Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    This is my general feeling too. The last couple of years it feels like Blizzard have been trying to cater to a crowd that doesn't even like RPGs in the first place because they're bigger in numbers but in the process they've alienated the people that fell in love with the game when it first launched.
    I would have to say last several years. I'm not sure if Blizzard understood that by catering to the instant gratification crowd, that has the attention span of a gnat, they would be creating their own content nightmare. Instead of keeping it an MMORPG with a consistent and level subscriber base, they went all out in catering to that crowd who's subscriptions are going to be shaky at best due to "I'm bored".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Personally, I don't know how anyone could like the leveling better since there is nothing fun about watching an auto-attack 50% of the time (nor does it require more skill, just more patience). Nevertheless, WoW has never been about leveling.
    Because you never played Vanilla. There are ways to survive two or more mobs in Vanilla without dying. Paladins can judge light and use seal of light to keep themselves alive, while a Mage can Frost Nova and AOE them down slowly. AOE stomp if you're a Tauren, and maybe use an Engineering bomb to stun mobs while you just run away until they drop aggro. While these are things you can do in Legion, there's never the urgency cause most things die in 2-3 hits.

You also see it in the comment section of almost every WoW video. You know, the group of people who constantly say WoW is too easy now. The ones who don't play, never progressed past any real content back when or LFR recently (or don't even play anymore) acting like the game is extremely easy.
    You can't blame them believing the game is finished once they clear LFR. Then to be told to do the same raid again, but it's harder with recolored loot. And then to be told to do it again on Heroic, for more recolored loot. And then finally to be told to do it again on Mythic, for more recolored loot. It's not fun to clear the same raid over and over.
    I have seen it with real life friends who refuse and despise Legion and will only play Nostalrius. They haven't even done anything note worthy where they are in a position to gauge how 'easy' new content is.
    I like your friends, they seem to get it.
    In Vanilla there was none of this. Half of the raid going AFK during MC. People being feared into whelps. No way to see who wasn't doing what they're supposed to. Running out of quests looking around aimlessly or grinding to progress. Being stuck looting. Realm crashes. 30 minute runs after a wipe. The list goes on.
    You never run out of quests in Vanilla, and whelps is a legitimate mechanic in a boss fight.
    I can see where now there is more emphasis on casual players but still most of the content and plenty of content is there for the hardcore.
    Seriously? Like what else besides Mythics?
    We are still very rewarded for putting the time in.
    I don't want to be rewarded for time, I want to be rewarded for skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I don't want to be rewarded for time, I want to be rewarded for skill.
    LOL

Nothing was hard in vanilla, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrs ankle View Post
    LOL

Yeah, ok. Another one who wasn't there. Please keep your comments to late cataclysm and above. You know, where you "learned" what WoW was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Yeah, ok. Another one who wasn't there. Please keep your comments to late cataclysm and above. You know, where you "learned" what WoW was about.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Karyu/simple

LOL

Game-play wise not much was better in Classic. For me personally it was the community, you knew a lot of people on your server, you battled against the same guys in PVP, ran dungeons with people on your realm, no one rushed through things...everything felt like an adventure.

BC was released January of 2007. You linked achievements from late 2008. Achievements were not active until 2008 meaning the entire point of posting achievements is pointless. Unless you never realized that because you never played Vanilla. If you achieved the mediocre pvp achievements in 2008, (which they had been shut off), it might indicate that you played prior to it. But does not indicate you in any way excelled. I played Vanilla. I am watching all the Legion guys die in vanilla trying to round up mobs on some private server. Its funny. It is time for Legion fanboys to just get over the fact that their game does not take the same level of skill as vanilla. Because it doesn't. BTW, while you were standing there looking through your achievements you picked up a legendary.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    More quests (as in actual quests, that chained, with story/lore involved).
    More Raids.
    More dungeons (with more bosses) and actual item sets from farming them (so the game wasn't raid or die).
    World designed around ground mounts (so lack of flying didn't ruin the world like it does now the world is designed around having flying mounts).
    AH weapons/armor useful (not just for Xmog).
    Rep items useful (not just for Xmog).

Loads more too (I'm not saying Vanilla was better, just listing some of the ways in which it was better than WoD/Leg)

10+ Year Old Account
    The endgame of Vanilla and TBC started at level 1 and there were multiple branches. Taking months to level up casually you could have a huge difference leveling a character of another race.

