Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't know what you want me to say here.

Should be pretty obvious that I'm the mason. Kryl never pressured me, and he defended me when Pala was going for me.

Also -- you say that you know Maracks character? So you believe it's Alien? And you think that Alien could be Mason and Latex Girl could be SK?

- - - Updated - - -

Can't help but shake my gut feeling that you're the SK. You're not your townie self this game.
    Last edited by Monkz; 2017-01-11 at 10:02 AM.

Obviously Marack is the Alien. I do not think Listo lied about the characters existing, given that he at least got yours right (and, hilariously at the same time completely wrong).

I find it likely that Marack is the SK, because I do believe your mason claim. Marack is obviously not the mason, or he would have pointed that out yesterday. You are, by elimination it. If you are the vote today, it would necessitate you being a Mason/SK, which is ... not a stellar idea, and thus unplausible at best. I think you pointed that out last gameday yourself. And Crackle did say this game wouldn't have stuff that wasn't too crazy in the signup thread.

But I do not know exactly what role Marack claims to be. I want it for the formality. His role claim will affect how I interpret some of his D1 posts. And there is always a chance that it can be exposed as a lie outright, though I'm not banking on it.

The thing that really irks me with you is your post #110. You discard the idea of an SK in favour of a vigilante, AND you correctly (in retrospect) placed Catta's killer as the vigilante. I took that as communication. You kinda softclaimed that kill, in my eyes. Kills after that were very pro-town, reinforcing the notion that we were dealing with a vig rather than an SK. Until Allowyn died last night, that is.

I'd like to know what you were thinking at that point.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Timing of gamedays ending and beginning have been against me this game. They have seemed to be happening when Im in bed. Then all the discussion is while im sleeping or at work. Yesterday morning I glanced at the thread and saw listo claim "last" mafia, which is why I voted on him.

You will get a full claim from me once I get home from work. To include why I targeted who I did on each of the nights. Im a Vig and believe we have a mafia member still out there. If Im lynched before I get home from work, well played everyone.

@Danner Hmm. I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying about me @ #110. The reason why I think it's a vigi and not a Serial Killer is explained in that same post.

For me there's two scenarios right now;
    1; I'm a mason (Latex Girl), Danner is VT (Furry Man) and Marack is SK (Alien)
    2; I'm a mason (Latex Girl), Danner is mafia and Marack is the vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Really doesn't matter when I'm lynched in the long run. I die and game ends yay everything! I die and game doesn't end? Monkz or Marack are the likely SK candidates.
    Listo doesn't even mention you as SK candidate. Could be to set you up for winning today, with me and Marack going at each other.
    What erks me too is that you didn't counter-claim (or claim before me) mason, and I think you might've had if you were mafia.

I need some time to read you guys' posts throughout the game. And of course it depends on Maracks claim aswell.
    Last edited by Monkz; 2017-01-11 at 12:40 PM.

@Monkz; I see. Didn't consider your second statement as a rationale for the first. It does add up then. I guess I read too much into it.

Either way, since Marack inadvertedly claimed the non-mafia kills (we'll see how much he follows up on that), I see no reason to suspect you of being an SK/mason. And that is a silly role anyway.
    And the chance of you being mason/mafia is even less plausible, as you would have called for a mafia kill of your own mason buddy in the process. That's ludicrous.

I am clearly going to vote on Marack here, unless Marack pulls some miraculous logic in his claim. And I would be suprised if Marack votes anyone but me.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I agree, I think I'm the lynchpin here.
    But lets see Maracks claim and take it from there.

Agreed. /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    I am Alien. Im a vigi and win when all threats to town have been eliminated. I am a misfit because Im a giant ugly alien. All I want is for people to like me, but Im big, ugly and scary looking. My kill signature has been the damage to the head and hole in the abdomen.This is also the 1st game ive had a solo killing role, so Im sure I made a few mistakes along the way.

D1 – I was not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that either were scum at the time, voted with my gut on Xan
    N1 – I didnt really see much in the way of contribution from Catta. He had some back and forth about previous games. Didnt die early last game and wasnt a returning/new player. Thought it was a safe kill. In hind-sight, his abilities would have been extremely useful to town.

D2 – I was unable to vote when danner ended the day early. I had intentions of also voting dupti. I think we could have gain a little more info from the day.
    N2 – Kel hadnt said anything useful and was a low/no contributor to the game. Thought it a safe play to remove someone that wasnt helping town.

D3 – BF was still MIA, and in my experience he would come back and add to the game by this point.
    N3 – I figured there were at least 2 remaining mafia by this point. Palawin seemed like he was trying to stay under the radar and not bring too much attention to himself.

D4 – listo claimed to be the “last” mafia. Gave us names of people. Pointed the finger at me because I called him out for low post count/contribution.
    N4 – Felt we had 1 mafia remaining. 14 people, 1/3 rule, 4-5 scum. I thought (gut feel) Allowyn was lying and the final mafia, sadly, not the case.

