Thread: Potlucks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    For family crap I'm always assigned to get beer. I don't have a great palate, but it's better than the rest of my relatives who, I swear, would just get bud light.

For friends I bring a cheesy potato casserole that one of my aunts always cooks for our family get-togethers who I made give me the recipe. None of that corn flake crap, and shredded potatoes not the disks or whatever. I didn't like it at first because I don't normally like sour cream and it has that in it, but I grew to love it and my friends do too (or who knows, maybe they just tell me that, but it's always gone at the end of the meal). I've thought about starting to bring a huge thing of baked mac and cheese since it'd be easier to make, but haven't done it yet and we only really do it twice a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    My friends and i do this like once a month

Ill bring one of two salads

Spinach , arugula, mango, raspberry with a (homemade) honey mint dressing
    or
    romaine , bacon, I also use those bacos crackers as crutons, cheese (usually monteray) and a homemade chipotle ranch

or pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce
    or 8 layer dips
    Thats the lazy way out. It takes like 5 minutes to throw it together. You should make something that takes some effort like lasagna or macaroni and cheese

10+ Year Old Account
    No bake cheesecake. It's easy and always devoured.