Raiding from what I've heard was a tank&spank numbers game where threat was the main mechanic of every boss, which sounds boring tbh.
    Last edited by Deztru; 2017-01-17 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    BC was released January of 2007. You linked achievements from late 2008. Achievements were not active until 2008 meaning the entire point of posting achievements is pointless. Unless you never realized that because you never played Vanilla. If you achieved the mediocre pvp achievements in 2008, (which they had been shut off), it might indicate that you played prior to it. But does not indicate you in any way excelled. I played Vanilla. I am watching all the Legion guys die in vanilla trying to round up mobs on some private server. Its funny. It is time for Legion fanboys to just get over the fact that their game does not take the same level of skill as vanilla. Because it doesn't. BTW, while you were standing there looking through your achievements you picked up a legendary.
    You couldn't get achievments before WoTLK prepatch.
    This is an obviously abandoned toon.
    I played pve, not pvp. I have rank 6 from fucking around.
    However, achievments were retroactive, so having vanilla pvp achievments on a level 70 toon that is visible on the armory shows that I did, indeed, play vanilla.

I was actually looking forward to the mental gymnastics and you did not disappoint.

LOL

Lol I went into my bank, scourgestones, frayed abom stitchings, the trinket to see the undead @ scholomance. Good times.
    Last edited by tyrs ankle; 2017-01-17 at 04:45 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    BC was released January of 2007. You linked achievements from late 2008. Achievements were not active until 2008 meaning the entire point of posting achievements is pointless.
    The achievements he linked were retroactive ones for doing stuff in Vanilla that was removed from the game with the TBC pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh please you know exactly what you were doing. Don't try that whole innocent act. Also just because you knew a few people from other MMOs does not mean they were the majority in WoW. Also YOU never saw it. Does not mean it suddenly doesn't exist. Also so what? You know a few people who are old and lead raid teams. That says absolutely nothing.
    can u please highlight were i "insulted the playerbase" or were i seem to have hurt your butt personally? i really dont get it, pls enlighten me. And i dont know where i shall beinnocent or guilty in your eyes, and you for sure are not my judge. Pls stop taking whatever u are on. What did i never see? i played ua for 3 years before i startet wow on its release day in europe. Most of my guild , that was called "blackthornes" for a reason, was people slowly but steadily transfering from ua to wow. Most other guilds (that were into stuff like organized raiding) were too.
    Our mc raidlead has been a guild and raidlead in asherons call, ua and eq 2. He still is the guildlead and raidlead of a rank 50 guild, one of the best and most sucessful german speaking guilds, now in his late 40ies. The guild was first found in the game Asherons call. in 1998.

Every other organized early classic raiding guild had a similar background, because those were the people with the knowhow and required skills.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2017-01-17 at 04:48 PM.

BC was released January of 2007. You linked achievements from late 2008. .
    Gonna step in here before you embarass yourself further.

Look at the feat of strength linked.

DO some thinking.

Ready now?

EDIT: Nvm been adressed *sheepish*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    In fairness it was such an epic fail that it deserves highlighting multiple times XD

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    In fairness it was such an epic fail that it deserves highlighting multiple times XD
    I didn't even get past the 2nd line of his post before wanting to correct it. If it was trollbait holy fuck it was effective :P
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I didn't even get past the 2nd line of his post before wanting to correct it. If it was trollbait holy fuck it was effective :P
    It's classic nostalgiatard rhetoric.

Gonna step in here before you embarass yourself further.

Look at the feat of strength linked.

DO some thinking.

Ready now?

haha achievments were added much later, i think with the wotlk patch? and if you server-transfered between classic and time, the retroactive achievment tracker was fucked over big time. i lost season 2 and 3 gladiator, 5vs5 2.2 k and a lot of classic stuff because i did transfer my main late tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    haha achievments were added much later, i think with the wotlk patch? and if you server-transfered between classic and time, the retroactive achievment tracker was fucked over big time. i lost season 2 and 3 gladiator, 5vs5 2.2 k and a lot of classic stuff because i did transfer my main late tbc.
    That's unfortunate. I transferred early TBC so thankfully the achievs are still there. Kinda salty that I can't use my rank 6 title and super salty that I deleted my rank 6 level 49 shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Did you get the feat of strength for a PvP rank that was removed in Vanilla from transferring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was cool in 2004.
    Vanilla is out of date in 2016.

It's not about "Having Arrow for hunters, or water stacks, or epic gear like Tier2 or 3", old pvp system, eating every mobs...

It's about everything related to the programmation code, addons, old options, low resolution, old os, old drivers/directx, file system, account protection, account restoration tools, server transfer, shop, Wow Armory, Mobiles Apps, etc...

Of course you can use an old client connecting to an old server, but people will complain about "Hey why I cannot see my toon on WoW Armory?, etc..."

I prefer that Blizzard keep working on current version.