I believe Monkz is town and a mason more then I believe that danner is town. I find it too coincidental that listo and danner argued earlier in the game. It only moved to distance themselves from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    I think I'm the lynchpin here.
    You are Monkz

Vote Danner

- - - Updated - - -

In any event, no matter what happens the rest of the gameday... Well played you 2.

Well, at least you are going for what I think you are going for. But - my voting record this game is pretty damned perfect, to be honest. Xanjori on D1. Dupti on D2. Ideally that should've been reversed, but still. I was one of two players to propose the Xanjori lynch went through as it did due to Dupti being a more important scum. I voted Palawin on D3, amongst Listo and Blood Fox as the alternatives.... but I had to change that to Blood Fox due to shortened day. And Listo was my obvious vote for D4 being the only one left. I've basically been voting mafia all game.

Leaving today... well; I do not think there are any mafioso remaining. The lack of a mafia kill is a big hint.

I like some of your claim. The kill on Kel definitively qualifies as a vigilante kill. The kill on Palawin could be either; it was the obvious night kill, and I hope you give me some credit for identifying him. I think you played N2 and N3 as a proper vigilante. You had me for a while. Or rather, Monkz had me for a while. Had I really been mafia, he would be long dead.

But the kill on Catta I have problems with. I mean, we had several players that weren't really posting. Killing a low count poster would have made more sense as a N1 vigilante kill, wouldn't it? Catta died on ND1, but still managed to have more posts in total that Palawin who died on N3. And I do not think the cake counter breakdown is terribly favourable for either.

But the big kicker is last night's kill. Allowyn as mafia is impossible. I pointed out exactly why several times yesterday. Allowyn voted Dupti over Xanjori on D1. Dupti tried to get Allowyn lynched on D2, before he was trained. I pointed this out yesterday. The facts are there. If you truly thought there was a mafia remaining, you would have killed me instead of Allowyn last night. But you need me alive for the lynchbait today. Convincing Monkz that Allowyn is mafia wouldn't be possible.

And that's why your argument that I am mafia today is still flawed.

Honestly, I thought you were a VT. For a long time. I wasn't very sure though, but it felt like a good enough gamble that I could read you as town. WHich is why I have claimed you were town for so many gamedays. When you claimed Vigilante... that's when I had to re-evaluate my reads. Honestly, had you claimed VT today, I might have voted Monkz. Which is somewhat ironic, but that's a topic for the postgame.

vote: Marack

Well, it's down to Monkz now I guess.

I'm really torn here.

Danner
    Danners voting record this game is very townish. He would've had to bus literally all his teammates;
    D1: Xan
    D2: Dupti
    D3: Palawin
    D4: listo

I'm pretty well-known for bussing teammates myself as scum, so I would'nt put it past Danner to do this -- but it does seem like a long shot.

I actually think there's a higher chance of Danner being the Serial Killer, than him being mafia at this point. And it does make sense for him as an SK to kill Allowyn last night. And as I've been saying for the last couple of gamedays -- I can't shake the feeling that Danner is not his townie self this game.

Marack
    Marack has been absent, or has at least appeared absent to the main thread, which could be him trying to fly under the radar as an SK.
    Furthermore, he took a loong time to claim, which could indicate that he needed time to come up with a decent fake claim, and fake reasons for slaughtering people at night.
    I actually think your claim is decent, but the kicker is last nights kill on Allowyn. There is no way you would kill Allowyn based on nothing but a gut feel, when there's so few people left. Especially since Allowyns voting record were pro-town and mafia actually tried to lynch her on D2.

That kill on Allowyn last night is the determining factor.

- - - - - -

In any case, I really enjoyed these past couple of gamedays, and even though there were little to no discussion going on early on in the game, I think we made up for it at these ladder stages.

If I'm wrong and Danner is the SK; I salute you, sir.

Vote: Marack

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Honestly, had you claimed VT today, I might have voted Monkz. Which is somewhat ironic, but that's a topic for the postgame.
    This is messed up, and it makes me second-guess myself. What done is done, and I can't change my vote now. But this doesn't make any sense. That would make me mason/SK or mason/mafia, which is ridiculous. As you pointed out yourself earlier.

God if I could --I might've changed my vote now. But why on earth would a vigi kill Allowyn last night. It haunts me.

- - - Updated - - -

No, this has to be right... I don't see a world where a vigi kills Allowyn last night. Right? Right!? @Crackleslap

7+ Year Old Account
    Well played you 2. As I saw it, I thought there would be an easier time for me to get danner lynched over Allowyn or monkz. I dont think me claiming VT would have really done anything for you danner. danners vote record looks TOO perfect in my eyes. Almost like some inside knowledge. Knowing that monkz was mason, it was very unlikely to be mason/mafia or mason/sk pairing.

I would have been better off if listo didnt put everyones names out there the day he died. I tried to put that doubt in monkz' mind that mafia didnt kill last night to secure the win. That didnt pan out or hold up.

- - - Updated - - -

I am Alien, the SK

Sooo close!!

- - - Updated - - -

My taking a long time to claim was for the exact reason in my post 12hrs ago or so. Timing of the day/night changes have been around midnight my time the past couple gamedays. Ive been in bed, then get up and go to work. I cant actually read/reply when Im at work.

