Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    yeah maybe the "forced" wording should have been toned down since it allowed right wingers to drool nonsense about gun analogies and choice instead of focusing on what you just said, that people are becoming so desperate to save money that they would sleep like homeless people rather than spending time at home with their families in the warmth

i still think it is a form of economic blackmail that would justify the use of the term "forced" but next time i'd probably edit it so we can try to have an intelligent conversation with the conservative posters
    I like how you completely ignored the other point of his post which is that they may be choosing to do this extra just to earn some extra cash for the christmas season. But that doesn't fit with your anti capitalist worldview, so I'm not that surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I like how you completely ignored the other point of his post which is that they may be choosing to do this extra just to earn some extra cash for the christmas season. But that doesn't fit with your anti capitalist worldview, so I'm not that surprised.
    would you make the choice of sleeping in the cold winter to save the cost of a bus ticket if you were paid 10k/per year ? no

its a "choice" you only have to make when you're poor/underpaid

Deleted
    what don't you understand in "they don't have a choice because of economic pressure" ?
    To quote dark souls: Git gud. And they are still not "forced".

- - - Updated - - -

would you make the choice of sleeping in the cold winter to save the cost of a bus ticket if you were paid 10k/per year ? no

Or lowskilled, cause you wasted your time on some arbitrary college degrees in humanitarian directions.

But your obvious need of causing ruckus with "Ermegerd, Cerpetelism is berd!!!" - When people are provided lowskill jobs with lowskill pay, well, i guess you are just daft, then.

Deleted

No I'd just get a bus ticket like a normal person or find a bunch of people to carpool with. However like I've said before in this thread, I've known people sleep in the break room between shifts during busy seasons, when I used to work a job similar to this.

The issue I have with the way you continually use "forced" is that not everyone who works there will be doing this, they have a choice. Whether it's a particularly good choice or not is a different question entirely and doesn't relate to Amazon but to the economy in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Or lowskilled, cause you wasted your time on some arbitrary college degrees in humanitarian directions.

But your obvious need of causing ruckus with "Ermegerd, Cerpetelism is berd!!!" - When people are provided lowskill jobs with lowskill pay, well, i guess you are just daft, then.
    whether or not it is true whether these people are worthless lazy stupid trash or not (they aren't), ideology politics is stupid and won't make them disappear
    there i no doubt the future workers will have to be highly skilled but right now is a period of transisition where you just cant dismiss this existing pool of unskilled workers

Deleted
    whether or not it is true whether these people are worthless lazy stupid trash or not (they aren't), ideology politics is stupid and won't make them disappear
    there i no doubt the future workers will have to be highly skilled but right now is a period of transisition where you just cant dismiss this existing pool of unskilled workers
    Transition? They are bloody spending their time, sleeping outside of Walmarts, not studying or "Transitioning" to anything.

Transition implies "Direction" ; A growing need of X, but having people be busy with watching TV and Camping Walmart, does not satisfy the need of X.

They have time. They are just not using it. You ever seen Asians?

Deleted
    Transition? They are bloody spending their time, sleeping outside of Walmarts, not studying or "Transitioning" to anything.

Transition implies "Direction" ; A growing need of X, but having people be busy with watching TV and Camping Walmart, does not satisfy the need of X.

They have time. They are just not using it. You ever seen Asians?
    The Chinese asian working like slaves in factories with dorms and suicide nets ?

Or the Japanese Asian with crushing social status pressure resulting in decrease of unions/fertility with high suicide rates ?

Deleted
    The Chinese asian working like slaves in factories with dorms and suicide nets ?

Or the Japanese Asian with crushing social status pressure resulting in decrease of unions/fertility with high suicide rates ?
    A figure of speech in terms of allocating time. Fact remains, there are jobs that pay well, people don't want them or don't strive to achieve them.

There is no magical sense of "Capitalism" that fucked you over, if you did not invest time into getting a Education.

That part, is called "Personal Responsibility".

You could work 10 hours a day, maybe have 2-3 hours to spare per day. That is ENOUGH, to commit to businesses on the side of all possible things, to netgain monetary gains.

So, yes, i am still calling these people oblivious and lazy.

Deleted
    Would just take too much time to debunk the personal responsibility bs on mobile

The thing is you believe everyone is in perfect control of his own situation and is free to act independently of any external factors

That's delusional at best

Deleted
    Would just take too much time to debunk the personal responsibility bs on mobile

The thing is you believe everyone is in perfect control of his own situation and is free to act independently of any external factors

That's delusional at best
    Yet here you are, spewing "facts" about how "Capitalism" is f'cking you over, neglecting the actual manhours spent on real, concrete things, like learning.

You can point fingers all you want, and you can try calling me "Delusional", when i claim that people achieve things by hard work (i mean, do you honestly think that people MAGICALLY learn, by never reading? By just moping around on forums?)

