Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    May Ren and his wiggly butt live a long life. Hail Corgis!

For real though, it's the first time I read about any controversy about her speech. It's a non topic here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Let me guess: open society will not save you from terrorism attacks ?
    Open societies will save you from tyrants like Putin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    But you can allow people the basic human right of protecting themselves without relying on others.
    How many terrorist attacks have been stopped at this point, by people being able to protect themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    May Ren and his wiggly butt live a long life. Hail Corgis!

For real though, it's the first time I read about any controversy about her speech. It's a non topic here.
    I mean it probably isn't. I guess as an American that specific statement is just as silly as if one of our politicians said it (to me). lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    We have the law and the police. I'll take my chances with those before hugging and kissing the terrorists.
    I don't think she said to do that, but sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    How many terrorist attacks have been stopped at this point, by people being able to protect themselves?
    The statement I made isn't really specific to terrorism. It is a human basic right to be able to protect yourself from all forms of terrorism, not just ones labeled by nations.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you can allow people the basic human right of protecting themselves without relying on others.
    Self-defence is not against the law in Germany.

Deleted
    The statement I made isn't really specific to terrorism. It is a human basic right to be able to protect yourself from all forms of terrorism, not just ones labeled by nations.
    Well it is legal to defend yourself in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Self-defence is not against the law in Germany.
    This is what we call a half truth.

Deleted
    Free speech also is a human right. What do you think about that one? Well, and freedom of religion. As like being a muslim or a christ. That one is even more interesting.

I don't think she said to do that, but sure.
    I know what she said but I'm not selling even a pinky to whitewash terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Free speech also is a human right. What do you think about that one? Well, and freedom of religion. As like being a muslim or a christ. That one is even more interesting.
    What about them? Say what you want, be what you want. Your freedom extends only till it infringes on someone elses freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does it outlaw self defense?

Deleted
    No, it is true. You just may not buy half automatic rifles. Or guns. From public sources.

We are not americans. We dont believe everyone should own a machine gun because he is scared of other ethnicies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I know what she said but I'm not selling even a pinky to whitewash terrorism.
    She is not doing that.

On topic, forgot what I was about to write when Corgis were mentioned...

Is it REALLY "hypocritical" of high profile politicians to be protected? I mean, the risks of her being the target of an attack is infinitely higher than Joe Schmoe having need of an armored car and bodyguards... There are so many areas where politicians would be "hypocritical" if we're going down that route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, it is true. You just may not buy half automatic rifles. Or guns. From public sources.

We are not americans. We dont believe everyone should own a machine gun because he is scared of other ethnicies.

I feel dense, I should have known he is talking about guns.
    From what I know, most Germans don't even want less strict gun laws, and they are already less strict than here in the Netherlands.

Where does it outlaw self defense?
    A half-truth is a deceptive statement that includes some element of truth. The statement might be partly true, the statement may be totally true but only part of the whole truth, or it may use some deceptive element, such as improper punctuation, or double meaning, especially if the intent is to deceive, evade, blame or misrepresent the truth.[1]
    In the context of criminals and the tools they use, your statement is a half truth.

She is not doing that.
    She is, by spouting asinine solutions to combat it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Thalys train attack, all of the brave citizens now proud Knights of the Legion of Honour.