Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What was false? What part of the CNN article was false? I would like some actual evidence, thanks. The reported about a memo, that has been confirmed to exist. They reported about a briefing, which absolutely occurred. Even Biden admits to both. What did they say was actually false? CNN never said the documents mentioned in the memo are true. In fact, they specifically stated that they could not determine if the documents are genuine.

You still never answered my question... it's been two days of you dodging it. Stop being a coward, and admit to your hypocrisy. You've been claiming to be outraged by this, yet you love to post unverified reports.

CNN lied about Trump being presented with those memos and the reason way

CNN makes this claim from their head line

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politi...sia/index.html

but the truth is this

Donald Trump Wasn’t Told About Unverified Russia Dossier, Official Says

"Intel and law enforcement officials agree that none of the investigations have found any conclusive or direct link between Trump and the Russian government period," the senior official said.
    According to the senior official, the two-page summary about the unsubstantiated material made available to the briefers was to provide context, should they need it, to draw the distinction for Trump between analyzed intelligence and unvetted "disinformation."
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tr...alings-n705586

Just in CNNs headline alone they lied twice one that Trump was presented the memos and two it wasn't because the Intel officials was warning Trump he has been compromised by Russia. the Intel officials brought but not presented the two-page summary it was to give Trump an example of unvetted "disinformation."

So Flynn may have violated the Logan Act. Typically not enforced but if proven, could open the case up a bit. Link here.

Basically, Trump's security adviser, Michael Flynn, is accused by a senior official of having phoned the Russian ambassador frequently the day Obama expelled the 35 diplomats and announced harsher sanctions on Russia. Could be nothing, but considered suspicious given Flynn's already noted and blatant ties with Russia and if he were found to be convincing them that they would be overturned under Trump and to just ride the wave, it would violate the Logan Act and bring unquestionable evidence of Russian ties to the forefront.

To note, the Logan Act is a policy that is normally unenforced due to the difficulty of enforcement but prohibits any civilians from negotiating deals, especially foreign, on the government's behalf without approval. Given Trump was still presidential elect at the time it happened (Dec 28,) and not the president, his camp wouldn't yet be vetted federal officers and the law could be enforced if proven.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-01-13 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I don't know how many times I need to keep posting this? I guess as many times as you Trump haters keep ignoring it

"Intel and law enforcement officials agree that none of the investigations have found any conclusive or direct link between Trump and the Russian government period," the senior official said.

- - - Updated - - -

and how many times does it need to be posted what was false about the CNN article I know I have done it at least a half of dozen times

and this is why I wont waste my time answering any of your questions you will just ignore it if you don't like the answer

I ma confused...Are we trusting same agencies that lied about whole hacking thing? I guess I should check with you guys?

Forgot about the nitty griddy, the reason why this was published so be clear and this article on the slate words it perfectly

If not please stop being a fanboy.

Yet the dossier did come out eventually, and it’s interesting to reflect on how and why it happened—and whether it was inevitable. It happened via a series of steps by various actors, each of whom relied on the actions of those before them to justify their own decisions. BuzzFeed presumably published it in part because CNN was reporting on it. CNN was reporting on it because intelligence officials had briefed Trump on it. Intelligence officials briefed Trump on it because senior congressional leaders were passing it around. Senior congressional leaders may have been passing it around in part because Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid alluded to it in a letter blasting FBI Director James Comey for publicizing information harmful to Hillary Clinton but not publicizing the dirt on Trump. Each act lowered the bar for those who followed to act on information that they knew might or might not be true.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...ia_and_no.html

So lets say that they didn't report Trump on it and CNN was mistaken about that, the fact of the mater is the stupid thing was something people have been reading and talking about it behind the scenes for months so by that it became a story about by itself even if it's proved to be wrong.

