill switches' that render it offline.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Vader's suit is built to intentionally be a burden to him, to a point that there are Imperial officers with literal 'kill switches' that render it offline.
    That’s something Disney seems to be changing to as in the last Vader comic it’s shown that he worked on his suit him self. Which doesn’t really make sense as the Vader series before this one did show the kill switch.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2017-10-21 at 04:33 PM.

That’s something Disney seems to be changing to as in the last Vader comic it’s shown that he worked on his suit him self. Which doesn’t really make sense as the Vader series before this one did show the kill switch.
    It is actually from Disney era comic that's not even all too long ago where an Imperial officer actually did just that, turned Vader's suit off.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It is actually from Disney era comic that's not even all too long ago where an Imperial officer actually did just that, turned Vader's suit off.
    Ya it’s from the 2015 run which is why it seems odd that Disney would make it so be modified his own suit in the 2017 run. Unless he just missed the kill switch some how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maul was remade (and probably enhanced) through dark side sorcery by Mother Talzin, like his brother Savage Opress. Maybe that's an explanation. Though in the Clone Wars we never saw Maul doing anything extraordinary with the Force. His mastery of the Force is not on Dooku's level. And since the Jedi don't use the Force for direct offense, it's hard to compare Maul's and Obi Wan's mastery of the Force by their combat skills.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are so much people hyped about this shitty films which are just a remake of the original trilogy?

I just don´t get what is so good about them?

Is is that they get wet about having a female main actress? Is it about having a black supporting act?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Why are so much people hyped about this shitty films which are just a remake of the original trilogy?

I just don´t get what is so good about them?

Is is that they get wet about having a female main actress? Is it about having a black supporting act?
    people like starwars people want more of it. sure the first one might have had the same base story as the original but it still head enouth differences to make it interesting and building off where the story of the first trilogy ended makes it so much more interesting.

not sure why any one could care about a female main actress or a black side character though.

people like starwars people want more of it. sure the first one might have had the same base story as the original but it still head enouth differences to make it interesting and building off where the story of the first trilogy ended makes it so much more interesting.

not sure why any one could care about a female main actress or a black side character though.
    People like @Tabrotar care, and since he went there right off the bat I think everyone can figure out why he doesn't like the new Star Wars. Sad!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

Sorry to bicker about an off topic issue, but i still can't stand this grammatic mistake...

it is enouGH, not enouTH.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    I saw TFA in theaters. I was satisfied then because Disney didn't fuck up as monumentally as I anticipated.
    In retrospect, not so much.

TLJ doesn't even look appealing in the slightest because none of the characters I was introduced to in TFA caught my attention or are even remotely noteworthy compared to figures like Vader or even Han Solo, who was just a lowly smuggler in the first installment.

Want me to notice your new characters Disney? Start by giving them an identity of their own, or an identity in the first place.
    Rebels characters? Yawn. Rogue One characters? less depth than a fucking mountain peak.
    'But the characters are female and of multiple ethnicities!'
    Guess what 'progressive' Disney executives, Star Wars already did that in the 70s.

As shit as the prequels were, atleast they had a unique vision and take on things, which brought depth to this universe in subsequent platforms such as TV and comics.
    Make A Star Wars Story about cashgrabs, it'll enrich the universe more than a failed draft regarding a recast smuggler.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-10-21 at 11:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I saw TFA awakens in theaters. I was satisfied then because Disney didn't fuck up as monumentally as I anticipated.
    In retrospect, not so much.

TLJ doesn't even look appealing in the slightest because none of the characters I was introduced to in TFA caught my attention or are even remotely noteworthy compared to figures like Vader or even Han Solo, who was just a lowly smuggler in the first installment.

Want me to notice your new characters Disney? Start by giving them an identity of their own, or an identity in the first place.
    Rebels characters? Yawn. Rogue One characters? less depth than a fucking mountain peak.
    'But the characters are female and of multiple ethnicities!'
    Guess what 'progressive' Disney executives, Star Wars already did that in the 70s.

As shit as the prequels were, atleast they had a unique vision and take on things, which brought depth to this universe in subsequent platforms such as TV and comics.
    Make A Star Wars Story about cashgrabs, it'll enrich the universe more than a failed draft regarding a recast smuggler.
    i have to kinda agree alot of the force awakens characters don't have much character. the only one who really does is kylo and hes probably my favorite part of the new movies even if he is a horrible emo.

Deleted
    i have to kinda agree alot of the force awakens characters don't have much character. the only one who really does is kylo and hes probably my favorite part of the new movies even if he is a horrible emo.
    Atleast Kylo Ren can be identified as 'that horrible emo'.

Poe? 'That rebel pilot' oh yeah sure clears things up.
    Finn? 'That stormtrooper'. What's so unique about that? 'He's a turncloak'. So he's not a stormtrooper anymore? '...touché'
    Maz? 'That alien pira... wise old pers...'

Kylo Ren actually did something noteworthy which made you interested about what happens to him next.

7+ Year Old Account

But that was one of the most reported things that the movie had a female lead and a black support act as if that was the most important thing about this excuse of a star wars movie. Not that is was a fucking retelling of A New Hope or that it had as much depth as a transformer movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Atleast Kylo Ren can be identified as 'that horrible emo'.

Poe? 'That rebel pilot' oh yeah sure clears things up.
    Finn? 'That stormtrooper'. What's so unique about that? 'He's a turncloak'. So he's not a stormtrooper anymore? '...touché'
    Maz? 'That alien pira... wise old pers...'

Kylo Ren actually did something noteworthy which made you interested about what happens to him next.
    its funny but i think bb8 might have more character then rey or peo or finn.

- - - Updated - - -

But that was one of the most reported things that the movie had a female lead and a black support act as if that was the most important thing about this excuse of a star wars movie. Not that is was a fucking retelling of A New Hope or that it had as much depth as a transformer movie.
    i don't remember seeing any thing about a female lead or a black support at all before the movie released and the only thing i saw after words were people complaining about it. and retelling a new hope isn't a bad idea to draw in younger people who probably haven't seen it while not alienating older people like the prequels did while also bringing a little bit of fresh air with and twist like with kylo and han.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

i don't remember seeing any thing about a female lead or a black support at all before the movie released and the only thing i saw after words were people complaining about it. and retelling a new hope isn't a bad idea to draw in younger people who probably haven't seen it while not alienating older people like the prequels did while also bringing a little bit of fresh air with and twist like with kylo and han.
    Not for me after i had read the script (as someone posted it in the thread back then) and realised that it really was just a retelling i was not going to give disney any money whatsoever i just torrented it and after i had watched it i was sad about the wasted time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not for me after i had read the script (as someone posted it in the thread back then) and realised that it really was just a retelling i was not going to give disney any money whatsoever i just torrented it and after i had watched it i was sad about the wasted time.
    don't watch the next one i guess then. i enjoyed it for what it is and i'm looking forward to the next one, i'm not gonna say there great ground breaking movies but there good enough that i still get enjoyment out of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good for you then i stand firm in my distain of the way disney is going with the franchise (propably since they scrapped the whole EU/AU) and the whole "every year a movie" thing.

Nothing is more sad than a announcment that they´re going to milk the franchise as much as they canand almost everyone is applauding them.

Deleted
    Atleast BB-8 is the thing that immediately pops up in everyone's mind when you say 'soccer droid'.