Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Their sense of perspective is absolutely fucked.
    I do somewhat agree with you... however, top players in the world THEMSELVES said legendaries RNG weren't a problem for them (mythic+ chesting to get easy free AP was), and I don't believe that what isn't a problem for #1, is a problem for #4358567th. The #4358567th should improve his playing instead of whining, that's what all the people who love competition actually do. Have you seen any runner athlete whining that Usain Bolt has too comfortable shoes, a must have t-shirt or the legendary feets which grant him unfair advantage? Nope. Same stuff here. Competition is learning how to fight against odds, not whining to remove odds.

And no, no history era was _this_ egocentric. Internet makes people worse way too fast. I cringe at the thought of what kids of my kids will say in their chats.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-01-05 at 09:56 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I do somewhat agree with you... however, top players in the world THEMSELVES said legendaries RNG weren't a problem for them (mythic+ chesting to get easy free AP was), and I don't believe that what isn't a problem for #1, is a problem for #4358567th. The #4358567th should improve his playing instead of whining, that's what all the people who love competition actually do.

And no, no history era was _this_ egocentric. Internet makes people worse way too fast. I cringe at the thought of what kids of my kids will say in their chats.
    The problem is that regardless of how much I practice, I won't beat the guys who practice just as much but got luckier. That's not fun.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-01-05 at 09:57 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The problem is that regardless of how much I practice, I won't beat the guys who practice just as much but got luckier.
    No, it does not work like that. You can look @ the logs, at least 1/2 of top shadow parsers have no belt.

Chances that you find a person whose performance is mimicking yours one are unrealistically low. Chances that such person will be in your raid team is just absurd. If a person performs better than you, he will outperform you even if you have the belt, and vice versa. Sorry, belt does not magically makes you deal 10000000 dps more.
    Belt:
    - allows you to not waste mblast's cooldown during void form (will still be present after the nerf);
    - grants you a little bit faster voidforms (considering upped insanity gains in 715, it will remain almost the same as now with the belt?);
    - and allows you to use SI for funsies (will be heavily nerfed, that's like the only thing that really suffers from charge change - the talent which nobody takes except for lolz and funsies).
    And that's it.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-01-05 at 10:06 PM.

No, it does not work like that. You can look @ the logs, at least 1/2 of top shadow parsers have no belt.

Chances that you find a person whose performance is mimicking yours one are unrealistically low. Chances that such person will be in your raid team is just absurd.
    Why do you keep going back to my raid team? And yes, it does work like that, those legendaries give a definite advantage just by being lucky which other people will not have. The Shadow legendaries are reasonably balanced(and there's other things factoring into ranks as well than legendaries, obviously, but they skew it unnecessarily for no benefit to the game)
    The example of the Shadow belt is to some extent because it doesn't directly add damage, it adds a crutch, which is why not all top parsers use/need it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The example of the Shadow belt is to some extent because it doesn't directly add damage, it adds a crutch, which is why not all top parsers use/need it.
    So, I was right, right? You gain nothing with belt nerfs.

So, I was right, right? You gain nothing with belt nerfs.
    Not much, no. Luckily my point was never about the belt specifically, but legendaries in general.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I do somewhat agree with you... however, top players in the world THEMSELVES said legendaries RNG weren't a problem for them (mythic+ chesting to get easy free AP was), and I don't believe that what isn't a problem for #1, is a problem for #4358567th. The #4358567th should improve his playing instead of whining, that's what all the people who love competition actually do. Have you seen any runner athlete whining that Usain Bolt has too comfortable shoes, a must have t-shirt or the legendary feets which grant him unfair advantage? Nope. Same stuff here. Competition is learning how to fight against odds, not whining to remove odds.

Literally every point in modern history features people saying "this is the worst generation ever".

Like, we literally had a generation of people called the "Me Generation", who are currently in the process of looting and pillaging every possible social service in the world and destroying the planet for their own short-term monetary gain.

But, no, the generation that takes self-portraits and tweets is the most self-centered generation in history.

Also: the top players in the world know what's good for the top players in the world. That's it. That is their expertise, that is what I trust their opinion on, the end. The top players in the world know what's good for people who possess physical, social, and mental circumstances that allow them to excel in a way that 99% of all other players cannot, will not, and should not aspire to.

Comparing actual physical activity to playing World of Warcraft is, of course, ludicrous on its face. That said, do I see athletes complaining about the advantages other athletes have which they lack? Yeah, all the fucking time; watch any sport where the referees make a call that's clearly fucking stupid and suddenly you'll find plenty of athletes willing to complain. Competition is about having a level playing field on all sides and seeing who, all other factors being equal other than the competitors themselves, is best.

Imagine playing football where one team has a nice set of good cleats, and the other team has to wear dress shoes. That's the current legendary system. Blizzard wants everyone to wear dress shoes, the players want everyone to wear cleats.

Literally every point in modern history features people saying "this is the worst generation ever".

Like, we literally had a generation of people called the "Me Generation", who are currently in the process of looting and pillaging every possible social service in the world and destroying the planet for their own short-term monetary gain.

But, no, the generation that takes self-portraits and tweets is the most self-centered generation in history.

Also: the top players in the world know what's good for the top players in the world. That's it. That is their expertise, that is what I trust their opinion on, the end. The top players in the world know what's good for people who possess physical, social, and mental circumstances that allow them to excel in a way that 99% of all other players cannot, will not, and should not aspire to.