Difference between fake news and this? Fake news starts out as total BS and gets published without a second though and starts leading a ''life'' after it's get published,.
    This story already got a life before it was published, it was circulating for months. The idea that every story that gets published needs to be true or be called fake news is ridiculous, the right-wing does that because otherwise their would be no way to justify all of the crap that comes out of right wing media (which is allot)

but the truth is this

According to the senior official, the two-page summary about the unsubstantiated material made available to the briefers was to provide context, should they need it, to draw the distinction for Trump between analyzed intelligence and unvetted "disinformation."

Just in CNNs headline alone they lied twice one that Trump was presented the memos and two it wasn't because the Intel officials was warning Trump he has been compromised by Russia. the Intel officials brought but not presented the two-page summary it was to give Trump an example of unvetted "disinformation."
    You literally just posted something that did not back up your claim. CNN reported that he was briefed along with Obama. Biden confirmed that he and Obama got the memo in that briefing, so that actually corroborates what CNN reported. In order for it to be a lie, you have to show they knowingly stated false information. You have not done that.

Trump clearly knew something, because he tweeted about the leak, that you people don't seem to believe actually hapened.

You also never responded whether you were outraged about those other reports about unverified information. It clearly didn't bother you, since you posted them. Yes, that process you are a hypocrite. Thanks for playing.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how many times I need to keep posting this? I guess as many times as you Trump haters keep ignoring it

- - - Updated - - -

and how many times does it need to be posted what was false about the CNN article I know I have done it at least a half of dozen times

and this is why I wont waste my time answering any of your questions you will just ignore it if you don't like the answer
    Thanks for finally admitting g your hypocrisy. You also said you would answer, if I provided I provifed them, yet you refused to answer. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a blatant hypocrite is also a liar.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-01-13 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Forgot about the nitty griddy, the reason why this was published so be clear and this article on the slate words it perfectly

If not please stop being a fanboy.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...ia_and_no.html

So lets say that they didn't report Trump on it and CNN was mistaken about that, the fact of the mater is the stupid thing was something people have been reading and talking about it behind the scenes for months so by that it became a story about by itself even if it's proved to be wrong.

Difference between fake news and this? Fake news starts out as total BS and gets published without a second though and starts leading a ''life'' after it's get published,.
    This story already got a life before it was published, it was circulating for months. The idea that every story that gets published needs to be true or be called fake news is ridiculous, the right-wing does that because otherwise their would be no way to justify all of the crap that comes out of right wing media (which is allot)
    Yeah...technically the exact accusations were mentioned back in like August. Evan McMullin even used it as part of his campaign. Kurt Eichenwald even backed it up with his sources and he's ridiculously credible for a journalist.

It's just now making headlines because there's a formal dossier on it confirmed to exist by McCain, the intelligence community, Biden, Obama, and the FBI is even saying they briefed Trump on it.

Does that make it true? No. But despite Buzzfeed's shenanigans, CNN wasn't even claiming it was true. They reported on the existence of a suspicious dossier provided by a previously credible source, and its supposed contents, that was making its rounds in the intelligence community and was considered concerning enough by McCain to submit to the FBI a pending an investigation, to brief members of the White House and Trump on its existence and claims. They outright noted that the claims were not yet substantiated.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account

CNN's reporting has not changed. In fact just yesterday, they again verified with multiple sources that Comey and Trump discussed the 2 page memo.

Multiple US officials briefed on the matter told CNN on Thursday that FBI Director James Comey and Trump had a brief one-on-one conversation at last Friday's intelligence briefing.

It's during that pull aside that Comey briefed the President-elect on the two-page synopsis of the claims about Trump and Russia. All four intelligence chiefs had decided that Comey would be the one who would handle the sensitive discussion with the President-elect.

