Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    As much as I hate Comcast, that tech was in the right, and all those morons got what they deserve.
    So if one of those drivers killed someone in an accident who was not being reckless at all, you'd be just fine with that? It isn't like dumb asses only ever kill themselves you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Looks like bunch of morons driving with summer tires in snow and driving faster than weather conditions allow.
    But that is not why the wreck occurred.

The truck rearended the car because the car was moving so slow (you really don't need 4-5 car lengths between you and a school bus when you are moving at that speed. The bus was moving faster than that car ffs). This caused the truck driver to brake suddenly and slide. Car wouldn't have been moving so slow if they were not driving too defensively and they would not have been driving too defensively if a two lane road wasn't shut down to a 1 lane road. Truck wouldn't have had to brake suddenly if there was proper warning.

Comes back to the technicians every time.

What makes it look even worse is the express for concern and the contempt and childish behavior on display along with the complete lack of effort to do anything at all to avoid incident.

Seems like it was a combination of them driving too fast and the comcast people not recognizing that nobody could possibly see them until already at the top of the hill.

Idiocy compounding idiocy.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Was it an actual Comcast employee, or a Contractor for Comcast?

(Contractors tend to do more damage instead of building, maintaining or fixing problems.)
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Man... really takes a certain kind of A-hole to look at an accident and not do something more to prevent further crashes. Sure, he may or may not have been meeting the minimum standards for what he was required to do, but that's just basic human decency.

It's like seeing someone dangling from a cliff and just doing nothing besides shrugging, saying, "shouldn't have walked so close to the edge. Have fun falling you idiot,"

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Oh look, bad drivers all about but noo its the working mans fault...Stay classy america.
    Yeah. Quick, sue the company and the city for couple millions, because why not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I mean the comcast guy could have shown some human decency and done a little bit more than the bare minimum he had to do to mark where he was.

Were the drivers stupid? Yes but the comcast guys total apathy for the destruction happening around him was disgusting.

Oh yeah, because you know, they actually have a case

Because Comcast is just stellar. The company that adds on extra fees for no reason. The company that bills you for nothing and hopes you pay for it. The company that literally has an entire wikipedia page on how shit comcast is. The company that renames customers bad names because why not. The company that got hit with the biggest FCC fine for a cable company.

The day I got comcast, they gave me a prototype receiver without even notifying me or telling me, then had the gall to bill me extra and send me a remote that doesnt even work for that prototype. If I wanted it removed and a new one, it would cost me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean the comcast guy could have shown some human decency and done a little bit more than the bare minimum he had to do to mark where he was.

Were the drivers stupid? Yes but the comcast guys total apathy for the destruction happening around him was disgusting.
    The drivers couldn't drive worth crap. And should have their licenses revoked. The comcast guy should have called a police.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Oh yeah, because you know, they actually have a case

Because Comcast is just stellar. The company that adds on extra fees for no reason. The company that bills you for nothing and hopes you pay for it. The company that literally has an entire wikipedia page on how shit comcast is. The company that renames customers bad names because why not. The company that got hit with the biggest FCC fine for a cable company.

The day I got comcast, they gave me a prototype receiver without even notifying me or telling me, then had the gall to bill me extra and send me a remote that doesnt even work for that prototype. If I wanted it removed and a new one, it would cost me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Their other practices are irrelevant to this case. No, they don't have a case in any sane country for driving recklessly. That's not the fault of the company at all.

The drivers couldn't drive worth crap. And should have their licenses revoked. The comcast guy should have called a police.
    You seem to only be capable of identifying a single side of a multifaceted problem :/

You seem to only be capable of identifying a single side of a multifaceted problem :/
    No you seem mistaken. This is Gen-OT, where trump is literally the end of the Earth, and Comcast is the pinnacle of human decency

Did you watch the video? I watched, and I've never seen that bad driving so far. The cones were placed just fine for an example.

Did you watch the video? I watched, and I've never seen that bad driving so far. The cones were placed just fine for an example.
    So the comcast guy COULDN'T have done anything better at all?

Pity a vehicle didn't skid into that twat's truck while he was talking in his cherry picker... guess it's too much effort to put a "Road Works", or whatever, sign like 100-200m ahead [especially on top of the hill] instead of a pitiful bunch of cones 20m from the truck.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-12-15 at 11:36 AM.

So the comcast guy COULDN'T have done anything better at all?
    He could have; called a police. What miracles are you expecting he should have done? Run on the road to stop the cars crashing with space magic, without being run over and killed, by, you know, those reckless speeders sliding all over the place?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I think they have more important things to do than babysit dumb ass drivers.
    I liked the bit where he said "is that cable more important?"

And I kept thinking "Yeah, somewhere in that village there is a 14 year old sitting in a basement going mental because he can't play WoW... to him it is!"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

He could have; called a police. What miracles are you expecting he should have done? Run on the road to stop the cars crashing with space magic, without being run over and killed, by, you know, those reckless speeders sliding all over the place?
    Can I study you? This complete inability to comprehend basic human decency is fascinating.

What any sane person would do in a case like this is mark the TOP of the hill. And even if he didn't originally, he SHOULD have marked the top of the hill after what the 4th or 5th crash. Because even if it's NOT his fault, it's the decent and responsible thing to do.

Honestly. This black and white perspective that people have today, I can't decide whether it's a sign of social regression or willful ignorance anymore.

I cannot see anything wrong in the positioning of his cones, all I see is lots of drivers who shouldn't be allowed to drive due to incompetence and being a danger to everyone around them.

While I agree that the drivers are all driving too fast the obstacle does cause drivers to react quickly do to the location in relation to the hill. after seeing. Multiple ppl lose control of their vehicle should have triggered the technician to increase his "cones" by number or spread them out further. He was being a bit of a tool about as well.

Can I study you? This complete inability to comprehend basic human decency is fascinating.

What any sane person would do in a case like this is mark the TOP of the hill. And even if he didn't originally, he SHOULD have marked the top of the hill after what the 4th or 5th crash. Because even if it's NOT his fault, it's the decent and responsible thing to do.

Honestly. This black and white perspective that people have today, I can't decide whether it's a sign of social regression or willful ignorance anymore.
    I don't know how it all works where you live, but here where there are crashes, the police are called to handle it.

There was plenty of space to see the cones, and slow down in advance. Again, bad driving wasn't the comcast guys fault.