Comparing actual physical activity to playing World of Warcraft is, of course, ludicrous on its face. That said, do I see athletes complaining about the advantages other athletes have which they lack? Yeah, all the fucking time; watch any sport where the referees make a call that's clearly fucking stupid and suddenly you'll find plenty of athletes willing to complain. Competition is about having a level playing field on all sides and seeing who, all other factors being equal other than the competitors themselves, is best.

Imagine playing football where one team has a nice set of good cleats, and the other team has to wear dress shoes. That's the current legendary system. Blizzard wants everyone to wear dress shoes, the players want everyone to wear cleats.
    No, they(Blizz) want SOME people to wear dress shoes and others cleats. Randomly.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-01-05 at 10:45 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Jesus this is a thread about a belt not about our society smh

Homophobia is so gay.

It's easy to mistake the two, as the US society will soon also be dominated by an orange thing that makes lucky people better off but punishes those who aren't lucky.

Id like to apologize to everyone (Except the two guys having a dick measuring contest) for creating this thread.

Im looking forward to the shadow priest changes and seeing how the chips fall next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post
    I'm sure there are some ppl who calc this correct, but trible MB extend the duration of your voidform, that brings a bigger damage boost. 2/3% is maybe the flat damage boost MB vs MF but you forget about other effects.
    You can reach your 3rd VT without the belt. And you're not really getting extra seconds after that with the belt, spamming MB at 100 stacks just brings you out of VF. Maybe one GCD extra after that.

Quote Originally Posted by reversekanga View Post
    Id like to apologize to everyone (Except the two guys having a dick measuring contest) for creating this thread.

Im looking forward to the shadow priest changes and seeing how the chips fall next week.
    It's not your fault, friend. You never know which threads the troll patrol will choose to host their next shit-flinging monkey festival.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to mistake the two, as the US society will soon also be dominated by an orange thing that makes lucky people better off but punishes those who aren't lucky.
    +1, Great analogy.

Dont have the belt yet myself, but as for anyone sporting prydaz, destroyer of hopes and the cock-ring I hate this RNG system with a passion. Seeing our pathetic version of a spriest pull ahead in some situation because he has the right amount of luck makes me want to circumcise a couple of developers with a lawnmower (cutting it a little tight,assuming their forskin starts at the neck)...
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

While I don't have the belt myself it feels like this is just a nerf for bad players and partly the opener. I'd still love to get the waist to complement my shoulders.

That's not based on the "orange thing" - that's a systemic basic reality of the imperial world, exacerbated by the world being in the process of dying, hence the building of walls to keep out the superfluous, the zombie metaphor to reductively describe these desperate despairing superfluous (the "left behind"), and the hoarding of resources, to extend the lives of the few as long as possible while they cling to their religion of technology and space colonization.

What's new about creatures like Berlusconi and the "orange thing", ushered in to some extent by Bush Jr., is a recognition that there's no longer value in putting on a positive face, a face well-exemplified by Barack Obama. In a dying world, which entered popular consciousness in the 1960s, we either live the process of saving the world or we accept it's death, and if we accept it's death and decide that we're the "chosen ones", then it's logical to build walls and an extensive surveillance and security system to make sure those walls are effective. The end game of this logic is the slow death of the elite as the world becomes less and less inhabitable and the quick death of everyone outside the walls. The "plan", such as it is, for the elite is for technology to save them, perhaps but not necessarily through colonization of outer space.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    That's not based on the "orange thing" - that's a systemic basic reality of the imperial world, exacerbated by the world being in the process of dying, hence the building of walls to keep out the superfluous, the zombie metaphor to reductively describe these desperate despairing superfluous (the "left behind"), and the hoarding of resources, to extend the lives of the few as long as possible while they cling to their religion of technology and space colonization.

What's new about creatures like Berlusconi and the "orange thing", ushered in to some extent by Bush Jr., is a recognition that there's no longer value in putting on a positive face, a face well-exemplified by Barack Obama. In a dying world, which entered popular consciousness in the 1960s, we either live the process of saving the world or we accept it's death, and if we accept it's death and decide that we're the "chosen ones", then it's logical to build walls and an extensive surveillance and security system to make sure those walls are effective. The end game of this logic is the slow death of the elite as the world becomes less and less inhabitable and the quick death of everyone outside the walls. The "plan", such as it is, for the elite is for technology to save them, perhaps but not necessarily through colonization of outer space.
    The philosophy of the Mangaza's Madness.
    By Yunzi.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

OP, I'm sorry people are so disrespectful that they feel the need to hijack your thread.

As many have said it does not change a whole lot when it comes down how it really does benefit you most. Ramp up time will suffer but the patch also adds higher insanity generations to begin with. Maybe it's due to how it will eventually scale with higher Ilvl who knows

I'm so butthurt about legendaries. have neck, both rings, and boots.

It blows my mind that this system passed... like when i got the pvp ring today, I was upset, not happy like you should be when getting a legendary
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Until you realize that the pvp ring is going to be awesome for Mythic plus as well as nighthold for shadow.

I have it on all 3 of my 110s. (Rogue, warrior and Spriest)and i was genuinely excited when i got it for priest. Great stats and 25% haste with a cooldown ready for every pull in a high M+

Saying that...I had one hell of a dummy spit when i got it on my Assasination Rogue and Rerolled.