Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    According to the bureau of labor statistics the number of married women with children under the age of 15 who stay at home has been hovering between 23 - 30% since 1999 with only around 10% or so reporting to be happy with the situation. Also the age at which women have children is now around 34 - 35, quotas say nothing about intellect it is to balance ingrained imbalances in society.

In a perfect world nepotism and office politics would not exist but they do and they need to be balanced out somehow even if it is with an unfair system.
    This final sentence is false. Two wrongs do not make a right. The better option would be to change the promotion process to focus as much as possible on the qualifications. NOT Quotas, and no quotas don't directly relate to intelligence, however there is no doubt that it provides an unfair advantage to the underdog and plenty of people are actually hurt by this because they are being accepted into things that they are not qualified for.

I question the final percentage in regards to happiness. Please provide the link for me, I would like to look into that.

That still doesn't cover all the reasons that play into who becomes CEO and even how far women get into a specific field. A blanket cover of office politics is the reason doesn't cover it, and only plays into a small reason into the question.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

I'll take them seriously when they push for parity in all jobs dominated by men. Not just the cushy ones with high pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Yeah no. We don't need one privileged group getting all the top jobs.
    yes let's hire less qualified candidates for the sake of diversity, GREAT LOGIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'll take them seriously when they push for parity in all jobs dominated by men. Not just the cushy ones with high pay.
    LOL! So true. However, you have to admit, women being taken seriously and given equal rights in non-cushy jobs they actually WANT to do has been an issue. Military service is a huge issue for women in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    This reminds me of when people were suggesting to allow women to be drafted in the fight for equal rights and these same women who want these comfy jobs freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    This reminds me of when people were suggesting to allow women to be drafted in the fight for equal rights and these same women who want these comfy jobs freaked out.
    Regardless of gender, no one should be drafted. That needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    Doesn't make the statement any less true.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    Women are in the military, albeit not as much as men, but they are there.

Or were you referring to something else? And unless the volunteer service is able to keep up with the demands that it receives, I imagine drafts might have to happen.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    Women are in the military, albeit not as much as men, but they are there.

Or were you referring to something else? And unless the volunteer service is able to keep up with the demands that it receives, I imagine drafts might have to happen.
    I was referring to the draft. Serving in the military should be a choice, regardless of gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wow so you don't want underprivileged groups to have a chance of success? That is exactly what these policies are about and I for one support it.
    Sure must be nice to live in that field of straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    This final sentence is false. Two wrongs do not make a right. The better option would be to change the promotion process to focus as much as possible on the qualifications. NOT Quotas, and no quotas don't directly relate to intelligence, however there is no doubt that it provides an unfair advantage to the underdog and plenty of people are actually hurt by this because they are being accepted into things that they are not qualified for.
    You are asking for the impossible the government cannot start invading private businesses, let's not forget this article is businesses doing this on their own. We have no way to stop nepotism using the federal government or laws, we can only put pressure on them so that they feel the need for diversity.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/24/inve...ne-leadership/

http://fortune.com/2015/01/14/why-so-few-women-ceos/

I'm sure you were just about to mention, that the draft suggestion for women was done by feminists, right? Right?

Yes, there are men who are feminists, but before you even attempt to imply it was men who suggested that kind of equality, only to have women decline it, you can stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm sure you were just about to mention, that the draft suggestion for women was done by feminists, right? Right?

Yes, there are men who are feminists, but before you even attempt to imply it was men who suggested that kind of equality, only to have women decline it, you can stop.
    Because umad at facts they should stop coming? lmao

Because umad at facts they should stop coming? lmao
    No, you can stop before you could get to lying about that. Seemed rather obvious that it was your intention with your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    No, you can stop before you could get to lying about that. Seemed rather obvious that it was your intention with your comment.

If you feel too lazy to write yourself, I might consider secretarys job. Not for cheap tho.

Last week was big for the pull between work and family.

On Wednesday more than two dozen executives at companies such as Bank of America Corp. and LinkedIn Corp. signed a pledge to get more women out of the home and into our nation’s boardrooms. The goal of this initiative, entitled Paradigm for Parity, is to have women represent 50% of the “upper echelons” by 2030. Only then, these advocates believe, will America have achieved equality.
    i dunno what you guys are arguing about here, but all this means is that some suits decided to get more women interested in pursuing career goals and aspiring to become CEOs. it got nothing to do with hiring women just to meet some quota to improve equality... and the rest of the article talks about why thats unlikely to happen...