Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mazuno View Post
    does that mean that if I do that with an alt from the same account I have to logout from my farming toon, log the alt, reset, and log again the farming one?
    I used to have a friend hosting the ID for me but he is no longer playing. This seems much slower
    any tip for fast logout - login?? thanks
    I mean it's a difference of 20 seconds (the time it takes to logout), but to answer your question - yes. You will have to log out/in from farm toon to alt, then back.

Log your alt in a rested area so you don't have to sit there for the 20s.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Thanks to this thread for the info on how to easily solo Garrosh over and over without clearing the whole raid every week. Now to get a few more pieces so i can complete a transmog set

Last edited by rektx; 2017-06-09 at 01:30 AM. Reason: typos

Lol only 40 kills. Thats extremely lucky
    made by Shyama

Thank you so much for the HC id trick...

Before reading this, I've been farming that shoulders on mythic with one kill and a full SoO clear every week.

Now, after exactly 48 kills and the same number of bonus rolls, it finally dropped!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nFac View Post
    Thank you so much for the HC id trick...

Before reading this, I've been farming that shoulders on mythic with one kill and a full SoO clear every week.

Now, after exactly 48 kills and the same number of bonus rolls, it finally dropped!
    48 kills REEEEEEEEE

https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/ch...en/enrayon/pve

I'm sorry, I need to be correct, it's been 13 mythic kills + 28 hc kills

Quote Originally Posted by nFac View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/ch...en/enrayon/pve

I'm sorry, I need to be correct, it's been 13 mythic kills + 28 hc kills
    I'm glad my replies helped you get them, but having almost 700 kills and not getting them I'm grumpy as well.

Grats.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Yeah up to 300 kills with no luck so far.

Over a thousand kills? Fuck me, glad I never tried to farm these the traditional way. You think Blizzard will continue to allow this exploit?
    Mother pus bucket!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ed/bigdamnhero
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...d/squattypotty
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...luhed/tuskfarm

Just got them Friday 6/9/17 on bonus roll 899. After some solo kills I dual and then later tripple-boxed with new accounts to have more bonus rolls per kill. I had enough lesser coins farmed up to reach ~1600 total rolls across accounts at which point I would have either quit or went waaay off the deep end. Frog farming sucks. Still worth it. I think this solidifies my main from here till eternity. Now if Nithogg will ever spawn again...
    Last edited by Bigdamnhero; 2017-06-13 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdamnhero View Post
    Just got them Friday 6/9/17 on bonus roll 899. After some solo kills I dual and then later tripple-boxed with new accounts to have more bonus rolls per kill. I had enough lesser coins farmed up to reach ~1600 total rolls across accounts at which point I would have either quit or went waaay off the deep end. Frog farming sucks. Still worth it. I think this solidifies my main from here till eternity. Now if Nithogg will ever spawn again...
    What am I doing wrong? It saved me and I tried doing it all over again and Garrosh was dead when I logged in on my warrior. Had 13/14 saved on HC with my DH as the leader

Nevermind got it work. I guess I needed to reform the group
    Last edited by slambulance; 2017-06-16 at 09:57 AM.

To help others getting it through the HC instance trick, here is another step-by-step comparison

Char A will provide the instance save
    Char B will be the one farming the tusks
    (prerequisite)
    Char A:
    Clear HC SoO until you are at Garrosh, don't kill Garrosh

--- Farming ---
    Char A:
    Open up a group in group finder, set it to Private when creating and to auto-accept after creating

Relog to Char B

Char B:
    - Open up premade groups, locate your created group and join it
    - Run inside SoO and run all the way to Garrosh, you should start at Klaxxi
    - Aggro the last pack of mobs before jumping down and wait until they follow you to Garrosh
    - Kill the mobs which also triggers the Garrosh fight
    - Garrosh de- and respawns (that method is much quicker than waiting for the RP part all the time)
    - Engage Garrosh, bring him into phase 2
    - Now, depending on your DPS, after some time in phase 2 (for me it was like 2-3 seconds in), leave the raid. You'll get the one minute countdown to be ported out, which we'll use later for quick resetting of the instance
    - Kill Garrosh, loot one of his precious items, bonus roll and pray for the tusks
    - Start the logout timer, you should get teleported out of SoO after a few seconds and be on the character selection screen after some more
    - Login Char A

Char A:
    - still is the leader of the created group
    - right-click on your character, select "Reset all instances"
    - relog to Char B

Char A:
    - join the group again and repeat the farming process

You can do quite some runs with this method, although you will run into another problem: You do many instances in a a short time frame. After some time, you cannot walk into SoO anymore and you'll get the message: "You've been into to many instances lately" (loosely translated from my german client). If that happens, you need to wait some time before proceeding to do more runs.

I hope that helped and I wish you all the best luck for your Tusks farm...

*Edit*
    If you need to farm for more than 1 week, just extend the instance save on Char A

I set the raid size to 25 but when i go in it shows that i'm in 10ppl version. Tried to change normal/herois/mythic 10/25 back and forth and nothing work. I get less loot because of that

Quote Originally Posted by Ener View Post
    I set the raid size to 25 but when i go in it shows that i'm in 10ppl version. Tried to change normal/herois/mythic 10/25 back and forth and nothing work. I get less loot because of that
    You can't spoof the raid size for more drops.

You'd have to bring the appropriate amount of players to the raid to get additional drops.

PS: Per a GM ticket I opened, you're better off doing group loot than personal.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Two things;

I'm now geared enough to put Garrosh to 1 health in ph2 before he teleports me to the intermission. Half the time things proceed as usual, the other half I skip the intermission entirely. Anyone has any idea if there's a way to reliably make him skip?

Also, I'm using the method detailled upthread, and I found that if I leave group before the killing blow Garrosh always drops an item, irrespective of the bonus roll. So far it's been from his usual loot table, but anyone else experienced that? Is that an exploit of some description?

Anyways, 60 kills now, no luck. I'm going to do this in 20 Seal sessions probably. Any longer and I grow very annoyed at blizzard for putting such a cool mog on such a low drop rate, while other iconic boss items drop far, far more often.

Wait. You can just keep killing him over and over and just keep bonus rolling loot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    My friend farmed it about a year ago
    Oh my, that is a lot of farming...

Anyone interested in making a frog farming group at some time we can lock down? It's pretty damn slow just doing it solo and I don't see many groups listed anymore.

Should I set for personal or group loot? I get more on group loot, but it can be none-plate stuff. Where as personal I know its always going to have at least one item.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Im at 795 kills now, no Tusks.

Sometime awhile back I was doubtful they still dropped but was reassured they do and then "unofficially" told that group loot is better by one of the responding GM's - there was more to the ticket than Tusks.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    Im at 795 kills now, no Tusks.

Sometime awhile back I was doubtful they still dropped but was reassured they do and then "unofficially" told that group loot is better by one of the responding GM's - there was more to the ticket than Tusks.
    Hmm, I just don't see how that is considering group loot rolls on a table of 25 potential items and since it's a 10 man group your getting what, 2? :/. Whereas personal is rolling on a small table of ~5 and guaranteeing 1 everytime.