Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    And you would get hilariously gunned down.

Unless by tip of the spear, you mean complaining on the internet.
    The tip of the spear has always been internet message boards!

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Is there a point to a petition if you already lost the election...

These people understand how voting works right?
    The Electoral College can vote against Trump (read: also doesn't have to vote for Hillary) if they feel he isn't fit for office so yes a petition can be posted up until Dec. 19th when (because whether Trump is unfit for office or not, no one would be sane/stupid enough to vote against him) they cement Trump's presidency.

Can the EC vote for someone totally different? Like say, random Joe who has never shown up earlier in the election?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    The masses will rise up with guns to keep that evil woman Hillary out of office.

I would be on the front lines myself, tip of the spear.
    You are still outnumbered by Hillary voters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Many electors are complaining that anti-Trump people are bombarding them with phone calls, letters, email, etc. to persuade them to vote anyone but Trump. And the electors don't like it. I wouldn't be surprised if that backfires and Trump winds up with MORE electoral votes than he won, simply as a backlash to the harassment.
    if trump gets 300 electoral votes instead of 280 that would be.... satisfying because of the harrassment campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Can the EC vote for someone totally different? Like say, random Joe who has never shown up earlier in the election?
    No, from my understanding the person has to at least be on the ballot - however what further restrictions there are I've not found a solid statement of.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The Electoral College can vote against Trump (read: also doesn't have to vote for Hillary) if they feel he isn't fit for office so yes a petition can be posted up until Dec. 19th when (because whether Trump is unfit for office or not, no one would be sane/stupid enough to vote against him) they cement Trump's presidency.
    No I mean why bother with the petition at all we had a election. They ran the numbers Trump won. They can steal it from him but why waste your time signing the petition?

I highly doubt that there are that many electors that would commit career suicide and open themselves up to the terror that switching their vote would cause.

I mean, I obviously wish they would, since America seems to have gone batshit insane, but I can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yes. The electors can write in basically whoever they want. They just typically don't and some states have arguably unconstitutional laws that force the hands of the electors, along with electors in many states being party officials who won't go against their party.

I'm more interested in what happens after the election. With intelligence agencies and Congress trying to light a fire under the White House's ass to release documents, it'll be interesting to see what leaks come through after Trump ends up the official victor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Is there a point to a petition if you already lost the election...

These people understand how voting works right?
    Would you rather they used the political system to voice their discontent or threaten armed insurrection like we had with the fringe elements of the previous two elections? I'm not saying they are right to petition this, I just prefer the formers approach to not getting their way than the latters.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Thank god not everyone shares the mentality of California.

in the Electoral College is a popular vote on a state by state basis. Trump won by a large majority of EC votes. No surprise considering Blue collar America is pissed off at entitled millenial college shits trying to force their oppressive views that only their point of view matters and anyone who disagrees is harassing or making them feel unsafe.

Fuck Hilary. I've never been so proud to be labled as one of the people in the basket of deplorables like Crooked Hilary so graciously called the vast majority of the Middle Class of America.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-12-18 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The EC will override the will of the masses - which chose Clinton, so that's a done deal.

The only two options are:

1. They do their job and bar Trump from the presidency as per the founding documents.
    2. They rubber stamp Trump in, and prove they have no function and should be disbanded.
    I am so glad you are part of dying breed.

Your ideology threatens everyone.

Will not happen.

Russia is controlling US right now.

No ideology present - just stating the facts as present. Either the EC has a function, or they don't. Tomorrow they determine which that is.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I am so glad you are part of dying breed.

The electoral college was intended as a failsafe to prevent a populist demagogue or someone with foreign interests from taking office. It was basically created to stop someone like Trump. If it doesn't, then it needs to be overhauled as it's no longer fulfilling its purpose.

There's no reason to have electors if they're not going to operate as the failsafe they're intended to be, and largely the only reason for having the system over popular vote or ranked choice voting.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Would you rather they used the political system to voice their discontent or threaten armed insurrection like we had with the fringe elements of the previous two elections? I'm not saying they are right to petition this, I just prefer the formers approach to not getting their way than the latters.
    I would rather they be laughed at for being the utter retards they are. We dont mock people enough when they do stupid shit like this or invent new genders. All the bullshit of 2016 could of been stopped by bitch slapping the right people and telling them to stop acting like retards.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Hillary voters which are notoriously anti-gun nut zealots? Those voters?

The Kill/Death ratio of Trump supporters vs Hillary supporters would probably be 20/1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The electoral college was intended as a failsafe to prevent a populist demagogue or someone with foreign interests from taking office. It was basically created to stop someone like Trump. If it doesn't, then it needs to be overhauled as it's no longer fulfilling its purpose.
    Populist demagogue with foreign interests perfectly describes Hillary though.

Kind of hard to make that statement when comparing Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No, from my understanding the person has to at least be on the ballot - however what further restrictions there are I've not found a solid statement of.
    Pity, since while we are on the page of weird unexpected upsets we could totally have all the EC vote for some whoru for giggles.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Hillary voters which are notoriously anti-gun nut zealots? Those voters?

The Kill/Death ratio of Trump supporters vs Hillary supporters would probably be 20/1.

- - - Updated - - -

Populist demagogue with foreign interests perfectly describes Hillary though.

Kind of hard to make that statement when comparing Hillary.
    Which is why the electors need to vote in someone like Kasich or Romney. Hillary/Dems lost and Trump is unfit and proving that daily. Do the job they're intended to do and nominate Kasich or Romney.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most from within the Electoral College understand the importance to vote for Trump, for many reasons, both selfish and state-wide.

First, picture the gap this would create between the population and the government's elites. There's already a disconnection between these two, which is why Trump was elected in the first place. After eight years of Obama's democrats, it's dangerous for them to further disengage their voters. Even more so considering that their base didn't particularly grew; in fact, it was smaller than usual, boosted by the democrats who couldn't believe their party elected Hillary instead of Bernie.

Second, many of them win with a Trump presidency. The only people who lose are those that were knee deep in the old corruption or those who refuse to abide by their responsibilities. If not by monetary deals, then by being part of something new and having a chance at being in the spotlight.

There's no doubt that some electors will flip sides. You don't get to have unanimity with someone like Trump. There's also a slight chance that the vote gets overturned - I don't believe anything the media's claim as "certain" after the republican win. I still think the odds are in Trump's favor and perhaps with his official election, some people will finally stop with the pitchforks.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..