Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump picks Tom Price to head Health and Human Services

Here is the entire article: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...rs-interests1/

Some keypoints:

• Opposed efforts to reduce doctors' payments for practices
    • Opposed bill that would reduce background checks for new doctors
    • Fierce critic of Obamacare
    • Opposed efforts to reduce costs of chemotherapy and knee/hip replacements
    • Tries to impose federal controls on medical malpractice suits
    • Within a few days, more than 4800 physicians signed a petition against his appointment
    • They fear his policies will make healthcare even more inaccessible for those who need it the most
    • Price’s alternative includes health care saving accounts to help individuals pay for health insurance
    • Bill also includes fine print calling for “lawsuit abuse reforms” that would allow the HHS secretary to give states money to create tribunals to review malpractice claims. The process would make it more difficult for patients to prove medical error, setting the standard at “gross negligence.”

Seeing Mr Trump's current line-up and now his recent pick for something as important as healthcare, I feel really bad for the less fortunate citizens of the USA.
    Last edited by Arenis; 2016-12-13 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted
    America reaps what it sows. Yall deserve it.

Coming to you in 2017:
    - No more free healthcare
    - Higher prices for doctors
    - Higher prices for medicine
    - No more malpractise lawsuits
    - and a whoooole lot of dead people.

Can you imagine the face of the republican with testicular cancer that just heard he has to pay 400.000 dollars or he wont get help and he will die an agonizing death because his private insurance only coveres longue, liver, bone and brain cancer? Hahahaha. Karma is a bitch.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-12-13 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    The whole country deserves what 20% of the population voted for. You're just the most rational thinking person out there aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh those low-income Trump supporters -- It's a good thing they're against government handouts. I expect to see so many GoFundMe posts for their medical bills over the next four years with this guy in charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can say

He came at a price

*sunglasses*

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oh those low-income Trump supporters -- It's a good thing they're against government handouts. I expect to see so many GoFundMe posts for their medical bills over the next four years with this guy in charge.
    The vast majority of Trump voters were from the suburbs. He also won the white male college educated vote AND the white women college educated vote.

The vast majority of Clinton voters were from the cities. These areas are full of no-income, welfare-income, under educated voters.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I guess you can say

He came at a price

*sunglasses*

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    You cheeky bastard.

I am glad there'll be more focus on HSA accounts as I'm a big fan of those, otherwise I don't care too much as I've been to the doctors 3 times in the last decade and don't really give a fuck about the industry. I'll leave that to people more vested into it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The whole country deserves what 20% of the population voted for. You're just the most rational thinking person out there aren't you?
    Yes, we do.

We are just a culpable as everyone else. And no, you don't get to wash the stink off just because you didn't participate. You still reek.

10+ Year Old Account
    This point should be stressed. Trump was americas 3rd choice.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This point should be stressed. Trump was americas 3rd choice.
    No one, Clinton, then Trump?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yes, we do.

We are just a culpable as everyone else. And no, you don't get to wash the stink off just because you didn't participate. You still reek.
    Leave it up to FL man to think this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    No one, Clinton, then Trump?
    Really what they should get is nothing. Apparently an empty controller is preferable to playing with a person
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Agreed. People will come in here and defend how they didn't vote for him or how Hillary won the popular vote. It doesn't matter. He still won.

People can donate, volunteer, help register, encourage turnout, etc. I doubt most of the complainers did any of that.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Leave it up to FL man to think this way.
    So much for personal responsibility.

Nice jab about where I'm at. Want me to post a picture of my walk home so you can feel awesome about where you live?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Az long az it ain't non that O'bamurcare I'm fine wit it. Him and them damn liberal medias done went and messed up the whole system for poor folk like me. President Trump is goin us right, I tell ya."

I feel sorry for the people who honestly believed that Trump would help them get ahead in life. Or are all these people, including Trump, supposed to do 180s on how they conducted business their entire lives?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole country is going to have to deal with what 20% of the population voted for. And it's not because "no one voted for the other person!"

I have yet to see one Trump appointment, save for that guy with actual military experience, that hasn't been laughably bad.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Agreed. People will come in here and defend how they didn't vote for him or how Hillary won the popular vote. It doesn't matter. He still won.

People can donate, volunteer, help register, encourage turnout, etc. I doubt most of the complainers did any of that.
    I did all I could,

I never voted Hillary for the primary that's for damn sure.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    The vast majority of Trump voters were from the suburbs. He also won the white male college educated vote AND the white women college educated vote.

The vast majority of Clinton voters were from the cities. These areas are full of no-income, welfare-income, under educated voters.
    Gonna need a source, seeing as every source I could find indicated better educated people voted for Clinton.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Fantastic pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    "Az long az it ain't non that O'bamurcare I'm fine wit it. Him and them damn liberal medias done went and messed up the whole system for poor folk like me. President Trump is goin us right, I tell ya."

I feel sorry for the people who honestly believed that Trump would help them get ahead in life. Or are all these people, including Trump, supposed to do 180s on how they conducted business their entire lives?
    Trump is content to do 180s on every position (drain the swamp, no lobbyists, etc) he's had EXCEPT for "how he's done business."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Fantastic pick.
    Fantastic pick? You don't even know who this guy is.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.