Deleted

If you PvP say aye

Seriously, I wanna talk tactics against certain classes and have a useful topic for it right here. I'm a bit bored of only seeing PvE focused whine topics when we all know the real competitiveness in this game comes from PvP, the serious challenges, especially for Warlocks

So to start with say I'm in a 1v1 with a ret pally, what do we do? As Destro, as Demo and as Affliction. We can't really run. Also let's say arena rules apply because I dueled recently and before I was able to achieve much I was dead (6 seconds).

If I come face to face with a frost Dk in a BG as any lock spec what do I do?

So far I've realised that against casters including elemental shamans I have a pretty fun time fighting them, feels balanced enough but as we know against melee they have all changed so much I'm at a loss of when to time my counters like nether ward and my mitigation abilities such as unending resolve.

I can never even see when a palladian is about to use HoJ so I never know when to reflect it.

So here it is, if you have any questions yourselves feel free to ask and I will give whatever pointers I can and hopefully others will too. Keep this a friendly place, I don't want miserable ppl in here giving no advice and saying stuff like "git gud" because practicing just isn't much of an option when BGs are messy and duels are pointless OK

- - - Updated - - -

...Sooo..Nobody likes pvp?
    Last edited by mmocc0ad021917; 2016-12-22 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    What do I do in 3s vs DH/DK/Ret/Warr (pick 2) + Healer? 9/10 Times I will get trained, I pop my cds and die 15 sec later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    What do I do in 3s vs DH/DK/Ret/Warr (pick 2) + Healer? 9/10 Times I will get trained, I pop my cds and die 15 sec later.
    sounds like you are already doing the best a warlock currently can

What to do vs DKs? It's a tricky one, DKs are hard hitting due to their class fantasy. I've had a few close matches vs DKs, and I even killed one once! They will get (or have gotten?) a 10 % nerf to stam, which might help, as when the matches have been close, he's been at under 10 % and I was dead

For paladins, the second they pop wings, use Nether Ward and they might HoJ themselves (though Nether Ward is only useful vs other locks, moonkins and ret paladins imo)

WW monks in arena in that deciding last man standing battle, the fight of skills, wit, honour and splendour? Abandon all hope

No matter what I'm playing, I've always struggled against warriors. Remember how warriors QQd about being free kills against rogues? Well, I played a rogue. Could beat anyone, but never warriors. Pathetic, and sadly, it's become a self fulfilling prophecy - can't beat them. Usually. And so happy when it happens

(destro PoV)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    find a better healer

Deleted
    @Faenskap: awesome perspective there I'm experimenting all three specs deeply, my arti lvls are A29, DY32, DO33. Interestingly if I find myself in a 1v1 situation the best spec to be (without using nets or goblin gliders) is affliction. Using go serve and drain soul, rot&decay Netherward I did surprisingly well against any class including rogues.

In one game I went to 1v1 a frost mage but about 1 min into the fight a DK rushes in and joins. Somehow I killed them both and tried to go get the cart, a monk flying kicked after me just as the mage and DK ressed putting me in a 1v3 which I died but at least still managing to take 1/3-1/2 of their HP's with me.

This was using pact too as I forgot to spec into demonskin. Also used felhunter for the melee DMG against the endless amount of magic nulifier bubbles.

Apart from that, I've noticed better results against paladins when using a succubus, also dieing no matter what, I've realised that it's because of their interrupts (3 in a row on me) and silence, two stuns (6sec + 4sec) and bubbles. Not only this, they hit like a freight train. Can someone clarify my findings please? Do they have 3 interrupts and a silence? And two stuns? What are their CDs?