But i guess you admit defeat, cause you had bogus to begin with.

Surprised nobody has taken this opportunity to buy a van and provide return shuttle service at a group discount. Only charge 1/2 of what Amazon wants per person, and a few dollars less if a large group pools the fee. Now driving everyone to their door would be costly, but rather pick a central location in town to drop everyone off. Could make a decent wage and work your own hrs.

Deleted
    Yet here you are, spewing "facts" about how "Capitalism" is f'cking you over, neglecting the actual manhours spent on real, concrete things, like learning.

You can point fingers all you want, and you can try calling me "Delusional", when i claim that people achieve things by hard work (i mean, do you honestly think that people MAGICALLY learn, by never reading? By just moping around on forums?)

But i guess you admit defeat, cause you had bogus to begin with.
    Why do you assume i dislike free market economy because it fucked me over ?

The irony is my family has so much money i could live my entire life from inherited real estate property without studying or working a single day like some of my relatives do
    I could be that exact same lazy uneducated retard you described, except people would praise me on instagram because i can buy ridiculously overpriced clothing brands and nice cars.

I could spend hours describing you how being born in the right family gave me an edge in every aspect of my life, over infinitely brighter and harder working people that will never get what they deserve because they can't afford the right school, equipment, textbooks, etc

I don't feel guilty or apologetic for a situation i'm not responsible for.
    But as someone who is a firsthand witness of the effects our current wealth repartition system has on the overall developpment of mankind, i just can't understand how any sane person can say without lying that it is a good thing to promote

Capitalism worked when empires had yet to be build, but what you have now is a cast of heirs exploiting the real deserving people by controling their access to wealth. And the greatest crime of all was convincing them it's their fault
    Last edited by mmocab05265050; 2016-12-25 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    £7.35 ($9.08) per hour, according to the article from the OP.

So yeah, its min wage work, but no one forces you to take a min wage job, there are plenty available.

- - - Updated - - -

We do provide a living wage in the UK, but its only for people over the age of 25, the numbers that article puts foward are just short of the current living wage of £7.85 an hour.

As for why don't other people camp out? They probably do. But distribution centres are usually built away from population centres due to the size of them and Amazon is a big international company so the article gets more clicks if they can put Amazons name in the title.
    If your only option is to work a low paying minimum wage job to support your self or family because either your lack of education or a marketable skill the problem is with you not the low paying job

Is Amazon the next Wal-Mart, but bigger and crueler?

Amazon is considered a very shitty company to work for and run by slavedrivers who make your life a living hell This has been widely reported for years.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/15/91...ork-for-amazon

You probably don't want to work for Amazon
    'Amazon is where overachievers go to feel bad about themselves.'

Amazon CEO who crushes the life quality of his workers, also owns The Washington Post and is a Obama and Clinton Crony. Im not surprised he is a scumbag. He uses the Washington Post as a political hacksaw. The paper has very little worth or integrity left. Yet people around here gobble up its propaganda because it fits their preselected narrative view of politics. Good job supporting a guy who abuses his poor workers

http://usuncut.com/politics/washingt...ernie-sanders/

Here’s Washington Post’s Coverage of Bernie Sanders Since the Debate. Do You Spot an Agenda?
    March 8, 2016

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...-amazon-bezos/

While conservatives and liberals consider the political leanings of Washington Post buyer and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos in an attempt to divine how his politics will affect those of the historic institution, the truth appears to be far simpler: the Post is now Bezos’ latest political tool in a crony capitalist effort to work with the Obama administration. How else to explain President Obama puzzling decision last week to roll out his corporate tax plan at an Amazon.com fulfillment center?

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...-donald-trump/

Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Defends Washington Post’s coverage of Donald Trump
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayorbee View Post
    Is Amazon the next Wal-Mart, but bigger and crueler?
    and run by Democrats
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Then don't complain, at least you have a job.
    Then don't complain, at least you are getting some money.

Then don't complain, at least you have a tent.

Then don't complain, at least you have food and water.

Then don't complain, at least you are a slave, not dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    If your only option is to work a low paying minimum wage job to support your self or family because either your lack of education or a marketable skill the problem is with you not the low paying job
    Except you fail to realize that even if everyone has a marketable skill, not everyone will have a job that's above minimum wage. The problem lies with people like you who fail to understand it's impossible for everyone, no matter how qualified, to have a job that is necessarily in demand.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They do have a choice, you aren't forced at gun point to work there.
    If you leave a job in the UK, you get feck all in means of support from the govt for at least six months.
    Some areas, you're lucky to even get a single interview in that period of time.
    So, the options are do this kind of shit until you can get another, quit & starve to death/become homeless.

Not really much in the way of options.