Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Super extensive research you did on an incredibly complex topic.
    Nothing complex about bigotry.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'll trade ya. As it turns out, being a Ryan brother means you keep getting jobs. These fucking guys:

As much as I want Marvin gone, I remember what the 90s Bengals were like.

I grew up going to those games with my family. Is there any wonder why i'm meloncholic as an adult?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I watched pretty half-assedly to be honest. Their website sure does. Grambling won this year. Off topic, but I just noticed that Grambling's White Tiger (a movie about the first white QB at Grambling) starred Bruce Jenner and is now pretty funny:
    You'd think with all their wins they could afford to renovate their damn dorms and academic buildings.

I have several friends who attended Grambling, and the campus condition is just really outrageous.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I went through all wiki links and the evidence points to contrary, slightly different warding but..."you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig"
    From the bowl's own website:

The Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl is a postseason college football game featuring the conference champions from the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC). The event’s mission is to provide the schools, alumni, fans, and sponsors with a first-class bowl experience while continuing to celebrate the heritage, legacy, pageantry and tradition of Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
    It's just called Celebration Bowl. The bowl is not celebrating race, per se. It is simply orientated around historically black colleges and culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    From the bowl's own website:

It's just called Celebration Bowl. The bowl is not celebrating race, per se. It is simply orientated around historically black colleges and culture.
    Selective reading...nice. Everything is right there on wiki page, plus from your own link "continuing to celebrate the heritage, legacy, pageantry and tradition of Historically Black Colleges and Universities"...now replace black with white.

Selective reading...nice. Everything is right there on wiki page, plus from your own link "continuing to celebrate the heritage, legacy, pageantry and tradition of Historically Black Colleges and Universities"...now replace black with white.
    ...Of historically black colleges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...d_universities

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's not a bowl for celebrating race. The bowl is played among historically black colleges is all.

Race is a big deal in the USA and will always be so to us culturally.
    Heritage is a big deal to most Americans more so than race. The Celebration Bowl is meant to celebrate heritage not race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Heritage is a big deal to most Americans more so than race.
    As I said and linked to several times already.

The Celebration Bowl is meant to celebrate heritage not race.
    I was replying to the poster's question as to why race is so often a thing in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Heritage is a big deal to most Americans more so than race. The Celebration Bowl is meant to celebrate heritage not race.
    Heritage is a big deal as long as it's not white heritage, because that's when shit hits the fan.

Heritage is a big deal as long as it's not white heritage, because that's when shit hits the fan.
    You are aware that we do have many 'celebrations' that support historically white institutions, culture and heritage in the US too?

Also historically black colleges accept students of all races, fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Basically every nationally recognized holiday in the US is a white heritage celebration. St. Patrick's Day, (St.) Valentine's Day, President's Week (which coincidentally happens during black history month), Thanksgiving, Christmas I'm sure we could think of more.