Thank god! You really had me thinking about it there.

And yes, sometimes timezones and RL gets in your way. But that's an easy excuse for mafia/SK to stay under the radar too

Well played anyways -- that was fun

- - - Updated - - -

As for your kill decision, I think you made the right choice. I think killing Allowyn was your best bet. I don't know if you could've convinced Allowyn to vote Danner, if you had killed me. I think that would've been extremely difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ggs town wins. Will post qts and other stuff laters

7+ Year Old Account
    The times did help me fly under the radar, but sleep/work were the reason for my delay most the time. I didnt take the extra time to formulate anything TBH. As faulted as my reasons were, the only one I lied about in the claim (208) was the reason for Allowyn.

I had danner fooled for the most part and I didnt appear to high on your threat list til late. So considering all that, I feel I played a good game.

So, I kinda feel this game was cheating. I was super accurate this game because I kinda had a little too good information.

Basically, Xanjori dropped a big bombshell on D1. The thing was, we VTs didn't get a QT thread this game. When Xanjori said he had a Quicktopic thread... that meant he was either a TPR or scum. I certainly wasn't gonna move my vote off him after that statement. Xanjori suddenly seemed like a 50/50 deal, and someone worth pushing hard. If nothing else, to see who voted elsewhere.

And then Satsu pretty much pointed out that Xanjori had said something weird. Not specifically what, but I immediately knew what he meant. And thus I instantly knew Satsu was a VT too. There ironically wasn't that many VTs in this game, but I kinda suspected at the time that a lot of the voters on Xanjori were VTs (not really accurate!).

From the following D1 discussion, I could immediately see that Kryllian and Marack were VTs too. That's where the irony part comes in. Because neither of actually were. Kryllian flipping Mason kinda put me out of commission. Because I was fairly certain on him. Less so on you, Marack. It was a read though, but it was also a meta-read, and it's a fairly dishonorable one. But it was made passively, so that's about what I can do about it. The information came to me without me digging for it.

But for the Xanjori train, very very few people did put their D1 vote on non-xanjori. Allowyn and Monkz being the only exceptions alive on D2. So something had to be up. Before that could be investigated closely, Dupti stepped on the same frickin' bombshell Xanjori did, by claiming there wasn't a visible reason to lynch Xanjori. So he just eliminated himself from the "possible VT" pool. That kinda sealed the deal for me. Dupti was likely scum at that point, and ended up lynched.

And simultaneously to this, the scum killed everyone I wasn't having a read on.

Making gameday 3 very simple. I knew there had to be two more scum (there were three)... and I only had three candidates to put them amongst since I had a VT read on Marack and Kryllian, and a TPR read on Allowyn and Monkz. Palawin and Listo didn't really stand a chance at that point. There just wasn't enough room to hide in. Especially after we lynched Blood Fox. And that was before I discovered there even was a masonry.

Day 4 was the one with the most surprises to me. Several more TPRs crawled out, did not expect that. And the game got too hard for even you to hide in.

So I'd like to claim skill on this, but no. This was all pure bullshit luck induced by largely incorrect reads, helped by some ugly metagaming and combined with a few malplaced words by Xanjori and Dupti, and careful targeting where you scum killed everyone I didn't knew were town faster than the opposite. I don't think I cheated, but I certainly do not think this game was won fair and square. This was as they say, way too easy to be fair.

And I'm not really sure where anyone could have done it differently.

7+ Year Old Account
    My only real hope in the end was to give Monkz enough doubt to vote you. I knew there wasnt a chance in hell you'd really vote him after the masonry came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Danner, thats why I said your vote record looked "too" perfect. Almost like you had an inside look.

Well, honestly... I did read you as VT up until you claimed Vig. So...
    But yeah. At that point, it was pretty much sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Basically, Xanjori dropped a big bombshell on D1. The thing was, we VTs didn't get a QT thread this game. When Xanjori said he had a Quicktopic thread... that meant he was either a TPR or scum. I certainly wasn't gonna move my vote off him after that statement. Xanjori suddenly seemed like a 50/50 deal, and someone worth pushing hard. If nothing else, to see who voted elsewhere. .
    Im sorry but this is stupid, I always say I have a QT day one, regardless of whether I have one or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/j2sAd7hhyUP
    Dead thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/y9SdFRKzj6b
    Mafia thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Zpmb3757s3Kw
    Mason: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/29Jx9hynGDZbm
    Alien: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/rFbYDmW2wR72
    Voodoo Woman: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/sgz6qfF4a5Ve
    Hipster Grandmother: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/asEaLqiEaEQs

Mafia got more powerful as they got kills. The SK had a prevent harm ability which never got used. (Passive). In the mod thread you can see all the characters pictures. They wouldnt work when I linked them here.

Was hoping for a more active game after seeing how well the Christmas game did in terms of activity for today's standards. xD But what can you do.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-01-12 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Im sorry but this is stupid, I always say I have a QT day one, regardless of whether I have one or not.
    Being right for all the wrong reasons is the worst kind of being right.
    I am sorry.