Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, if it is actually a relevant choice then it's all for the better: more choices / more build diversity.

Shooting Stars damage increased by 31%.
    Soul of the Forest now increases Empowerments by 20% (was 15%) and reduces Starfall cost by 20 (was 10).
    Stellar Drift increases Starfall damage by 60% (was 20%).
    Stellar Flare cost reduced to 10 astral power (was 15), direct damage increased by 25% and damage over time increased by 23%.
    Warrior of Elune now affect 3 Lunar Strikes (was 2).

So to move away from the bickering and back and forth, I have a real questions. With the buffs to talents listed above, do any of them take a place in the standard single target rotation. I know some of the changes change what we want for AOE, but are any of them a single target improvement over what we already use?

Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    All specs got the aura buff to counteract the secondary stat "squish". That shouldn't really matter.
    Wrong. It's to counteract the spec specific changes. The secondary stat changes are balanced by increased stat budgets on items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    which means we will still be in deep shit, and that's ok with you i guess?
    We're still where we were before. As is everybody else. How i feel about that isn't currently part of the discussion.

Mythic Helya should be fun this week since I was already designated as blob/add bitch. What I am curious of is at what mob count is it better to keep starfall up since I have to go Stellar Drift (2+ mobs or 3+)

Are you guys going to use Soul of the Forest in M+ or do you think Incarnation is still the best pick?
    I personally think SotF should become competitive since we spend most times doing AoE and can still have CA for bosses.
    Stellar Flare doesn't look appealing, too clunky and overall boring. I'd rather keep using incarnation.

Also wondering if we will ever use Fury of Elune.. the damage buff isn't what I was expecting.
    Most of the weekly affixes make hardcasting very complicated, so I would've preferred if they removed the cooldown and/or made the area a little bit bigger.

In raids I feel we will be stuck with our good ol' INC/BotA/NB for single targets. Kinda disappointing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    All specs got the aura buff to counteract the secondary stat "squish". That shouldn't really matter.

What I am wondering about and haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the buffs to our alternative talent setups. I am quite new to boomkin and still not 100% sure about my reroll, but from what I have read in the Boomkin "compendium" - Fury of Elune was already very competitive, and now it is getting buffed. Considering the many cleave/add encounters in NH, isn't that ever more appealing?

And Stellar flare? Solid buff and the environment to use it.

It all seems great to me, but maybe I am missing something. Pls enlighten me!
    Fury of Elune was never really an option for Emerald Nightmare and was almost impossible to use properly in high M+ due to the mobility they require. (IE. Sanguine, Volcanic, Necrotic). It does some nice damage but the time it takes to get to 100 AP and keeping your bar full is not really worth imho.

Stellar Flare on the other side now looks like a somewhat decent option, even if the 10 AP cost sounds dumb, and I'm not ready to let go of Incarnation yet. I'm more excited about SotF in dungeons than StFl in raids.

I am going to test out the full starfall type build see how that works out. It seems like it picks up an awful lot of AOE dps at the expense of a shorter burst window and having to redot a bit more frequently. I think for mythics it should hands down be better because starfall with all the buffs fully geared now costs the same as star surge to cast to get your aoe rolling fast and pretty big damage improvement on it and talents and artifact that buff it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I am going to test out the full starfall type build see how that works out. It seems like it picks up an awful lot of AOE dps at the expense of a shorter burst window and having to redot a bit more frequently. I think for mythics it should hands down be better because starfall with all the buffs fully geared now costs the same as star surge to cast to get your aoe rolling fast and pretty big damage improvement on it and talents and artifact that buff it.
    totally agree, can't wait to try it out tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoto View Post

Fury of Elune was never really an option for Emerald Nightmare and was almost impossible to use properly in high M+ due to the mobility they require. (IE. Sanguine, Volcanic, Necrotic). It does some nice damage but the time it takes to get to 100 AP and keeping your bar full is not really worth imho.

Stellar Flare on the other side now looks like a somewhat decent option, even if the 10 AP cost sounds dumb, and I'm not ready to let go of Incarnation yet. I'm more excited about SotF in dungeons than StFl in raids.
    Yeah it makes sense for FoE to still not be fully manageable considering movement heavy encounters. But in that scenario NB is also pretty bad, because you aren't extending your dots as much as on patchwerk/sims which makes the talent also less useful. I guess if there were an encounter where FoE was favourable, people would be talking about it...

Coming from a fury warrior with 50s CDs, Incarnation with 3m already feels quite lackluster (more so on farm bosses that die on the 3rd or 6th minute...). I will definitely be trying out Stellar Flare this week.

Anyone else simming Mastery highest and Haste lowest? (granted I don't have ED)