The discussion was described by the sources as cordial.
    Eat yo vegetables

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is 113 pages about stuff thats not true, alot of this is all those butt hurt by the loss still cant get over it and it gives them something to cry about, blame, whatever.. all it does is take away from other news thats not fake and needs to be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Funny thing is 113 pages about stuff thats not true, alot of this is all those butt hurt by the loss still cant get over it and it gives them something to cry about, blame, whatever.. all it does is take away from other news thats not fake and needs to be discussed.
    Except it's a few Republican congressmen pushing this the hardest.

And if anyone starts calling McCain, Graham, and Paul RINOs because for daring to speak out against the god emperor on this topic I'll fucking laugh in their face. edit: Hell even Rubio ripped into Tillerson over Putin.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-01-13 at 01:33 PM.

Trump is a purveyor of fake news. He kept the Obama birth certificate fake news going for years. Perhaps you don't trust the IC but Trump certainly can't be trusted either -- he is fake news and thrives with it.

The developing information about Christopher Steele may shed some additional light on these claims of incriminating evidence of Trump's perversions (which, to some extent have been previewed by reports of related things during the campaign) if he'll come out of hiding for interviews or provide some way to verify (or not) the information in that document.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    My 2 cents. Document published by Buzzfeed was fake news.

Briefing happened, but the 2 page synopsis was never presented to Trump, having been filtered out before the brief. The news reported that it was presented to Trump by CNN, was also fake news(this being the primary Fake News CNN is arguably guilty of distributing).

Claims that president-elect was briefed on dossier which alleged Russia held a smear file on him are not true, intelligence officials reveal. In fact, NBC News reported, the intelligence chiefs at the meeting were given a two-page summary but Trump was only given an oral briefing.

President-elect goes on offense over leaked report which was investigated by FBI that Russian spies had file of compromising information on him.

Document was reportedly drawn up by ex-British spy paid by Trump's political enemies and includes allegation of secret film of degrading sex acts.

Furious Trump calls it 'fake news' and slams intelligence agencies for allowing 'fake news to 'leak' into public'.

He denies any involvement in Russia saying: 'I have nothing to do with Russia - no deals, no loans, no nothing'.

Kremlin joins in condemnation of report calling it 'complete fabrication and utter nonsense'.

Reports of the document's existence surfaced on CNN on evening before Trump holds major press conference and confirmation hearing for his top diplomat.

John McCain - handed the report to the FBI.

New York Times and Washington Post were both handed documents months ago but could not verify them.

Buzzfeed published it in full on Tuesday with no further evidence than NYT and WaPO had months ago.

Buzzfeed admits the documents are unverified and contain clear errors - but published it anyway. Exactly the same justification as National Enquirer.

Liberal trolls claim
    1. Hypocrisy for republicans being upset over fake news, when pizzagate happened.
    2. Story is not fake

Repub trolls claim
    1. Story is fake news
    2. Comparing this story to pizzagate is fair since both are fake news.

In reality, this is fake news, since it can't be substantiated in any way and will likely not be investigated to the extent necessary to prove anything. Evidence of misdeeds would indeed be very hard to find, otherwise blackmail wouldn't be possible so claiming things you think and can't prove(and have no evidence of) is not real news, it is editorializing, which is a form of fake news. Pizzagate is a very similar example of this in the recent past. If there are those investigating this or pizzagate who come up with any evidence, we can re-examine the validity, but odds are nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah...technically the exact accusations were mentioned back in like August. Evan McMullin even used it as part of his campaign. Kurt Eichenwald even backed it up with his sources and he's ridiculously credible for a journalist.

It's just now making headlines because there's a formal dossier on it confirmed to exist by McCain, the intelligence community, Biden, Obama, and the FBI is even saying they briefed Trump on it.

Does that make it true? No. But despite Buzzfeed's shenanigans, CNN wasn't even claiming it was true. They reported on the existence of a suspicious dossier provided by a previously credible source, and its supposed contents, that was making its rounds in the intelligence community and was considered concerning enough by McCain to submit to the FBI a pending an investigation, to brief members of the White House and Trump on its existence and claims. They outright noted that the claims were not yet substantiated.
    people, including Clinton, have been talking about the connection between the Trump's campaign and Russia for months, clearly their was allot of chatter behind the scene's but just not enough evidence to make it public.

This became news because it's been subject of talk for months now (behind the scene's), the fact that you can have a discussion by itself at this point means that their is some justification for releasing it to the public.

Given Trump's dismissal of intelligence briefings it's possible that he didn't pay or wasn't paying attention to mention of this additional, context-setting information. Or perhaps he was asleep. Or perhaps he did hear it and is just doing the denying thing since that makes it easier to sling tweets and accusations around.

but the truth is this

Quote Originally Posted by finchna View Post
    Given Trump's dismissal of intelligence briefings it's possible that he didn't pay or wasn't paying attention to mention of this additional, context-setting information. Or perhaps he was asleep. Or perhaps he did hear it and is just doing the denying thing since that makes it easier to sling tweets and accusations around.
    I know reading comprehension can be hard sometimes

President-elect Donald Trump was not told about unverified reports that Russia has compromising information on him during last week's intelligence briefing, according to a senior intelligence official with knowledge of preparations for the briefing.

Quote Originally Posted by finchna View Post
    "Intelligence meeting now, don't need to listen because I'm very smart. Obama acting like he still matters. SAD."

but the truth is this

Biden confirmed that intelligence agencies told Obama and Trump about the unconfirmed report. That doesn't mean the report is true, it means that the briefing happened, which is what CNN reported.

This isn't hard people. It is factual that intelligence agencies came to Barack and Dump and said, "Look, there is this report, it may or may not be true, but we feel it is important enough that you need to know that this report exists." and that's exactly what CNN reported, that the briefing happened.

In the original breaking story they didn't mention buzzfeed, buzz did its thing after their report. They didn't mention any of the details in the uncorroborated story, just that the uncorroborated story was presented to the presidents, which is entirely factual and confirmed by the VP Biden.

Why this is so hard to understand I do not know.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    What matters is, Trump likes piss.

President-elect Donald Trump was not told about unverified reports that Russia has compromising information on him during last week's intelligence briefing, according to a senior intelligence official with knowledge of preparations for the briefing.

so who should I believe? that is a tough one should I believe the network that not once but twice unethically passed on debate questions to the Clinton campaign or NBC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Biden confirmed that intelligence agencies told Obama and Trump about the unconfirmed report. That doesn't mean the report is true, it means that the briefing happened, which is what CNN reported.

This isn't hard people. It is factual that intelligence agencies came to Barack and Dump and said, "Look, there is this report, it may or may not be true, but we feel it is important enough that you need to know that this report exists." and that's exactly what CNN reported, that the briefing happened.

In the original breaking story they didn't mention buzzfeed, buzz did its thing after their report. They didn't mention any of the details in the uncorroborated story, just that the uncorroborated story was presented to the presidents, which is entirely factual and confirmed by the VP Biden.

Why this is so hard to understand I do not know.
    Trump said he was told but later and not by the intel officials like CNN claimed

10+ Year Old Account

It's just absolutely adorable that you're relying upon an NBC anonymous source for your information. How progressive of you.

- - - Updated - - -

so who should I believe? that is a tough one should I believe the network that not once but twice unethically passed on debate questions to the Clinton campaign or NBC
    CNN's multiple sources didn't leak the question to the Clinton camp. Donna Brazile did.

What happened to personal accountability?
    Eat yo vegetables

- - - Updated - - -

Trump said he was told but later and not by the intel officials like CNN claimed
    Let's say you're right. How much does it actually matter? CNN was told that the memo was prepared and was brought to the briefing; if their source didn't communicate that the memo wasn't given to Trump, how is it their fault for coming to a reasonable conclusion? You're getting aggroed by what is really a minor detail.

Which intelligence officials are to be believed? Denying things happened make it so much easier.